Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

The Tommy-Bruce friendship was just as hollow in the comics though, since Tommy literally came out of nowhere and we were suddenly told that this was Bruce’s best friend from childhood that we had never met before.

Watched HUSH this weekend. I agree with most postings here... The Bat/Cat stuff was good. The spoilers:
    Riddler stuff
    end of spoilers not so much. Overall, I really enjoy the nu52 movies they are doing. It's a nice alternate universe that is telling classic stories within a unique separate universe. This was one of the weaker entries though...

I watched this and think they did some stuff better in this when compared to the original 12 issues run, but it's less fun.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

I liked it, but it was not perfect. First, the New 52 setting is less then desireable. I can't stand Jason O'Mara as Batman, he's so monotoned. I think Catwoman, Jim Gordon, and Harley were all miscast. The whole Riddler thing was stupid, spoilers:
    Hush is not even the same build as Riddler in the movie
    end of spoilers. I thought the Joker was really good, he had some great lines during the Clayface battle.

Catwomans analysis of Batman in the end was really puzzling as well.
    Last edited by SixSpeedSamurai; 08-09-2019 at 03:31 PM.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    I liked it, but it was not perfect. First, the New 52 setting is less then desireable. I can't stand Jason O'Mara as Batman, he's so monotoned. I think Catwoman, Jim Gordon, and Harley were all miscast. The whole Riddler thing was stupid, spoilers:
    Hush is not even the same build as Riddler in the movie
    end of spoilers. I thought the Joker was really good, he had some great lines during the Clayface battle.

Catwomans analysis of Batman in the end was really puzzling as well.
    spoilers:
    Riddler gets jacked by the Lazarus pit, and the one running around in Gotham during the movie is not him, just a mind-controlled Clayface masquerading as regular Riddler. So it kind of works.
    end of spoilers
    As of now:
    All-Star Batman, Batman, Doom Patrol, The Flash, The Fix, The Flintstones, Green Valley, Hadrian's Wall, The Hellblazer, Moonshine, New Super-Man, Suicide Squad, Superman, 'Tec, Unfollow

Hush was okay. They really need to stop using 52 as a model. Either go back to the classic DC look or move on to the Rebirth look. I wish I could say I understand why they cannot do a true adaptation of Hush but after adapting The Dark Knight Returns perfectly they can. They need to stop adapting classic stories if they are not going to do them right.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kaled View Post
    Hush was okay. They really need to stop using 52 as a model. Either go back to the classic DC look or move on to the Rebirth look. I wish I could say I understand why they cannot do a true adaptation of Hush but after adapting The Dark Knight Returns perfectly they can. They need to stop adapting classic stories if they are not going to do them right.
    The dark knight was a 2 part extend film
    Most of the new 52 films at 85-110 mins not enough time to adapt completely and faithfully

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Most of the new 52 films at 85-110 mins not enough time to adapt completely and faithfully
    Plus TDKR was adapted before most of the movies had to fit in continuity. Now why the hell they couldn't have made JL vs Fatal Five in continuity and left Hush out of continuity, well...hell if I can reason through that madness.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Plus TDKR was adapted before most of the movies had to fit in continuity. Now why the hell they couldn't have made JL vs Fatal Five in continuity and left Hush out of continuity, well...hell if I can reason through that madness.
    I don’t think so it’s just a standalone film
    Like the new wonder woman movie coming out they usually do one movie per year that not new 52

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post

Fatal five is in the Bruce timm continuity

I don’t think so it’s just a standalone film
    Like the new wonder woman movie coming out they usually do one movie per year that not new 52
    Hush isn't a stand alone film, it's in continuity with the other New 52~ish films.
    And the new Wonder Woman has also been confirmed to be in continuity too by the way.

Fatal five is in the Bruce timm continuity
    I know that. Maybe I didn't make myself clear: I don't understand why they decided to make JLvsFF their one out of main continuity film when Hush would've been the better choice.

I watched this last night and I found it to be really uninspired. From the writing to the story changes to the acting to the animation style, it felt like everyone involved was phoning it in. I'd been looking forward to it and was pretty disappointed.

Incredible Member

I don't understand why these DTV movies have to have so short of a runtime, I wouldn't even call them full length movies as their barely 65-70 mins with credits. If they ever get around to adapting somethng like Knightfall I will be so disapointed if they trim it down to fit 70 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mace Dolex View Post
    I don't understand why these DTV movies have to have so short of a runtime, I wouldn't even call them full length movies as their barely 65-70 mins with credits. If they ever get around to adapting somethng like Knightfall I will be so disapointed if they trim it down to fit 70 minutes.
    They would probably do Knightfall as a two-parter like they did Death/Reign.

Not that I ever expect them to adapt Knightfall given how this movie handled Bane.

Extraordinary Member

I just got a chance to watch this. I was so excited because I love the original comic. Its probably one of my favorite Batman stories. However, after watching this movie, I just feel gyped. I just don't get why DC says they want to adapt some of their classic stories, but then they end up making major changes to the plot that move these animated features so far away from the original comics.

First, it was how Reign of the Supermen ended up with Darkseid apparently pulling the strings behind Cyborg Superman, even though Darkseid was never a part of the Death of Superman saga and Cyborg Superman was the mastermind in that book. Now its this twist with spoilers:
    Riddler being Hush instead of Tommy Elliot
    end of spoilers.

I mean, if you say you want to adapt a story, why don't you ya know adapt the story as its written. I expect now if they ever get around to doing Knightfall, they'll sub in Bat-Mite for Bane.