Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    Snyder got me into comics. Gave us/me Duke who is my favorite new character (even though they refuse to do anything with him), . . .
    If only we still had We Are Robin.

One of those books I thought I'd hate but wound up really enjoying!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I just have to think...wasn't DC Metal enough ?
    I thought the same.. He said that the Dark Knights of Metal will return in SDCC..

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

Comic Fans: I love continuity for its cohesive universes where everything is lined up and makes sense.

Also comic book fans: ugh. Another company wide cross over where everything cohesive, lines up, and makes sense?!
    "The more 'realistic' superheroes become the less believable they are." - David Mazzucchelli

Quote Originally Posted by Maxpower00044 View Post
    . . . Also comic book fans: ugh. Another company wide cross over where everything cohesive, lines up, and makes sense?!
    How often do "company-wide crossovers" wind up being "cohesive" and "making sense"?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    How often do "company-wide crossovers" wind up being "cohesive" and "making sense"?
    Heh, fair point. I'd say the appeal of events is that they typically let everyone get a turn in the spotlight, and can bring forgotten characters back into the mainstream. Metal starred the Carter Hall Hawkman and Keandra Saunders Hawkgirl even though it was primarily a Batman focused event. Lots of other characters got some focus too, like Detective Chimp.

Also I guess to the casual reader, events "matter" more.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    well it interrupts your series you kind have too
    A writer may have to write an issue or two connected to an event but readers don't actually have to buy them if they chose not to. I don't read events nor do I read crossovers when the majority of the books involved aren't already on my pull so whenever issues connected to either of those come up I just skip them and come back to the book after the event or crossover is over.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG