Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Totoro Man View Post
    Loeb did the same thing in "Dark Victory": he set up Two Face as the ultimate villain and gave us another. the problem there was that the set-up for Two Face made sense based on the first book AND had a plausible motivation. revealing him to be the ultimate villain would have been more satisfying and sensible even if it wasn't a surprise. it would have made more sense than the practically full-blown retcon, in-your-face switcheroo we got in the comic. Loeb was so determined to "outsmart" his readers he neglected pretty basic story-telling craft; "SURPRISE! I GOTCHA!" was more important to him. you could see it some of the letters columns where it almost looks like he went back and rewrote some things (in TLH and DV) to ensure that nobody could/would guess who the killer really was.

with Hush it was the same terrible mistakes we saw in "Dark Victory" cranked up to 11. I only read it because somebody loaned me a free copy - and it was stupid beyond my wildest expectations. and, having read "Dark Victory", those expectations of shamefully stupid were... pretty high.
    I actually enjoyed DV's twist as it played up the tragedy of the Falcones. Hush OTOH was just an excuse to trot out the Rogues Gallery in glossy new Jim Lee depictions and on the backs of TLH/DV's goodwill.

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Looking forward to this adaption but don't have high hopes for it being more than meh. A sequel adapting Dini's Heart of Hush and actually involving Dini in an animated movie again would make me happy, though.
    Oh yeah, HoH is definitely a superior story. Also, that one storyline in Gotham Knights where Tommy was lovesick for Ivy was the only time I found him to be anywhere near interesting. Would've been better if they had found a way to combine the two. If this one's a success, then maybe a sequel?

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Featuring Harley Quinn
    which makes it a perfect story for DC to fund
    Harley Quinn is about to become one of the most hated characters if DC does not stop using her when not necessary.

Another cliche Batman story to animate. Are they just going down the "top 10 Batman stories voted by casual readers" list or what?

Quote Originally Posted by LifeIsILL View Post
    Another cliche Batman story to animate. Are they just going down the "top 10 Batman stories voted by casual readers" list or what?
    Probably, do you really expect them to adapt relatively unknown and less financially successful stories? Why?

Spectacular Member AzraelOnline's Avatar

I'm hoping that DC doesn't screw this one up and put it into the current continuity like they did with Death of Superman. Hush is a long story and DC has a chance to do like they did with Under the Red Hood and change the story enough to actually make it more better, and more palatable than the original story. The thing that irked me about the Death of Superman movie was, not just the main continuity, but pretty much all of the voice actors were terrible. They really nailed it with Under the Red Hood. Everyone, Batman, Nightwing, especially Jason and Joker, were just killer. They need to bring back Jensen Ackles for this and keep Damien out of it.
    Azrael Online - The Source for all things Azrael

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AzraelOnline View Post
    I'm hoping that DC doesn't screw this one up and put it into the current continuity like they did with Death of Superman. Hush is a long story and DC has a chance to do like they did with Under the Red Hood and change the story enough to actually make it more better, and more palatable than the original story. The thing that irked me about the Death of Superman movie was, not just the main continuity, but pretty much all of the voice actors were terrible. They really nailed it with Under the Red Hood. Everyone, Batman, Nightwing, especially Jason and Joker, were just killer. They need to bring back Jensen Ackles for this and keep Damien out of it.
    That said, I think Hush is one story that can easily fit into the New 52 continuity as well - especially if they trim some of the fat.

They can easily have Damien make an appearance, or skip having a Robin altogether, and give Nightwing a more significant role.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Oh yeah, HoH is definitely a superior story. Also, that one storyline in Gotham Knights where Tommy was lovesick for Ivy was the only time I found him to be anywhere near interesting. Would've been better if they had found a way to combine the two. If this one's a success, then maybe a sequel?
    I even think that HoH could, with a few tweaks, work just as well as an introduction to Hush as a character and concept than the original story. The only thing missing is the mystery aspect, and that's hardly the strongest point of Hush anyway.
    As of now:
    All-Star Batman, Batman, Doom Patrol, The Flash, The Fix, The Flintstones, Green Valley, Hadrian's Wall, The Hellblazer, Moonshine, New Super-Man, Suicide Squad, Superman, 'Tec, Unfollow

Quote Originally Posted by AzraelOnline View Post
    Eh, mostly agreed except I wasn't happy with Neil Patrick Harris as Nightwing (loved his Flash in New Frontier though). And I really didn't care one way or the other about the Death of Superman being in the current continuity. Agreed on the voices though, especially for Lois and Lex.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Probably, do you really expect them to adapt relatively unknown and less financially successful stories? Why?
    They did Gotham by Gaslight, and Batman Ninja

They did Gotham by Gaslight, and Batman Ninja
    Gotham by Gaslight isn't obscure or unsuccessful, and was so popular it launched the whole Elseworld trend back then. Batman Ninja is an original story which they still do (Gods and Monsters, Batman and Harley Quinn, both Suicide Squad movies), and an anime (anime is still popular, yes). So yeah, adaptations of obscure and unsuccessful stories won't happen. If the comic didn't do well, it won't be a movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Batman Ninja is an original story which they still do (Gods and Monsters, Batman and Harley Quinn, both Suicide Squad movies),.

I wouldn't say the 2nd Suicide Squad was original, they lifted it from Secret Six with a bit of tweaking.
    Snowflakes melt in flame wars.

THANKS for the information. I am less familiar with him than others.

Spectacular Member

I hope they don't edit tim drake out of this one like they have with most other animated movies. Even a line of dialogue explaining where he is would be some thing. People don't just disappear..

Extraordinary Member

it has Harley quinn so it cant flop