Page 97 of 172 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101107147 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 2577
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Disney does.
    It doesn't really seem like Disney as a whole wanted to fire Gunn. Just this one dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Do you think if Disney asked him to return that he wouldn't?
    Not the issue.

They gave the "Why". He said that he understood and accepted the "Why".

Far as I've seen, the company hasn't said anything like "That is who Gunn will always be, and he is beyond redemption."

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Not the issue.

They gave the "Why". He said that he understood and accepted the "Why".

Far as I've seen, the company hasn't said anything like "That is who Gunn will always be, and he is beyond redemption."
    So are we in agreement that Disney hiring Gunn back would be the right thing to do?

BANNED

So are we in agreement that Disney hiring Gunn back would be the right thing to do?
    No it wouldn't be. You don't enable people like that in the #MeToo age. You need to set an example.

You are the only person talking in terms of "Right".

I don't buy into that it has anything to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    No it wouldn't be. You don't enable people like that in the #MeToo age. You need to set an example.
    #Metoo and dark humour jokes are two different things.
    Snowflakes melt in flame wars.

They literally told people to stop working and look for other jobs.
    Yes people work to get ready for production but there aren't sets and locations already in place like JL and Ant-Man which would cost money to stop. Right now it's better to find the right person over pushing ahead before they got too deep into production.

In this instance, the easy solution is also the right solution.
    Point being it's clearly not the right decision for Disney since they had an opportunity to rehire him despite the backlash and chose not to.

Ultimately they do gave the right to hire whoever they want for their movie, so it's not like there's any sort of legal or idealogical higher imperative they are obligated to follow. They simply have to make the decision that works best for them. Since they doubled down on not hiring, they obviously still feel all things considered this is the right call for them.

Right or wrong, the example bring set by Gunn probably is necessary. Most celebrities need to learn that what you say on social media can return to bite you in the behind. It's all just fun and games until someone gets fired.

Now that people see there can be real consequences hopefully more people will put a bit more thought into what random though they want to share with the world before they hit send.

Astonishing Member

I'm just saying this is already costing Disney millions of dollars and makes them look like a bunch of amateurs.
    No, more like a petrified disloyal company who is going to crumble under people who scheme against them. Someone copied Baron Zemo and won.

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    No, more like a petrified disloyal company who is going to crumble under people who scheme against them. Someone copied Baron Zemo and won.
    Hollywood and Corporations are loyal as long as you can make money and not seen as a liability. Also I loved the Guardians films and feel bad for Gunn but this will not "Crumble" Disney it's barely a ripple.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Yes people work to get ready for production but there aren't sets and locations already in place like JL and Ant-Man which would cost money to stop. Right now it's better to find the right person over pushing ahead before they got too deep into production.
    This has already cost Disney millions of dollars.

To say nothing about what this does to the actors schedules. (So if you thought the cast was unhappy before...)

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    You are the only person talking in terms of "Right".

I don't buy into that it has anything to do with it.
    I know they aren't hiring Gunn back. I frankly don't care about anything else about this movie. Disney let a smear campaign from a convicted rapist and conspiracy nut effect them.

This isn't #Metoo.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Point being it's clearly not the right decision for Disney since they had an opportunity to rehire him despite the backlash and chose not to.

Ultimately they do gave the right to hire whoever they want for their movie, so it's not like there's any sort of legal or idealogical higher imperative they are obligated to follow. They simply have to make the decision that works best for them. Since they doubled down on not hiring, they obviously still feel all things considered this is the right call for them.
    This is all about Alan Horn's ego at this point. What would you say if Disney were to wait for Horn to retire (which he is supposed to do in a few months) and then rehires Gunn after he leaves?
    Last edited by Kevinroc; 08-25-2018 at 09:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Right or wrong, the example bring set by Gunn probably is necessary. Most celebrities need to learn that what you say on social media can return to bite you in the behind. It's all just fun and games until someone gets fired.
    The tweets were in line with the type of work he was producing back then. No one who gets their start at Troma and continues with the kind of shock work he did is sitting around thinking, "what if I one day get a job at Disney".

It's essentially firing him for his resume.

This argument can also be applied to expressing political opinions. While I do wish people would more respectfully present their opinions online, the idea that the "wrong" political ideas could lead to this same kind of scenario is troubling.

This kind of nonsense may never go away - and it's sadly probably good advice to self-censor - but we should always and everywhere oppose this garbage.

This has already cost Disney millions of dollars.

To say nothing about what this does to the actors schedules. (So if you thought the cast was unhappy before...)

I know they aren't hiring Gunn back. I frankly don't care about anything else about this movie. Disney let a smear campaign from a convicted rapist and conspiracy nut effect them.

This isn't #Metoo.

This is all about Alan Horn's ego at this point. What would you say if Disney were to wait for Horn to retire (which he is supposed to do in a few months) and then rehires Gunn after he leaves?
    It would had cost more millions to go ahead without the right director to replace Gunn. Also the only cast member to make a stink is Bautista the rest have shown support for a Gunn but not any direct attacks at Disney. Also I don't care if the cast is happy they're making millions show up do their jobs and be thankful they have such charmed lives.

Last honestly at this point Gunn has accepted Disney's decision it looks like his script will be used so he'll get credit and a pay check so as of now the Gunn "Supporters" are doing more to harm his career than Disney by not allowing him to move on and keeping his name in the news cycle connected to the word Pedophilia which is never good.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    It would had cost more millions to go ahead without the right director to replace Gunn. Also the only cast member to make a stink is Bautista the rest have shown support for a Gunn but not any direct attacks at Disney. Also I don't care if the cast is happy they're making millions show up do their jobs and be thankful they have such charmed lives.

Last honestly at this point Gunn has accepted Disney's decision it looks like his script will be used so he'll get credit and a pay check so as of now the Gunn "Supporters" are doing more to harm his career than Disney by not allowing him to move on and keeping his name in the news cycle connected to the word Pedophilia which is never good.
    Disney's doing a damn good job destroying Guardians 3 on their own. Who could have known letting a convicted rapist conspiracy nut's smear campaign effect their business decisions would turn out bad for them?