Page 40 of 172 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090140 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    Very true, in 2012 he only apologized to GLAAD and the LGBT community after his blog was exposed by the media.
    He only recently apologized for the pedophilia and rape tweets after these tweet was exposed by a right-wing nut job.
    Both apologies seems half-hearted.
    Why do you think that?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by motherofpearl1 View Post
    I enjoyed both Guardians films immensely, but I don't think I'll bother with 3, if there's a 3. Past experience has taught me that replacing directors on franchises usually ruins said franchise.

The first two Avengers were directed by Joss Whedon and Infinity War was directed by the Russo brothers. The general consensus is that IW was the best out of three. And considered a huge improvement after Age Of Ultron.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 is amazing.

I strongly feel it's onee of the best and most adult, serious films to come out of the MCU so far.

Quote Originally Posted by KCJ506 View Post
    The first two Avengers were directed by Joss Whedon and Infinity War was directed by the Russo brothers. The general consensus is that IW was the best out of three. And considered a huge improvement after Age Of Ultron.
    The Guardians movies are deeply personal films in a way the Avengers films simply are not. Avengers films are basically a victory lap for Marvel Studios.

Black Panther is probably the most apt comparison (and Panther has its thing that sets it apart from the other MCU films.)

TBH Infinity War didn't actually feel like a film about the Avengers, it felt more like a Marvel cross-over film.
    Snowflakes melt in flame wars.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I strongly feel it's onee of the best and most adult, serious films to come out of the MCU so far.
    I think I see what you did there...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by KCJ506 View Post
    General consensus IW best Avengers movie? Nah better than AOU yeah but not the best of three.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ultrarider7 View Post
    I really dislike what Gunn did to the GOTG so hopefully he stays far away from any comic book related project.
    Really? I haven't seen this opinion before. I'm curious what liberties you did not like that Gunn took with the property because having read the original comics(or more like attempted to read them since I really couldn't get into them) I find Gunn's iteration superior to the comic book version.

Though I will say the most accurate adaption of the Guardians of The Galaxy( 2008 revamp wise) is found in Earth's Mightiest Heroes.

"I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Forseti View Post
    Oh my, you're being judged here for something you put on the internet. How unfair.
    Why are 'tiger sharks' racist? (Honest question, I'm lost...not unusual...but anyway is it sharks or tigers the combination?)

Astonishing Member

I just gonna let double posts stay from now on...not worth the effort...
    Last edited by anyajenkins; 08-03-2018 at 10:22 AM.

Really? I haven't seen this opinion before. I'm curious what liberties you did not like that Gunn took with the property because having read the original comics(or more like attempted to read them since I really couldn't get into them) I find Gunn's iteration superior to the comic book version.
    I'm with you on this. The comics Gamora and Drax come off as extremely dry and lacking personality a good deal of the time and before the movie Starlord was just an unlikable prick.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post

Edit: They've also empowered the alt right to continue their harassment campaigns.
    This right here is the real important part.

Whether you like Gunn or whether you don't, literal nazis now know that they can dredge up old forgotten jokes people have made and use them as weapons to destroy those people. Maybe you like Gunn and think he's blameless, maybe you don't and think he's a horrible person. Either way you should be against this for just the "how" behind it all.
    Last edited by Alan2099; 08-03-2018 at 10:31 AM.

BANNED

If Gunn wasn’t so stupid and disgusting, the crazy alt-right would have nothing on him.
    Can’t blame the crazy alt-right for this, it’s all Gunn’s fault.

If Gunn wasn’t so stupid and disgusting, the crazy alt-right would have nothing on him.
    Partly true, I'd also blame how easily people are manipulated into manufacturered outrage.
    Snowflakes melt in flame wars.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I'm with you on this. The comics Gamora and Drax come off as extremely dry and lacking personality a good deal of the time and before the movie Starlord was just an unlikable prick.

This right here is the real important part.

Whether you like Gunn or whether you don't, literal nazis now know that they can dredge up old forgotten jokes people have made and use them as weapons to destroy those people. Maybe you like Gunn and think he's blameless, maybe you don't and think he's a horrible person. Either way you should be against this for just the "how" behind it all.
    EXACTLY.

This is how the "Right", especially the "alt-right" rolls - they're always trying to get revenge on people they disapprove of, just because one (or more) of them got caught in something wrong. Disney needs to step up and take a stand to support the values of heroism that they so eloquently express in their superhero movies.

The exact same person who started this campaign against Gunn lied about a pedophile ring that got a pizza place shot up.

The alt-right are not on the up-and-up. And that is incredibly relevant.
    Last edited by Kevinroc; 08-03-2018 at 02:09 PM.