Page 68 of 172 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278118168 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 2577
    Astonishing Member

"An empire toppled by its enemies can rise again. But one that crumbles from within, that's dead. Forever."
    ―Helmut Zemo

Oh man the people who got Gunn fired is just roaring behind Disney's back. Well played. Ingenious.

BANNED

That article was misleading and unfair to RDJ.
    What the article didn’t tell us is RDJ was fired three different times for his bad behaviour.
    He was fired from:
    Ally McBeal
    America’s Sweethearts
    God, The Devil and Bob

So, why can’t Gunn be fired too for his bad behaviour?

X Gon' Give It to Ya Dum Dum Dugan's Avatar

Did they fire him when he was sober?

https://twitter.com/thelindsayellis/...04176688992256

So, you fired the popular director of one of your most popular franchises in reaction to a bad faith, politically-motivated campaign by the alt-right, and the backlash to an obvious mistake just isn't going away.

So, why can’t Gunn be fired too for his bad behaviour?
    RDJ was fired because he was behaving badly AT THE TIME he was fired.

At no point was he fired for things he did ten years ago.

RDJ has since changed. He is acting much better than he was. There is no reason to fire him now.

Gunn has changed. HE is acting much better than he was. There is no reason to fire him now. If he had been tweeting that stuff in the present day, then yeah, sure fire the guy. If RDj got back on drugs, sure. Fire him.

Neither of them are doing anything wrong NOW.

(and frankly, what Gunn did back then wasn't exactly wrong either, just tasteless.)

Found a quote I loved.
    He tweeted maybe a dozen pedophilia-related jokes over 4-5 years. By that standard I have a weird fixation with going to the dentist.
    Last edited by Alan2099; 08-17-2018 at 07:29 PM.

Since the obvious apparently needs to be stated...

- Downey wasn't sitting there with a smile on his face. Shoot, it seems like he told one judge that he wasn't even sure if he could stop himself.

Downey is an example of what everyone should be trying to be.

- Gunn, on the other hand, clearly seems to have thought his behavior was funny.

Which is about the opposite of what everyone should be trying to be.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Since the obvious apparently needs to be stated...

- Downey wasn't sitting there with a smile on his face. Shoot, it seems like he told one judge that he wasn't even sure if he could stop himself.

Downey is an example of what everyone should be trying to be.

- Gunn, on the other hand, clearly seems to have thought his behavior was funny.

Which is about the opposite of what everyone should be trying to be.
    Yes, he thought it was funny ten years ago. People change.

Quote Originally Posted by Dum Dum Dugan View Post
    How old was he ten years ago?

- Thirty?
    - Twenty?
    - Fifteen?

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    How old was he ten years ago?

- Thirty?
    - Twenty?
    - Fifteen?
    So people can't change after they reach a certain age?

So people can't change after they reach a certain age?
    More like...

"There is a certain age where I might still cut you some slack for acting like a complete idiot."

I get the feeling Gunn was past that age in the photos in question.

BANNED

Just a curiosity: why is it “Disney fired Gunn” but not also “Disney fired Roseanne”?

Yep. What he said about them now.

"My words of nearly a decade ago were, at the time, totally failed and unfortunate efforts to be provocative," Gunn, who deleted his Twitter account on Friday, said in a statement obtained by Variety.

"I have regretted them for many years since — not just because they were stupid, not at all funny, wildly insensitive, and certainly not provocative like I had hoped, but also because they don't reflect the person I am today or have been for some time."
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    Just a curiosity: why is it “Disney fired Gunn” but not also “Disney fired Roseanne”?
    This has already been stated a few times. Roseanne was fired for what she was currently doing, and even then it took several things as opposed to just one. And she was still offered the chance to delete her Twitter account rather than be fired. Gunn was fired for things well in the past with no option given. If Gunn had been given the same chances as Roseanne and still blew them I doubt this thread would have more than 2 pages, and it would be buried under more recent news.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    This has already been stated a few times. Roseanne was fired for what she was currently doing, and even then it took several things as opposed to just one. And she was still offered the chance to delete her Twitter account rather than be fired. Gunn was fired for things well in the past with no option given. If Gunn had been given the same chances as Roseanne and still blew them I doubt this thread would have more than 2 pages, and it would be buried under more recent news.
    That...didn't answer my question, but that could be my fault.

Usually when people refer to the Roseanne incident, I've noticed a tendency to say "ABC fired Roseanne".

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Yep. What he said about them now.

"My words of nearly a decade ago were, at the time, totally failed and unfortunate efforts to be provocative," Gunn, who deleted his Twitter account on Friday, said in a statement obtained by Variety.

"I have regretted them for many years since — not just because they were stupid, not at all funny, wildly insensitive, and certainly not provocative like I had hoped, but also because they don't reflect the person I am today or have been for some time."
    Here's my grumble.

Saying it(particularly after GLAAD all but forced the issue) is all well and good.

Making amends? Whole other kettle of fish.

Taking that into account, what are the specific actions he has taken to make amends with the group that called him out in the first place?