Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member Amazon Swordsman's Avatar

Honestly, I wouldn’t mind a chazzarello style animated movie. I’m hoping that it’d be like a one-time thing. Self-contained, not really something to build off of, an else world essentially.

Spectacular Member

I can see first born is coming
    Sad

Why new 52. Dc’s animation is all about new 52 . They said they wouldn’t do a Wonder Woman new 52 animated movie. Let’s hope they stick to that

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

In fairness, we don't know it'll be a New 52 storyline. Yes, there was a New 52 storyline called "Bloodlines," but that may just be a coincidence.

I mean, if the movie was going to be about that story, you'd think the article would've mentioned it, instead of just saying "Nothing is known about this movie."
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Ad adaptation of the Azzarello run, minus hopefully his version of the Amazons, would be ok with me. It wouldn't be my first choice and they will probably overdo it with the Zeus parentage, but I'd give it a shot.

Considering how Jason flopped, I doubt they'd be stupid enough to pour money into an animated film featuring him, but I guess you never know...

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    In fairness, we don't know it'll be a New 52 storyline. Yes, there was a New 52 storyline called "Bloodlines," but that may just be a coincidence.

I mean, if the movie was going to be about that story, you'd think the article would've mentioned it, instead of just saying "Nothing is known about this movie."
    Maybe a rebirth story?
    Then it will be the first time for animation
    New custom, new universe
    That's why they want to keep secret right now

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Amazon Swordsman View Post
    Honestly, I wouldn’t mind a chazzarello style animated movie. I’m hoping that it’d be like a one-time thing. Self-contained, not really something to build off of, an else world essentially.
    We already had an n52 animated universe
    If this one is from n52 then it must be within that universe

Well they stated back Diana wouldn’t be getting her own New 53 but things. Can change. Also why not have it be rebirth storyline? I mean they have announced all the other ones being in the same universe. Money wise new 52 hasn’t done has well

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

If this film heavily features the Olympians, the First Born, or Jason, I'll pass. We already got Ares in the last movie. Time for one of Diana's non-deity rogues.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

If it is indeed dealing with Zeus stuff, I prefer the movie goes with Azzarello instead of Rebirth. Cause if it's something in Rebirth related to Zeus, we're getting Robinson.

Finally !!!

I am good as long as there's no Jason or too much emphasize on her dad.

Incredible Member Amazon Swordsman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hkgkindaichi View Post
    We already had an n52 animated universe
    If this one is from n52 then it must be within that universe
    I was talking about a new 52 WW specific movie. And I can see them focusing a lot on Zeus.

It'll probably be a Zeus story, sadly. I just hope it has a more Rebirth WW feel rather than a New 52 one. And dear god no Jason.

Incredible Member

I'm extremely excited for this news. I assumed they would plan something for 2019 because last year around the release of her live action film, my local Target and Best Buy prominently displayed the Wonder Woman Commemorative Edition film the entire week of release and both still gave the film easily visible displays weeks after release of the movie. I assumed they sold well, and that WB/DC wants to replay this strategy for WW84 next year.

I'm of two minds of the Bloodlines film. I'm not sure if I want it set in the animated 52 universe or not. On one hand, I hate the characterization of of that universe's Wonder Woman, dislike her costume, her hair, and her overly aggressive attitude and reliance on the sword. I'm also not fond of her voice actress. I would like a stand alone that could drastically change this - in my humble opinion - poor depiction of Wonder Woman. Also, I don't particularly like how the public treats Wonder Woman in this verse. I believe it is in Justice League War where we see civilians protesting against Wonder Woman, and I vaguely remember one man calling her a "whore" as she crosses the street. This is also the move where she sticks her sword at the man unfortunate to be serving her ice cream. I say all this to say that the new 52 animated films have not done Wonder Woman justice...at all.

On the other hand, we know very little about the animated 52 version of Wonder Woman. We know she dated Clark/Superman and we know she battled Circe (this is mentioned in Justice League Dark). Beside from that she's a pretty blank slate. If they are going to continue with this animated 52 universe, maybe setting the movie within the universe can give Wonder Woman some much needed backstory and help to drastically change her attitude and introduce more of her Wonderverse into the animated films. (Donna Troy was just added to the Teen Titans in this universe for example).

As for the movie, itself, Bloodlines makes me think the film will be about her relationship with Zeus and the Olympians. This suggests either Ares or First Born will be her villain. I hope I am wrong, as I would love to see more of her rogues get more media exposure. I'm also concerned because a Mt. Olympus story would make it more difficult to give Steve Trevor and Etta Candy any significant place in the story. Hopefully, we'll learn more about this film soon.
    Last edited by PopQuezy; 07-21-2018 at 10:07 AM.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

If we get god material in this movie I would prefer the new 52 continuity.