Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I really like the new/movie costume, though! And I think Wondy's never been more popular, so why change her look?
    Besides, WW's classic costumes make her look like an American patriot, which of course she isn't, since she's not American at all (I imagine that's a legacy of her debut being during World War Two).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

Easily Batman’s best look. Very ‘Year One’, and that’s NEVER a bad thing.

670511D4-B66F-491B-AE8D-962831C7CF7D.jpg
    "The more 'realistic' superheroes become the less believable they are." - David Mazzucchelli

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I really like the new/movie costume, though! And I think Wondy's never been more popular, so why change her look?
    Well, I don't think there was any pressing need for Superman and Batman to go back to their old costumes (aside from their old school books reaching #1000), but here we are...

I'm not a fan of the Trunks but on the upside it reminds me of Dickbats' run so I can pretend it's Grayson behind the cowl.

It is going backwards but it is not like a large group of new readers are coming and being turn off by the silly shorts and not picking up books.

And DC is tied a little closer to nostalgia than Marvel so I get it but I think going back to them is silly especially when they have to be around modern heroes and villains.

Come on DC, old =/= best. The original costume is fine but I don't care for replacing new for old. It's not like imma stop reading or anything but I'm not a fan of this move.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maxpower00044 View Post

Amen to that!

That said, I did like the New 52 suit. I felt it was a great update on the Year One outfit. I didn't care much for the Rebirth suit though. It seemed like they wanted to have their cake and eat it too with the weird 'yellow outline around the bat symbol' thing. Not that its a bad suit per se...but I just felt they were trying too much with it, if you know what I mean!

Urgh, more nostalgia wanking... The trunks don't bother me as much for Batman than for SUperman, but he looks way better without them. I would have traded the Rebirth bat-symbol for the oval however.

Astonishing Member

I don't see why everyone is upset with the trunks. For goodness sake, the outfit was around decades before most of us and will be around long after we are gone. Why not ditch the capes and belts as well? The costumes may have been inspired by circus attire, but they serve a purpose design wise. Because they help break a costume up. Plus it looks more striking to have those elements.

Batman can work either way. Superman, on the other hand, definitely looks better with the trunks being back. People will say, "You can't take Superman seriously with the trunks." But look at it this way, with how smart and powerful Superman is, the fact he chooses to wear the trunks shows he doesn't really care what people think. If that was me, I'd wear pretty much what I want as well.

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

I can only assume that during his current substitute stint, Dick Grayson ends up somehow damaging the Rebirth Suit beyond repair and Bruce is forced to dig through the old costumes.

Later Bruce's trunks end up catching fire and it turns out the trunks are made of a special flammable material that the rest of the suit isn't so that is where the Doomsday Clock suit comes from.

Not to big on the trunks, but not a huge deal. Kinda pointless, since we all know he has yet another costume in doomsday clock.
    New 52 still remains my fave suit.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Cool beans! Glad to see the trunks back for Bats!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Maxpower00044 View Post

Has a very noir feel to it, so hopefully this means a return to more grounded detective stories for Bruce and less Batgod.
    When you crush an ant beneath your foot, do feel remorse? No. Is this because you are evil or because you recognize yourself as a higher form of life? This is what the Wizard could not understand. If I have the powers of the gods, then am I not a god myself? Should I not be treated as such?

The trunks are ridiculous, always have been, but I still love them.

Are we finally going away from Lee's weak designs?