Page 89 of 172 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399139 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 2577

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    A demand that means nothing since Marvel doesn't have to accede to his demand.
    Do you really want one of your main actors not wanting to do a movie and hating being there? That's just asking for trouble.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Do you really want one of your main actors not wanting to do a movie and hating being there? That's just asking for trouble.
    Do you really think that's uncommon? It happens all the time, in both franchise and non-franchise films.

Do you really think that's uncommon? It happens all the time, in both franchise and non-franchise films.
    Bautista isn't the only one unhappy. The whole cast is.

What a terrible way to run a movie studio. "The cast is unhappy? **** 'em..."

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Given previous Guardians films, and given the MCU at a whole, Guardians 3 could have been looking at around a billion dollars.

Not anymore.
    As I said that remains to be seen.They is still a chance they could bounce back from this.It all the depends on the new director and the cast being willing to do there jobs without incident. With luck,this could just be one black spot in a otherwise uneventful production
    Last edited by Baseman; 08-20-2018 at 05:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baseman View Post
    As I said that remains to be seen.They is still a chance they could bounce back from this.It all the depends on the new director and the cast being willing to do there jobs without incidents. With luck,this could just be one black spot in a otherwise unevet production
    Gunn is so associated with Guardians at this point that I don't think this is possible.

BANNED

Gunn is so associated with Guardians at this point that I don't think this is possible.
    I would wager a chocolate shake that over 95% of the people who saw the previous 2 Guardians movies could not identify Gunn's role with the films, particularly 6 months from now.

I would wager a chocolate shake that over 95% of the people who saw the previous 2 Guardians movies could not identify Gunn's role with the films, particularly 6 months from now.
    You do know that Solo was considered a disappointment, right?

BANNED

You do know that Solo was considered a disappointment, right?
    I....really don't know what your point is.

I....really don't know what your point is.
    A troubled production and bad press can sink any movie. Even a Star Wars movie. Maybe even an MCU movie...

I don't. I've seen Thor: The Dark World.
    Thor Dark world more than tripled it's budget. If the next Guardians can do the same, Disney won't sweat it.

BANNED

A troubled production and bad press can sink any movie. Even a Star Wars movie. Maybe even an MCU movie...
    Solo had great press in the last couple of months directly before opening. It failed because it wasn't very well done. Which to me was not a surprise, though I had enormous hopes for it.

Remember that Solo was troubled because it was more than 50% through production before they had to change directors. Doesn't seem like there any relevant comparisons here.

You are kind of reaching there.

It's not exactly a "Main" property film. It's a prequel that focused on a handful of characters from the main property.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Thor Dark world more than tripled it's budget. If the next Guardians can do the same, Disney won't sweat it.
    The point was that Thor: The Dark World was not a good movie. That should not be what Marvel strives for with Guardians 3.

Solo had great press in the months directly before opening. It failed because it wasn't very well done. Which to me was not a surprise, though I had enormous hopes for it.

Remember that Solo was troubled because it was more than 50% through production before they had to change directors. Doesn't seem like there any relevant comparisons here.
    It got mostly positive reviews. But it still had a troubled production. My point is that no movie is a sure thing. Not even a Star Wars movie.

And not even an MCU movie.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    You are kind of reaching there.

It's not exactly a "Main" property film. It's a prequel that focused on a handful of characters from the main property.
    I'm not going to get into a semantics argument. Solo is a Star Wars movie. It has "Star Wars" in the title. It was heavily marketed on its "Star Wars" connections. It still disappointed at the box office.

(If it makes you feel better, I thought the movie was fine.)

BANNED

It got mostly positive reviews. But it still had a troubled production. My point is that no movie is a sure thing. Not even a Star Wars movie.

And not even an MCU movie.
    It also got good PR before reviews came out. We forget now, but excitement for Solo was actually building, until people actually saw it.

No one is arguing that a movie is a sure thing. But I don't think you can reasonably predict that Guardians will fail because it's going through a few weeks of hell before pre-production has even begun.

Personally, I don't want any superhero movie to fail. Every superhero movie that fails has the potential to be the first movie to start an unwelcome trend. I support Gunn completely, but that doesn't mean I want Guardians to fail just so I can raise a middle finger to Disney.