Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Note: cameo spoiler in first review.

Note: Curse words and adult jokes in review.

They liked the movie!!!

He liked it!

He liked it!!

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Yawn of Justice, the "we don't talk about that movie" GL line, and Slade going Deadpool 4th wall after saying he wouldn't were the best moments. IMHO.
    That GL line was in one of the trailers, and yeah, I liked that one. Reviews are all positive, but did they use up their best material in the advertising?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

I really hope I get to see this while it's still in theatres, it doesn't appear to be playing anywhere near me. With it being one of the few shows I can stand to watch for an extended period of time I'm super excited.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That GL line was in one of the trailers, and yeah, I liked that one. Reviews are all positive, but did they use up their best material in the advertising?
    No, in fact the whole "not Deadpool" build is saved for the end. I mean it's joked about in the beginning the the payoff is great.

The first 2 acts of the movie are the best superhero satire we've seen (sorry Deadpool, you failed at satire) to date, while the final act is very standard popcorn superhero fair.

The Easter egg background jokes are going to take years to find and Nic Cage as Superman ... makes me sad we never got that movie now. For reals.

They blew their best "kiddie" jokes and gags in the trailers, though.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Astonishing Member

WTF everyone online seems to love this movie, but it got a B- on CinemaScore and middling sales in Week 1....

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Lotta people are gonna be pissed about this:

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/07...ustice-league/
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Lotta people are gonna be pissed about this:

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/07...ustice-league/
    Meh, not like if Justice League was a highly praised movie anyway. Teen Titans Go is a far better movie so it makes sens.

Astonishing Member

From a Box Office Standpoint, TTG slightly underperformed. It's expected to hold well though and make money on DVD sales and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    From a Box Office Standpoint, TTG slightly underperformed. It's expected to hold well though and make money on DVD sales and stuff.
    TBH I though it was a straight to DVD movie.
    Snowflakes melt in flame wars.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by TricksterFox View Post
    True. Sometimes projects are insane and they know it's insane, and the creators just go with it in a sense of fun. Or sometimes, it's silly, but harmless. But with TT GO, it's the attitude of the creators that's the problem. They're using "it's for kids" as an excuse to not try anything and just to let it be stupid, to just not try. And that's insulting. That sort of attitude was one of multiple reasons why the first two generations of Power Rangers in the Neo-Saban era were so horrible.

You're right. I hadn't thought of that. If the audience is only given that to watch most of the time, and they don't really know any better, of course they'll grow to love the show because that's what they're being fed. One has to wonder how popular the thing would really be for an audience if it had long term competition and wasn't on 80-90% of the time, or if Cartoon Network was brave enough to let that happen, or if they weren't already massively dependent at this point.
    There is only one person going to such lengths to tell everyone how much they hate it. Just you. From the reviews etc it seems your in the minority.