Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

Default Batman: Hush is Getting an Animated Movie

https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2018/0...animated-movie

The third movie for 2019, Batman: Hush will release in summer, and will follow the two-part Death of Superman/Reign of the Supermen as the latest animated movie based on an acclaimed DC comic storyline. While this year’s Batman: Gotham by Gaslight was arguably the last Batman-centered DC Universe Movie, it’s an “Elseworlds” tale featuring a Victorian Era Dark Knight. Hush will find the series returning to the present day and set in a much more familiar Gotham City. The comic storyline featured popular Bat baddies like Poison Ivy, Ra’s al Ghul and the Joker, but it’s also well known for introducing the villain it’s named after—the bandage-faced Hush. While a child version of the character has made a couple of appearances on Gotham and Hush has appeared in video games like the Arkham and LEGO Batman titles, he’s never before appeared in a DC Universe Movie.
    Out of all the Robins, Jason Todd is my favourite

Shocked it took them this long honestly.

Extraordinary Member

Featuring Harley Quinn
    which makes it a perfect story for DC to fund

As long as it's not apart of the current animated universe and has minimal to no Harley I will be ecstatic for this.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    As long as it's not apart of the current animated universe and has minimal to no Harley I will be ecstatic for this.
    You know very well it has a 99.9% chance of being in the current animated universe. Sure they always do one movie a year outside that universe, but next year's will probably be the Wonder Woman title (best guess since Bloodlines isn't the title of a WW story best I know).

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    You know very well it has a 99.9% chance of being in the current animated universe. Sure they always do one movie a year outside that universe, but next year's will probably be the Wonder Woman title (best guess since Bloodlines isn't the title of a WW story best I know).
    Oh I know and it probably is which will suck. None of the current voice cast feels like their characters and the universe feels so soulless.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

I think there's actually a good chance this will end up beign standalone, if only because I know Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill have expressed interest in a Hush adaption and I doubt all 4 films next year are going to be in-continuity.
    Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Oh I know and it probably is which will suck. None of the current voice cast feels like their characters and the universe feels so soulless.
    O'Mara and Maher have grown on me as Bruce and Dick. Stuart Allan has literally grown as Robin .

I also though Yvonne Strahovski was great as Batwoman. Both of Alfred's VA's were solid too (and had voiced him before to boot) .

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    The nuDCAU has had movies with names that don't match the storylines they use. See Batman vs. Robin or Batman: Bad Blood

BANNED

I'd rather buy "Hush" than "Death of Superman"--too sad for me.

So how will they mess this one up?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by geomon View Post
    By putting Tim Drake in it.

Quote Originally Posted by RepHope View Post
    The nuDCAU has had movies with names that don't match the storylines they use. See Batman vs. Robin or Batman: Bad Blood
    True. But I still feel like this'll be in the Nu52-DCAU.

Quote Originally Posted by geomon View Post
    52 it.

Astonishing Member

Hush is one of the earliest Batman comic stories I read, so I'm hugely excited that its finally getting an adaptation. Though I'd always hoped it would serve as the basis for a live-action film.

As far as the continuity goes...well, there's no real reason why it can't be in the 'New 52' canon, but there would definitely have to be a few changes in that case. We'd have Damian instead of Tim, and I'm not sure whether Talia would be involved or not (doesn't she die at the end of 'Batman: Bad Blood'?) But some changes would have to be made in any case, to compress the story into 75 minutes, if nothing else.

Personally though, I'd love to see it as a standalone, with Conroy back as Batman, and with a look and feel that matches the original artwork.

Extraordinary Member

I think plot wise the biggest difficulty is what to do with Jasons and Harold.
    Harold as afaik never appeared out of comics and is therefore nor know by the general audience and Jason does afaik not exist in the new animated continuity.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    I think plot wise the biggest difficulty is what to do with Jasons and Harold.
    Harold as afaik never appeared out of comics and is therefore nor know by the general audience and Jason does afaik not exist in the new animated continuity.
    As an adaptation it will see changes regardless of continuity. Somethings will be trimmed out altogether for being non essential while things like fights will be expanded more for the entertainment factor. Jason's role is essential so he will be there regardless of continuity but Harold is not essential, neither is Riddler to be frank.