Page 53 of 172 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103153 ... LastLast

I wonder who will decided the soundtrack for movie 3, the soundtrack was always decided by Gunn and even Rubberband Man in Avengers was chosen by him. Considering some people haven't realised it's not actually 80's music (it's music Starlord's Mum listened to growing up and passing onto him) and serious suggestions of All Star to be included it's could be the most easily overlooked mistake they could make.

It's not a big thing but I remember watching Iron Man 3 and felt it was missing the AC/DC songs from the previous films.
    Snowflakes melt in flame wars.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Scarlett Johansson is an advocate of metoo but still supports Woody Allen. What does it prove? Except celebrities are hypocrites. So an alt-righter outed Gunn does it make what he did less wrong? And just because someone agrees with what Disney did doesn't mean they're siding with the alt-right ffs.

Let's not forget it's the far left that created this outrage culture largely over trivial things like movie posters, comic covers or some video game characters butt being too big. Now that this monster has come back to bite them in the butt they want to complain. The hypocrisy is stunning.
    I consider myself a liberal and I am supported Bernie Sanders. But I am agreeing with you on this one.
    The James Gunn supporters don’t have a credible argument, so they try to muddy the water by blaming the alt-right and insulting anyone who don’t support Gunn.

It doesn’t matter if the alt right or anybody else exposed Gunn.
    The fact is Gunn wrote these tweets. He and only he is responsible for them.
    Last edited by Raiders; 08-13-2018 at 04:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    I consider myself a liberal and I am supported Bernie Sanders. But I am agreeing with you on this one.
    The James Gunn supporters don’t have a credible argument, so they try to muddy the water by blaming the alt-right and insulting anyone who don’t support Gunn.

Why are you not able to forgive Gunn? You act as if he made these comments a week ago, and not almost 10 years ago. You act as if the (to borrow a phrase from Dave Bautista) #cybernazis don't matter at all in this equation, even when it has been demonstrably proven they took many of these tweets out of context. You insult and demean those who don't agree with you, clearly stating anyone who would dare forgive Gunn and would like to see him reinstated as Guardian 3's director is stupid. You're perfectly willing to throw anyone under the bus to win an argument on the internet, including people who say their very lives were threatened. And then you act insulted when people take issue with how you have acted in this thread.

I don't understand how anyone except one of Cernovich's (hat tip Dave Bautista again) #cybernazis could have this attitude.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 08-13-2018 at 07:12 PM.

BANNED

I believe what I believe.
    Disney was right for firing Gunn.
    It doesn’t matter if the tweets are 10 years old, wrong is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Why are you not able to forgive Gunn? You act as if he made these comments a week ago, and not almost 10 years ago. You act as if the (to borrow a phrase from Dave Bautista) #cybernazis don't matter at all in this equation, even when it has been demonstrably proven they took many of these tweets out of context. You insult and demean those who don't agree with you, clearly stating anyone who would dare forgive Gunn and would like to see him reinstated as Guardian 3's director is stupid. You're perfectly willing to throw anyone under the bus to win an argument on the internet, including people who say their very lives were threatened. And then you act insulted when people take issue with how you have acted in this thread.

I don't understand how anyone except one of Cernovich's (hat tip Dave Bautista again) #cybernazis could have this attitude.
    Gunns tweets were taken out of context? I'm curious to know what the proper context for telling pedophile jokes on social media is.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Gunns tweets were taken out of context? I'm curious to know what the proper context for telling pedophile jokes on social media is.
    That’s a good point.
    But unfortunately, the tweets when on for three years.
    Last edited by Raiders; 08-13-2018 at 09:19 PM.

Someone on Reddit try to put context to some of Gunn's tweets. And yeah, a lot of them are dumb edgelord shock value tweets.

https://amp.reddit.com/r/marvelstudi...mpression=true

I'll post a few examples here.

In the park with Von Spears. Von Spears loves kids so much I think he may be a pedophile.
    Was one of Gunn's tweets that got him fired. "Von Spears" is the name of Gunn's dog.

Just got done looking at some videos that were too disgusting and too disturbing to even share. Even I have my limits. Time to throw up!
    There is zero context to this tweet, but Cernovich and his lackeys retweeted it anyway.

I'm auctioning off @mikaelahoover's anal virginity tonight at Night of #140Teets. It's for Haiti.
    Mikaela Hoover is an actress and friend of Gunn's. (The reddit post linked to her now private twitter account.)

More at the link.

Someone on Reddit try to put context to some of Gunn's tweets. And yeah, a lot of them are dumb edgelord shock value tweets.

https://amp.reddit.com/r/marvelstudi...mpression=true

I'll post a few examples here.

Was one of Gunn's tweets that got him fired. "Von Spears" is the name of Gunn's dog.

There is zero context to this tweet, but Cernovich and his lackeys retweeted it anyway.

Mikaela Hoover is an actress and friend of Gunn's. (The reddit post linked to her now private twitter account.)

More at the link.
    Said this earlier, but can't help but think that the backlash against his jokes wouldn't be so bad if they were actually funny.

If I were Disney I'm not sure I would have hired the guy if I'd seen these tweets. Not because I was necessarily offended, but because he doesn't really seem all that funny.

Thankfully his sense of humor has improved since then.

Said this earlier, but can't help but think that the backlash against his jokes wouldn't be so bad if they were actually funny.

If I were Disney I'm not sure I would have hired the guy if I'd seen these tweets. Not because I was necessarily offended, but because he doesn't really seem all that funny.

Thankfully his sense of humor has improved since then.
    The worst, I think, were his use of derogatory terms for Trans people. But somehow I don't think that's what Cernovich and his lackeys cared about in the slightest.

If Gunn has truly atoned and is sorry for this, and by all accounts he is, I think it was wrong for Disney to fire him. I think it was wrong to bow to pressure from Cernovich. And I would like to see Disney make this right.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Scarlett Johansson is an advocate of metoo but still supports Woody Allen. What does it prove? Except celebrities are hypocrites.
    It proves that no one actually gives a **** until someone makes too big a stink. Look at how many celebrities support Roman Polanski and how many still worked with him.

Oh well, if an actual paedophile can still work, Gunn will probably be OK. Disney's loss for not sticking to the true and tested hollywood tradition of not giving a ****.
    Live true or lie well.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah like I said before he should have just taken them down years ago.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah like I said before he should have just taken them down years ago.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Forseti View Post
    It proves that no one actually gives a **** until someone makes too big a stink. Look at how many celebrities support Roman Polanski and how many still worked with him.

Oh well, if an actual paedophile can still work, Gunn will probably be OK. Disney's loss for not sticking to the true and tested hollywood tradition of not giving a ****.
    Tbh honest Disney isn't really losing anything here. They designed the MCU so that everyone (Downey aside) is pretty much expendable. Possibly just for situations like this. Like others have said the Raganarok director has a very similiar style to Gunn's if he steps in it'll most likely be a seamless transition.

If Gunn was an edgy indy director making rated R films those tweets still may have gotten him in trouble but Disney has a family friendly image to uphold. He'll most likely still be making films if nothing else comes out. Just not big blockbusters for major comoanies.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post

People seem to get upset at Cho more for how he handles the criticism than any initial issue with the work. (The irony is that Cho is one of the better artists when it comes to drawing non-exploitive beautiful women. He just likes to poke the bear.)
    Nah he's been drawing that way for years and it wasn't to piss ppl off. It was just a style "cheesecake".

The worst, I think, were his use of derogatory terms for Trans people. But somehow I don't think that's what Cernovich and his lackeys cared about in the slightest.

If Gunn has truly atoned and is sorry for this, and by all accounts he is, I think it was wrong for Disney to fire him. I think it was wrong to bow to pressure from Cernovich. And I would like to see Disney make this right.
    I'm not sure I would have fired him if I were Disney.

But at the time time I'm not sure how sorry he really is for the tweets if he didn't bother taking them down sooner.