Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 180
  1. #46
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    3,059

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by riddler123 View Post
    I hope they don't edit tim drake out of this one like they have with most other animated movies. Even a line of dialogue explaining where he is would be some thing. People don't just disappear..
    yes they do it called Limbo

  2. #47
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    159

    Default

    He needs to come out of it then.

  3. #48
    Mighty Member shadowsgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    1,230

    Default

    According to IMDb, Kevin Conroy will be the voice of Batman, so it seems like the movie won't be part of the DCAMU continuity.

    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8752440...=nm_flmg_act_1

  4. #49
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    43,892

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shadowsgirl View Post
    According to IMDb, Kevin Conroy will be the voice of Batman, so it seems like the movie won't be part of the DCAMU continuity.

    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8752440...=nm_flmg_act_1
    I think we need a more reliable source then IMDB...

  5. #50
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    691

    Default

    They're gonna trim a lot of fat off in the movie considering Loeb put basically every major villain and every major supporting cast member at the time minus Cass in the story. So I will admit I am curious as to what they change about it and if ends up like Under the Red Hood where the story actually ends up being better.

  6. #51
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    19,118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by M L A View Post
    They're gonna trim a lot of fat off in the movie considering Loeb put basically every major villain and every major supporting cast member at the time minus Cass in the story. So I will admit I am curious as to what they change about it and if ends up like Under the Red Hood where the story actually ends up being better.
    I'm assuming they'll change Hush's origin into something that isn't completely stupid.

  7. #52
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,146

    Default

    The weird thing with "Hush" is that it's not a good story for Hush as a character; that belongs to Heart of Hush and House of Hush. The actual plot and mystery of the story Hush is more focused on the sheer number of other characters Batman interacts with, with the actual mystery reveal having more importance placed on Harold sabotaging Bruce's stuff and Riddler making Hush his partner. Hush himself really just becomes the obvious main final villain, but it's hard to classify him as the mastermind, unlike Two-Face in the other stories. Heck, there's a reason why Jason Todd's return wound up being declared cannon while Hush languished in bad stories for a while.

    I guess, if I were reviewing the story, I might set it up this way:

    - Keep the gauntlet of villains aspect; not only is it fun, but a guy like Scarecrow can cause fear gas flashbacks to explain any background details they might need.

    - Combine the Hush stories into a massive, multi-character story where Hish is targeting the Batman - and Wayne - Family. I'd include the attack on Catwoman, and maybe have the villains attack the Robins in the civilian identities to make it clear that Hush is using his knowledge of Batman's identity to do what he wants.

    - Merge Heart of Hush with Hush itself and have Bruce figure out who he is by the midpoint, but still not know how his identity was compromised and how Tommy found out until the end. Tommy can be the vindictive and personal Heavy villain, not in charge but propelling the story along, trying to replace Bruce and take over his life.

    - Keep the Riddler reveal as the actual mastermind, along with the way Batman keeps him from revealing his identity, but do the red herring appearances by him more like the ones in Dark Victory, Long Halloween, and Catwoman: When in Rome, so that he's always either in the background or the foreground.

    - Maybe condense the final battle into a Batfamily vs Rogues war.

    If this is the DCNAU, then maybe they should use the Jason Todd part but modify it for their universe.
    Franchise Wars Podcast and YouTube Host.
    TITANS pilot Recap, Reaction, and Review video! https://youtu.be/l1tKBTUtiyM
    The Force Awakens vs The Last Jedi https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...=2&i=408109126
    Teen Titans (03) vs Teen Titans Go! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...=2&i=400482734

  8. #53
    Astonishing Member CPSparkles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    3,953

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by riddler123 View Post
    He needs to come out of it then.
    It's not Limbo. It's worse. Tim never even was a thing and isn't a thing in this universe. They already explained that at comicon and in the movies themselves. Like Dick said he was the only Robin.
    Last edited by CPSparkles; 09-29-2018 at 04:08 PM.

  9. #54
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    159

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    It's not Limbo. It's worse. Tim never even was a thing and isn't a thing in this universe. They already explained that at comicon and in the movies themselves. Like Dick said he was the only Robin.
    Would it kill them to explain his retirement in a single line of dialogue?

  10. #55
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    159

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by M L A View Post
    They're gonna trim a lot of fat off in the movie considering Loeb put basically every major villain and every major supporting cast member at the time minus Cass in the story. So I will admit I am curious as to what they change about it and if ends up like Under the Red Hood where the story actually ends up being better.
    That's a matter of opinion. I was annoyed that Mr Freeze was cut out of the film version.

  11. #56

    Default

    I cant wait for the Hush movie. Next up on my list is Batman vs Robin

  12. #57
    Astonishing Member CPSparkles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    3,953

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by riddler123 View Post
    Would it kill them to explain his retirement in a single line of dialogue?
    It wouldn't had he retired but he DOESN'T EXSIT. HE NEVER DID. There's nothing to retire from because he's never been a thing in this shared Universe. This Batman has only ever had 2 Robins. Dick and Damian.

  13. #58
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    159

    Default

    ]

    This universe? It's an adaption of a comic book. Surely it's that universe that is being adapted?

    Does batman and Harley Quinn count as "this universe"? If so where was Damien. As that title was aninated in the style of the 90s cartoon it really should have referenced Tim who was part of the new adventures series which this followed on from.

    I don't see hush, Harley Quinn, red hood or killing joke as part of any new universe because the stories have not indicated so.
    Son of batman and batman vs robin yes I grant you as they are adapted from Damiens era.

  14. #59
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    259

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by riddler123 View Post
    ]

    This universe? It's an adaption of a comic book. Surely it's that universe that is being adapted?

    Does batman and Harley Quinn count as "this universe"? If so where was Damien. As that title was aninated in the style of the 90s cartoon it really should have referenced Tim who was part of the new adventures series which this followed on from.

    I don't see hush, Harley Quinn, red hood or killing joke as part of any new universe because the stories have not indicated so.
    Son of batman and batman vs robin yes I grant you as they are adapted from Damiens era.
    Batman and Harley Quinn movie was set in the BTAS universe. This current Dtv movies are their own universe set in the n52, its own universe because WB maintained continuity with the films. In this Tim and Jason never became robins.

  15. #60
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    5,586

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by riddler123 View Post
    ]I don't see hush, Harley Quinn, red hood or killing joke as part of any new universe because the stories have not indicated so.
    Son of batman and batman vs robin yes I grant you as they are adapted from Damiens era.
    Death of Superman Movies and Reign of the Supermen is also based on a story that is not from Damian era, and it is still part of the new animated continuity.

    When it comes to Hush, it was sofar not announced if it will be part of the continuity or not.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •