Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    The more I think of it, I don't think this will be a direct(or even very close) adaption of Azzarello's run as DC seems to have retconned a good chunk of it away(the mud-hut baby-trading Amazons, Diana living in London, Diana being the God of War, etc.) so perhaps Zeus origin will be the focus of the movie but no Zola, Zeke, or Lennox but instead we'll see Steve, Etta, Artemis, and a noble, brunette Hippolyta.
    Those movies have their own continuity though.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

From War to Teen Titans are in the same universe. We have to wai and see. I wonder when the trailer will drop. If they keep their promise no new 52 for Diana m. All of the new 52 recently have been group movies. There will be another JL Movie
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 07-22-2018 at 11:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Awonder View Post
    Thanks for the heads-up.

The WW fan in me: Yay, more WW!

The cynic in me: "Bloodlines"? Oh, ####, more Zeus and Jason crap.
    This.

I suspect it will be more of that litany.

Zeus-dad? Probably. Jason? Probably not. The former was highly successful and became part of the origin for the character's first ever feature film. The latter? Not so much. He was utilized in a much-maligned run and might not even be in the comics ever again.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

How do most fans feel about Jason? I hope if this does well we finally get a sequel for the 2009s movie. If it's possible you think we might get an animated series for Diana or at least a mini-series?

Most fans seem to despise him. Me personally, I still like the concept, but even I can admit that it was executed so horrendously that its not easy to imagine it being saved.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

I agree to I mean he turned evil quickly and was redeemed to easily. I honestly would have rather Jason be raised on the Island. Hippolyta was never scared to stand up to the gods. I mean if she is able to make contact with the outside world. I would have rather it be Jason the one who leaves to the Island with Grail. He trained with Darkseid and Grail. Darkseid becomes his father.

Jason isn't coming back unless Johns himself tries to rescue him from the trash heap.

Quote Originally Posted by RepHope View Post
    Jason isn't coming back unless Johns himself tries to rescue him from the trash heap.
    He has decent odds of popping back up in twenty or so years with a new origin. Though whether hes a hero or a villain at that point is anyones guess

I was hoping they do a movie based on the Superman/Wonder Woman run with Charles Soule.

Tbh i liked Rucka's year one in Rebirth and wouldn't mind seeing that adapted first. I just feel it did a better job setting up Diana's "world" while Azzarello's did. Azzarello's might work like a sequel or a future season opener.

Azz’s story shouldn’t be with his Amazons through

Expect for Azz’s amazons. I don’t think most people like them

Mixed emotions here.

On the one hand, I'm glad Diana is getting another animated movie and I want it to be successful so they make more.

But I have zero interest in seeing a story that revolves around Zeus or an adaptation of Azzarello's run on the title. I hate the Zeus/father thing and Azzarello's run made me give up reading Wonder Woman until Rebirth.

https://media.giphy.com/media/12yEClRpygjFqE/giphy.gif

Maybe it has nothing to do with her family lineage, maybe bloodlines refers to a Cheetah-centric story, given her thirst for blood and its centrality to her origin. Just a guess, it would have more synchronicity with the movie.

well, if we're speculating wildly.... Maybe it'll be Diana and her little sister Cassandra making life miserable for frost giants?