Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Curious to know how they're going to truncate a 12 issue story into 70 minutes of movie.

I'm also going to assume they won't have the cool Alan Scott flashbacks.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by Mace Dolex View Post
    Curious to know how they're going to truncate a 12 issue story into 70 minutes of movie.
    Reign of the Supermen was 3 minutes shy of an hour & a half, and I think Death of Superman was close to that as well. They seem to not be bothered with keeping to the original 70-72 minute runtimes anymore so I wouldn't be surprised to see this hit the 90 minute mark.

Of course, a ton of the comic was fluff and can be cut out anyway, so maybe truncating it will improve the flow. Not sure this movie needs the scenes with Harold, or the Bruce/Tommy flashback with Alan Scott, and I'd bet the ending with Riddler is removed.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    Of course, a ton of the comic was fluff and can be cut out anyway, so maybe truncating it will improve the flow. Not sure this movie needs the scenes with Harold, or the Bruce/Tommy flashback with Alan Scott, and I'd bet the ending with Riddler is removed.
    Riddler's in it to begin with, so they might keep that bit otherwise his appearance would be pointless or just "fluff."

Wonder how they'll **** over Dick in this Nu52 movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    Reign of the Supermen was 3 minutes shy of an hour & a half, and I think Death of Superman was close to that as well. They seem to not be bothered with keeping to the original 70-72 minute runtimes anymore so I wouldn't be surprised to see this hit the 90 minute mark.

There's not a whole lot of actual plot in the original Hush, a lot of stuff is just repetition or red herrings leading up to the big reveal and will probably be excised and replaced. I'm wondering if they'll keep Tommy Elliott's role unchanged, considering how obvious he would be as the culprit (even if there's a twist beyond that as well) in a 90 minute movie rather than a 12 issue comic book series. He's nowhere to be se in the trailer.
    Last edited by TheNewFiftyForum; 05-18-2019 at 08:39 AM.
    As of now:
    All-Star Batman, Batman, Doom Patrol, The Flash, The Fix, The Flintstones, Green Valley, Hadrian's Wall, The Hellblazer, Moonshine, New Super-Man, Suicide Squad, Superman, 'Tec, Unfollow

Quote Originally Posted by BloodOps View Post
    Wonder how they'll **** over Dick in this Nu52 movie.
    Honestly seems like he's going to get more to do here. I think they might combine his role in the comic with Tim's.

First look at Batgirl:

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    First look at Batgirl:

This is the first appearance of her correct in the animated universe but Im hoping for Red Hood to appear as well
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    This is the first appearance of her correct in the animated universe but Im hoping for Red Hood to appear as well
    She appeared at the end of Bad Blood.

Cool

I'm so excited I can hardly wait. Batman animated movies are always top notch and Hush is arguably the best Batman story of the last twenty years, a winning formula.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    First look at Batgirl:

she is in Hush...... Dick and Babs in the same DCU movie

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    she is in Hush...... Dick and Babs in the same DCU movie
    I wonder how they're going to handle that. Dick is with Starfire, but will their be any history between him and Babs here?

I also wouldn't be surprised if Barbara might be younger then him in this continuity.

Extraordinary Member

I actually kind of think Batgirl might be taking over Huntress's role.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    I actually kind of think Batgirl might be taking over Huntress's role.
    I've been thinking the same thing.