Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

spoilers:
    no red hood although Joker kinda ask whos robin now. no batgirl and nightwing romance since she is so much younger than him
    end of spoilers
    movie was good
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    I just got done watching Hush.
    It's my favorite Batman animated movie for the BatCat romance alone!
    Selina Kyle/Catwoman was great in this movie.
    Jennifer Morrison really nailed the voice acting for her!
    I loved just how much it explored their relationship, especially as Bruce and Selina. My biggest gripe on the comic was that a lot of thier personal relationship development was off panel. That said, I wasn't as much a fan of the changes to the Hush mystery in the film.

Mighty Member

I liked the film. Is it one of the best? Not really, but I will say that it is one of the better ones. I
    spoilers:
    I was watching Elliot every time he showed up on the screen wondering how they would have made his motivation less...stupid. I can't say that I was a fan of the Hush reveal though as I think it ruined a character.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Man, a lot happened off-screen .

I forget what the timeline is supposed to be but I think it might be two or three years since Bad Blood.
    I was so excited for this film because I knew Batgirlwas going to be in it.
    But after watching this movie I was disappointed.
    Batgirl is in it for maybe 2 minutes and that is all.
    What annoyed me is that in Bad Blood Batgirl makes her 2 seconds cameo and then in this movie which is meant to be a continuation from Bad Blood in a way, Batgirl knows Batman's identity and she knows where the Batcave is.
    Would have been nice to see what happened offscreen from Bad Blood until now.
    Batgirl needed more screen time and we definitely needed to see everything we missed like her debut, her introduction to The Batfamily, her being told Batmans secret identity and so much more.
    Ive been waiting over 3 years for Batgirls story to finally continue or should i say begin but her entire story was skipped.
    Also i would prefer her in her new 52 armored costume like the rest of the Batfam and not her Burnside costume.

Meh....

spoilers:
    The complete elimination of Jason from the story and what they did with Thomas made this seem kind of pointless to me. The Batman Catwoman storyline is all that's left. Maybe they are building up to animate the wedding storyline.
    end of spoilers
    Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah!

Generic condescending passive aggressive elitist statement.

Incredible Member

I watched it last night. I did not like how they butchered the whole end of the Hush story.

But I did enjoy all the Batman/Catwoman romance. There was so much of it! More than in the comic even. It seemed to be mostly about that, so I also wonder if they're intending to follow up in the future with the wedding story or something.

Quote Originally Posted by lilyrose View Post
    I watched it last night. I did not like how they butchered the whole end of the Hush story.

But I did enjoy all the Batman/Catwoman romance. There was so much of it! More than in the comic even. It seemed to be mostly about that, so I also wonder if they're intending to follow up in the future with the wedding story or something.
    Yeah, of all the changes they made the Batwoman/Catwoman was the best part, I really enjoyed that. I kind of hope they revisit that in future movies and have Batman try to get her back.

If you set aside what you remember about the original Hush story and just enjoy the movie it's actually not bad, it does make a fair number of changes so if you are purist for the original story you probably won't like the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Yeah, of all the changes they made the Batwoman/Catwoman was the best part, I really enjoyed that. I kind of hope they revisit that in future movies and have Batman try to get her back.

If you set aside what you remember about the original Hush story and just enjoy the movie it's actually not bad, it does make a fair number of changes so if you are purist for the original story you probably won't like the movie.
    I agree that it's enjoyable enough on it's own. I understand why they made the changes they did. Well, I understand why they didn't refer to Jason, since it doesn't fit in with where they are in this Animated Universe. Unfortunately, the thought that it might be Jason after all that time was one of the best and most thrilling parts about the story, so the exclusion is a big let down.

The villain reveal was just ridiculous and unnecessary. I guess they did it for simplicity's sake, but it really could have been better had they not made that change.

It was fun to see Batman and Catwoman working together, and Dick steals the movie. The one little gruff from Titus was perfect. So many good things about such a disappointing film.

As much as I liked it, it's not one I need to see more than once.

Quote Originally Posted by ispacehead View Post
    I agree that it's enjoyable enough on it's own. I understand why they made the changes they did. Well, I understand why they didn't refer to Jason, since it doesn't fit in with where they are in this Animated Universe. Unfortunately, the thought that it might be Jason after all that time was one of the best and most thrilling parts about the story, so the exclusion is a big let down.

The villain reveal was just ridiculous and unnecessary. I guess they did it for simplicity's sake, but it really could have been better had they not made that change.

It was fun to see Batman and Catwoman working together, and Dick steals the movie. The one little gruff from Titus was perfect. So many good things about such a disappointing film.

As much as I liked it, it's not one I need to see more than once.
    Yeah, actually Dick got really good banter with both Bruce and Selina in the movie, that was one of the better parts too.

I think they changed who Hush was to make it a little bit of a mystery for even people who had read the comic. So everyone wouldn't know Hush's identity even the people who had read the comic.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I think they changed who Hush was to make it a little bit of a mystery for even people who had read the comic. So everyone wouldn't know Hush's identity even the people who had read the comic.
    Maybe. They probably just did it to keep it less complicated trying to explain Tommy's motivations. It would require some back story and seems a little petty when you think about it. Despite his dubious backstory, I did enjoy the character.

Riddler just makes it easier and less time consuming on top of that.

Kind of a bummer.

It was entertaining...lot of good stuff but not memorable.....the animation could be more fluid for me. Catwoman stole the show.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    It was entertaining...lot of good stuff but not memorable.....the animation could be more fluid for me. Catwoman stole the show.
    I thought so too, Selina was awesome. Dick is a close second especially with the way he keeps pestering Bruce about Selina.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    spoilers:
    no red hood although Joker kinda ask whos robin now. no batgirl and nightwing romance since she is so much younger than him
    end of spoilers
    movie was good
    We dont know how old she is?she usualy becomes batgirl after he put on a mask but is still older then him

Fantastic Member

Even though the movie was not good as hush it actually made the romantic aspect between batman and catwoman more believable than in the comics whether it is hush or what tom king is currently writing. The only way the romance works is if catwoman chooses to no longer be a thief. Here she chose that lifestyle over being with bruce this makes sense to me. She eiher becomes a crime fighter full time or nuetral on that issue and have a relationship with bruce. Or she remains being a thief and that romantic relationship stops. She can not be a thief or villianess at the same time being batmans romantic interest most people do not understand that. But at least the people who made this animated movie gets it unlike most people who either writes the comics or fans. You either want the bat/cat romance be fullly realized or have selina remain a thief who is somewhat villanious at times you can not have both. Tom King and a certain segment on the reading population seem not to grasp that
    Last edited by nonsense man; 07-27-2019 at 04:12 PM.

Astonishing Member

Its far from the best animated movie, but Hush was pretty enjoyable. The story was one of the first Batman arcs I actively followed as a kid, and probably served as my introduction to the Batman comics proper, after being a fan of BTAS. So I really enjoyed seeing those iconic moments from the comics recreated in animation, and I was thrilled that some of the best lines from the comics made it to the screen (especially "Deep down, Clark is fundamentally a good person. Deep down, I'm not".)

But like a lot of other people on this thread, I found the changes they made to the overall story pretty disappointing.

spoilers:
    Look, I would have been more than okay with changing the true identity of Hush if it lead to a more compelling story. But as it stands, the Riddler reveal just kinda came out of nowhere. His motivation could have been interesting - a C-lister villain rising up to become Batman's greatest nemesis. The problem is that, barring a single throwaway line by Dick, they did absolutely nothing to establish this version of Riddler as a C-lister villain with an inferiority complex. Riddler's one appearance prior to the Hush reveal was a scene where we didn't even get to see him practise his usual MO of leaving clues and riddles. So, in the context of this movie and this continuity, the Riddler as a character was barely sketched out. And if we were supposed to rely on our prior knowledge of the Riddler from other sources to fill in the blanks - well, that doesn't quiet work either because the Riddler is one of Batman's most iconic foes and far from being a C-list 'joke villain' who'd have the kind of inferiority complex he has here!

I was really hoping that Hush would turn out to be a resurrected Jason Todd! In fact, my dream live-action Batman movie would be a loose adaptation of this story-arc with Jason Todd revealed as Hush. In fact, I just discovered for the first time on this very thread that that was precisely the original plan Jeph Loeb had! Which adds to the disappointment that they didn't go through with it here, especially since they were planning on changing things...The line about the Lazarus Pit in the beginning almost had me convinced this would happen, but the further the movie progressed, the more I realized that a Jason Todd appearance was highly unlikely, as was any kind of compelling reveal about Hush's identity.

The Bruce-Tommy friendship was also a pale shadow of how it was presented in the original story. I LOVED the adaptation of the scene where Batman nearly beats the Joker to death, but in the context of this movie's narrative, its impact is kind of blunted by the fact that we aren't really convinced that Tommy was so important to Bruce that his murder would push him to this extreme. We're just told that they were inseperable and that Bruce wants to be a 'better friend' to Tommy...and that's it! I was really disappointed that they didn't include a single flashback to Bruce and Tommy as kids. Of course, you might argue that with the change in Hush's identity, Tommy's backstory didn't really matter so much. But then maybe they should have cut him out of the story altogether, or used him as an easter egg cameo, and spend that real estate establishing the Riddler and his backstory and motivations instead! But what we got is a few throwaway lines telling us that Tommy is one of Bruce's best friends to give us a barely convincing reason why Batman is ready to beat the Joker to death.
    end of spoilers

The Bruce/Selina romance is easily the best part of the movie - so much so that I think they basically set out to make a Batman/Catwoman team-up film, and used the Hush story as a framing device.

All the other supporting players are pretty spot on. Dick was pitch perfect, and I loved his interactions with Bruce, and with Selina. Damian's cameo was hilarious! Alfred and Gordon were great too.

I loved the classic costumes. Between this and the Death/Reign of Superman films, its clear that the New 52 is officially over in this line.