Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Somewhere is a ship lost at sea guiding it's way home to the sound of angry fanboys screaming WHERE IS SEASON SIX?!!!!!!
    While TTG isn't my favorite thing in the world, I do like that they're self aware about things like this, starting at 2:13

Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Astonishing Member

They can be fairly clever at times and sometimes it's poop jokes. The Oregon trail episode was hilarious (and still had poop jokes) And totally do not have 'Night Begins to Shine' on my phone, not at all...

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I was too old for the original cartoon so I don't see a huge difference between the two. It's not "serious" in the sense that something like Young Justice of JL was so I guess I don't see why people are making such a big stink out of this. My only gripe with TTG is that it's the only version of TT that's allowed to use Cyborg.
    You have to understand, it's not just the show itself, but it's history too, that helps it to be so widely hated. For one, as I said in an earlier post, the creators have said that they KNOW the show is stupid, and they don't care because it's for kids. That already rubs a lot of people (myself included) the wrong way as that's a terrible attitude to have towards children's programming.

For two, it's a parody (in all senses of the word) of a cartoon that was very well loved, and based off a comic run that's the most well loved of the Teen Titans books. Yes, the 2000s show was silly at times, but it had heart and really lovable characters. They might have been pegged as high school cliques, but they were still relatable and lovable and not two dimensional.

As far as history, think about this. Teen Titans Go started on Cartoon Network's "DC Nation" block. The block only had two full-length shows, Green Lantern the animated series, and Young Justice, and otherwise, it was shorts, Teen Titans Go being one of them. As a short, it was probably fine. But then Cartoon Network pulled the plug on both main shows because of merch not selling, vastly ignoring the periphery demographic. It's obvious how much people wanted Young Justice to continue, and I'm sure there's a portion that wanted GL TAS to do so too. I do.

Then, following the death of the block (which really needed more to it), Teen Titans Go was the only short elevated to full length show. And then Cartoon Network started SPAMMING it. Cartoon Network is, well, a dying network, not putting much effort at all in the TV side of things. More and more time, eventually the overwhelming majority of the programming time, was devoted to this one stupid cartoon, rather than giving more time to episodes of other cartoons they had/still have, shows well liked by adults and kids with complex storytelling, a trend in kids programming now, like, say, Stephen Universe, and others.

This was also ignoring the option to try out NEW cartoons and projects, or use their VAST library of old cartoons, many of which were very popular. Nope, it was Teen Titans Go almost all the time. Cartoon Network also had a tradition in December of running marathons of Christmas episodes of their old loved cartoons and other Christmas specials. Makes sense, right? Well one December in the last few years, instead of doing THAT, what did they do? A TEEN TITANS GO MARATHON. Even through Christmas itself, I think.

Cartoon Network clings to this show like life support because censors and parents give it a pass, and it's cheap and easy to make, and they're too frightened to invest in new shows. Combine that with how stupid the show is, how it replaced better shows, and how it's a parody of the beloved 2000s cartoon, do you see the problem now? People hate it, they don't like it, and it's been shoved down their throats by a network more willing to throw this at kids almost nonstop because it makes them giggle at pure stupidity, rather than do much of ANYTHING else.

And what's wrong with stupid entertainment? Sometimes you just need some dumb fun.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

19 reviews in and still at 100% with an average score of 7.6/10.

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    The first Teen Titans cartoon ended in '06 the target audience for TTG didn't grow up with the first cartoon.

And as a comedy, it might even have a broader audience than the original, as well.

It is funny how popular TTG got even with so many people hating on it (and it reveling in the hate...which is even funnier).
    Which is hilarious to me because it has a captive audience. If you want to watch Cartoon Network, it's usually nothing but Teen Titans Go! so it's popular purely by being the default. If the channel is going to air the show predominantly, why wouldn't people be watching it? It's getting the most air-time out of the lineup. It can be nothing but popular.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    And what's wrong with stupid entertainment? Sometimes you just need some dumb fun.
    True. Sometimes projects are insane and they know it's insane, and the creators just go with it in a sense of fun. Or sometimes, it's silly, but harmless. But with TT GO, it's the attitude of the creators that's the problem. They're using "it's for kids" as an excuse to not try anything and just to let it be stupid, to just not try. And that's insulting. That sort of attitude was one of multiple reasons why the first two generations of Power Rangers in the Neo-Saban era were so horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    Which is hilarious to me because it has a captive audience. If you want to watch Cartoon Network, it's usually nothing but Teen Titans Go! so it's popular purely by being the default. If the channel is going to air the show predominantly, why wouldn't people be watching it? It's getting the most air-time out of the lineup. It can be nothing but popular.
    You're right. I hadn't thought of that. If the audience is only given that to watch most of the time, and they don't really know any better, of course they'll grow to love the show because that's what they're being fed. One has to wonder how popular the thing would really be for an audience if it had long term competition and wasn't on 80-90% of the time, or if Cartoon Network was brave enough to let that happen, or if they weren't already massively dependent at this point.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    True. Sometimes projects are insane and they know it's insane, and the creators just go with it in a sense of fun. Or sometimes, it's silly, but harmless. But with TT GO, it's the attitude of the creators that's the problem. They're using "it's for kids" as an excuse to not try anything and just to let it be stupid, to just not try. And that's insulting. That sort of attitude was one of multiple reasons why the first two generations of Power Rangers in the Neo-Saban era were so horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    You're right. I hadn't thought of that. If the audience is only given that to watch most of the time, and they don't really know any better, of course they'll grow to love the show because that's what they're being fed. One has to wonder how popular the thing would really be for an audience if it had long term competition and wasn't on 80-90% of the time, or if Cartoon Network was brave enough to let that happen, or if they weren't already massively dependent at this point.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TricksterFox View Post
    But with TT GO, it's the attitude of the creators that's the problem. They're using "it's for kids" as an excuse to not try anything and just to let it be stupid, to just not try. And that's insulting.
    I'm no great fan of TTG (or the original TT animated series for that matter) but it seems to me based on the trailer and reviews that the creators tried very hard at what they did with TTGM, and largely succeeded at it.

At 95% now. Only one rotten.

Looks like there is a batgirl short in front of the film.

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    Okay, which one of you is a film critic?

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    Okay, which one of you is a film critic?

Consensus is in:

“Teen Titans Go! To the Movies distills the enduring appeal of its colorful characters into a charmingly light-hearted adventure whose wacky humor fuels its infectious fun -- and belies a surprising level of intelligence.”

Currently at 92% with a 7.5/10 rating.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 07-25-2018 at 06:44 PM.

Yawn of Justice, the "we don't talk about that movie" GL line, and Slade going Deadpool 4th wall after saying he wouldn't were the best moments. IMHO.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium