Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Great.........more pegasuses instead of the Invisible Jet. This is getting old....
    Or....just like in her original solo movie, maybe she can't fly and needs a Pegasus.

Spectacular Member

Pegasuses, broken pantheon.
    Just like the beginning of the 2009 animated film.

Quote Originally Posted by RepHope View Post
    They should have but they didn’t. DC has done a terrible job at capitalizing on both Flash and WW’s heightened popularity. But better late than never. They said they wouldn’t be copying Rebirth but personally I think they changed their minds and will be taking cues from there. I expect to see WW, Batman, and Supes get their Rebirth costumes eventually.

However I do not expect them to take directly from Rucka’s run. They could borrow aspects like Cale or Cheetah’s origin but I don’t expect a direct adaption of “The Lies”.
    They at one point did say Diana wasn’t going to get he new 52 movie after thrones was release. When you actually think about it, rebirth makes more sense. Unlike after Azz feel there are no more stories they can tell. Finches run was bad. Rebirth on the other hand leaves more stories to be told
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 08-08-2018 at 08:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Great.........more pegasuses instead of the Invisible Jet. This is getting old....
    Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    Or....just like in her original solo movie, maybe she can't fly and needs a Pegasus.
    They showed both in the original animated movie. Besides, it's just a cover, we don't even know what the story is yet.
    Richard Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    They at one point did say Diana wasn’t going to get he new 52 movie after thrones was release. When you actually think about it, rebirth makes more sense. Unlike after Azz feel there are no more stories they can tell. Finches run was bad. Rebirth on the other hand leaves more stories to be told
    I'm not sure what they could take from Rucka's run to be honest. They could adapt his Year One of course, but neither the Lies nor the Truth is applicable to the DCOAU. Those are basically Rucka retconning out the New 52 for the new continuity. I think you could make a loose adaption of Cale and Cheetah plotting to invade Themyscaria for their own benefit, Cale to save her daughter, Cheetah for power, or knowledge, or whatever.

They LAUGHED at my theory SteveGus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    The Chiang/Azzarello run, except for the Amazon sex pirate thing, ..will be perfect for animation.
    I still despise the comic book, but you're right: what would improve the Azzarello run first and foremost is the discipline of the eighty minute format.
    "At what point do we say, 'You're mucking with our myths'?" - Harlan Ellison

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by richalex View Post
    They showed both in the original animated movie. Besides, it's just a cover, we don't even know what the story is yet.

That's true. I'm just tired of people complaining about the Invisible Jet because Diana can fly who support Diana riding a winged horse.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by richalex View Post
    And we don't even know if that's Diana on the Pegasus.

I mean, how can anyone even tell? it could be Hippolyta or any other Amazon.

Definitely about time ... but better late than never (pardon the cliche)

I wouldn’t worry too much about the cover. Look at the other covers. What the hell does Reign’s cover tell you about the story itself? Or Hush? Nothing really. I don’t expect Bloodlines cover to be any different.

The cover looks...really underwhelming.

I really hope it's a sequel to the animated film rather than being part of the 52-esque canon, I can't stand that costume and the original film had such a great voice acting cast.
    Snowflakes melt in flame wars.

Chances are overwhelmingly high its going to be connected to current canon and have nothing to do with the original film. They could always change up her costume though, who knows. The order of the day is syncing current canon up to what's going on in the comics though, hence it looking like the New 52 when it started since New 52 was current. Now that Rebirth is current, I wouldn't be surprised to see aesthetics and status quos start to change to be more in line with that. Its already started with DoS.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 08-28-2018 at 01:01 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Dc in the animated movies are only doing new 52 right. Batman and the JL are all new 52. It doesn’t seem to be a end in sight

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Dc in the animated movies are only doing new 52 right. Batman and the JL are all new 52. It doesn’t seem to be a end in sight
    Nah, they have also been doing one offs too like Batman 66, Gotham By Gaslight, Batman & Harley Quinn, Killing Joke etc actually I can't think of any non-52 movies that weren't Batman related besides Gods & Monsters.
    Snowflakes melt in flame wars.