Page 9 of 172 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    No, I pointed out false equilvancies.
    In your opinion.

Astonishing Member

IMO he pissed off Trump too much and he got a few supporters in Disney to axe him. Don't piss off the big man.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by RikWriter View Post
    In your opinion.
    The increase and overwhelming incidences of racism in America against people of color far exceeds the same against white people. It's fact.

You can choose not to believe it but that's your business not mine.

EDIT: I'm done talking about this as the discussion has become circular.
    Last edited by Username taken; 07-21-2018 at 08:32 AM.

The moral of this story is... Don't use twitter.

Ever.

Extraordinary Member

No, I pointed out false equilvancies.
    No a false equivalency is saying two disproportionately different things are not of the same weight. You were using the magnitude of one to dismiss the other.

Extraordinary Member

Disney has to make a decision based on their business and the effect of this on it. This isn't a court of law, it's all about whether what he said is going to cost them money.
    I doubt this would have effected business too much. The correct answer is to not engage. Now it's a political thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post

Ever.
    This.

Like, for real.

One of the most pointless thing ever invented.

Ever.
    Eh. I just joined twitter either last year or 2016. I rarely use it and when I do it's to promote my indie comics or other creators' books I've supported. It's not rocket science. No one had to tell me to not wax poetic about rape and pedophilia.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    This is really bad news for GotG 3. James Gunn are those movies. Even if someone at home decides that I'm wrong in thinking that then just ask the actors. Bautista has just commented on it and I doubt you will find any of the actors agreeing with Disney on this decision. Simply because this had very little to do with making good movies and more about trying to pretend that people see Disney as a company with morals.

I woulndn't be suprised if this means that Gotg3 either gets canceled or some if not all of the actors drop out of it. They love Gunn and most of them work with this franchise because of him. Not some loyalty to Marvel of superhero movies in general. Without Gunn what are the GotG movies? We are about to find out and I doubt it will be pretty.
    Given how successful the GotG movies are, honestly I'd be surprised if the movie was cancelled or if even any of the big actors dropped out (assuming they could drop out and they're not contractually obligated to the movie).

I do think Gunn is a loss certainly... but I also think marvel has done a pretty darn good job replacing directors when they lose them. So far none of the marvel movies have been failures critically or commercially, so I'm not going to bet against them just yet.

Ultimate Member

Ever.
    One can use social media just be careful what you post there.

It's not really so difficult.

Social media can be a valuable tool just that people abuse it.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Disney has to make a decision based on their business and the effect of this on it. This isn't a court of law, it's all about whether what he said is going to cost them money.
    Disney knew about these tweets for years. This isn't the first time they came up and already apologized for. This is all some ******* taking advantage of what happened with Roseanne to get someone fired.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I do think Gunn is a loss certainly... but I also think marvel has done a pretty darn good job replacing directors when they lose them. So far none of the marvel movies have been failures critically or commercially, so I'm not going to bet against them just yet.
    I thought Gunn was going to be a pivotal part on the cosmic side of MCU. He had big plans for spin-offs. Can Marvel use his plans? Can they use him as a consultant?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    This is really bad news for GotG 3. James Gunn are those movies. Even if someone at home decides that I'm wrong in thinking that then just ask the actors. Bautista has just commented on it and I doubt you will find any of the actors agreeing with Disney on this decision. Simply because this had very little to do with making good movies and more about trying to pretend that people see Disney as a company with morals.

I woulndn't be suprised if this means that Gotg3 either gets canceled or some if not all of the actors drop out of it. They love Gunn and most of them work with this franchise because of him. Not some loyalty to Marvel of superhero movies in general. Without Gunn what are the GotG movies? We are about to find out and I doubt it will be pretty.
    Marvel won't cancel GOTG 3 but there will be a tonal change because the movies were made entirely in Gunn's style from casting to action.

One can use social media just be careful what you post there.

It's not really so difficult.

Social media can be a valuable tool just that people abuse it.
    Honestly I think for most pubic figures, the risk outweights the reward UNLESS you're maybe using some sort of filter.

Prior to social media, celebrities had PR people who would help control the message and the image of the person. Now with social media, anyone can instantly post any random thought they have in their head for the whole world to see... and once you do, you can't take it back.

Honestly I do think 9 times out of 10 most public figures are better off staying off social media UNLESS they have a filter in place to really screen them.

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    Eh. I just joined twitter either last year or 2016. I rarely use it and when I do it's to promote my indie comics or other creators' books I've supported. It's not rocket science. No one had to tell me to not wax poetic about rape and pedophilia.
    I mean seriously lol.

Y'all on here acting like he had an unpopular opinion on something lol.

Or acting like he told one bad dirty joke...
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html