Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 180
  1. #106
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    366

    Default

    Curious to know how they're going to truncate a 12 issue story into 70 minutes of movie.

  2. #107
    Titans Together!! byrd156's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    9,384

    Default

    I'm also going to assume they won't have the cool Alan Scott flashbacks.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

    "In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

    "One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

  3. #108
    Astonishing Member Clark_Kent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Smallville, KS
    Posts
    2,250

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mace Dolex View Post
    Curious to know how they're going to truncate a 12 issue story into 70 minutes of movie.
    Reign of the Supermen was 3 minutes shy of an hour & a half, and I think Death of Superman was close to that as well. They seem to not be bothered with keeping to the original 70-72 minute runtimes anymore so I wouldn't be surprised to see this hit the 90 minute mark.

    Of course, a ton of the comic was fluff and can be cut out anyway, so maybe truncating it will improve the flow. Not sure this movie needs the scenes with Harold, or the Bruce/Tommy flashback with Alan Scott, and I'd bet the ending with Riddler is removed.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

    Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

  4. #109
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    43,999

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    Of course, a ton of the comic was fluff and can be cut out anyway, so maybe truncating it will improve the flow. Not sure this movie needs the scenes with Harold, or the Bruce/Tommy flashback with Alan Scott, and I'd bet the ending with Riddler is removed.
    Riddler's in it to begin with, so they might keep that bit otherwise his appearance would be pointless or just "fluff."

  5. #110
    Fantastic Member BloodOps's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    397

    Default

    Wonder how they'll fuck over Dick in this Nu52 movie.

  6. #111

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    Reign of the Supermen was 3 minutes shy of an hour & a half, and I think Death of Superman was close to that as well. They seem to not be bothered with keeping to the original 70-72 minute runtimes anymore so I wouldn't be surprised to see this hit the 90 minute mark.

    Of course, a ton of the comic was fluff and can be cut out anyway, so maybe truncating it will improve the flow. Not sure this movie needs the scenes with Harold, or the Bruce/Tommy flashback with Alan Scott, and I'd bet the ending with Riddler is removed.
    There's not a whole lot of actual plot in the original Hush, a lot of stuff is just repetition or red herrings leading up to the big reveal and will probably be excised and replaced. I'm wondering if they'll keep Tommy Elliott's role unchanged, considering how obvious he would be as the culprit (even if there's a twist beyond that as well) in a 90 minute movie rather than a 12 issue comic book series. He's nowhere to be se in the trailer.
    Last edited by TheNewFiftyForum; 05-18-2019 at 08:39 AM.
    As of now:
    All-Star Batman, Batman, Doom Patrol, The Flash, The Fix, The Flintstones, Green Valley, Hadrian's Wall, The Hellblazer, Moonshine, New Super-Man, Suicide Squad, Superman, 'Tec, Unfollow

  7. #112
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    43,999

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BloodOps View Post
    Wonder how they'll fuck over Dick in this Nu52 movie.
    Honestly seems like he's going to get more to do here. I think they might combine his role in the comic with Tim's.

  8. #113
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    43,999

    Default

    First look at Batgirl:


  9. #114
    Incredible Member Jman27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    807

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    First look at Batgirl:

    This is the first appearance of her correct in the animated universe but Im hoping for Red Hood to appear as well
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

  10. #115
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    43,999

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    This is the first appearance of her correct in the animated universe but Im hoping for Red Hood to appear as well
    She appeared at the end of Bad Blood.

  11. #116
    Extraordinary Member Celgress's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,133

    Cool

    I'm so excited I can hardly wait. Batman animated movies are always top notch and Hush is arguably the best Batman story of the last twenty years, a winning formula.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

  12. #117
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    3,068

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    First look at Batgirl:

    she is in Hush...... Dick and Babs in the same DCU movie

  13. #118
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    43,999

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    she is in Hush...... Dick and Babs in the same DCU movie
    I wonder how they're going to handle that. Dick is with Starfire, but will their be any history between him and Babs here?

    I also wouldn't be surprised if Barbara might be younger then him in this continuity.

  14. #119
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,146

    Default

    I actually kind of think Batgirl might be taking over Huntress's role.
    Franchise Wars Podcast and YouTube Host.
    TITANS pilot Recap, Reaction, and Review video! https://youtu.be/l1tKBTUtiyM
    The Force Awakens vs The Last Jedi https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...=2&i=408109126
    Teen Titans (03) vs Teen Titans Go! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...=2&i=400482734

  15. #120
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    43,999

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    I actually kind of think Batgirl might be taking over Huntress's role.
    I've been thinking the same thing.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •