Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Exactly. The reason she isn't Spider-Woman any more is because after she outed herself "I preferred Spider-Woman but Spider-Gwen stuck". There's no point in using another codename on Earth-65, because everyone will call her Spider-Gwen anyway. But on 616, her identity would not only be secret, anyone who does find out would be laughed at if they try to tell the press because Gwen Stacy is dead. Not wanting to step on Jessica Drew's toes, she'd need a new name. Taking inspiration from what the Mary Janes said about helping people like a friendly ghost, that'll be why she calls herself Ghost Spider.

All just a theory right now though. I think we'll know for sure what's going on when Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider #4 is solicited.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I actually like the name of Ghost Spider. Insanely better than "Kid Arachnid".

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Man, I hate those haircuts with half of the side of the head shaved.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    Ugh.

Why couldn't they use the regular hair style for Gwen in that movie?

I hate that half shaved style. It's silly.

Either shave it all or don't. Pick, darn it!

Get off my lawn, ya darned millennials!
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

♪ღ♪░NORAH░WINTERS░FOR░SPIDER-WAIFU░♪ღ♪

*•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«

what unique powers does ghost spider have?

Considering Gwen has both Spider and Symbiote powers her own powers are a bit mixed.
    Not sure if she lost her precoginite warning or not but it seems all of her tradisional Spider powers are still around from before, she can camouflage herself better than Miles now (plus wear any outfit she desires) from her Symbiote abilities that is apart of her body, the Symbiote can be emitted from her body and become gooey small groups of spiders that watches over her friends and family and act not just as eyes but also as pets for Gwen.

That what I know of so far as in the last issue the symbiote is still apart of her (in fact fully absorbed into her) and she's trying to teach it like a mother to a newborn to be a good being. Unlike other symbiotes in the Multiverse Gwen and the symbiote work together and bonded/fused yet are independents but the symbiote feels what Gwen feels. Noise does not bother the symbiote but in fact likes the heavy rock music.

Anything else possible new powers wise will be made and shown by the upcoming writer.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeitgeist View Post
    I actually like the name of Ghost Spider. Insanely better than "Kid Arachnid".
    Any name is better then Kid-Arachnid .

Quote Originally Posted by AngelJD View Post
    (plus wear any outfit she desires)
    She doesn't have this ability. Otherwise, why would she have bothered buying that jacket last issue?
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Any name is better then Kid-Arachnid .
    I dunno. Have you seen some of the Legion of Substitute Heroes?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I dunno. Have you seen some of the Legion of Substitute Heroes?
    It works for the Legion since the goofy names is part of their charm .

That's set so far in the future all the good names are probably taken, lol! Easy way to explain the silver age cheesiness of their mantles.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    She doesn't have this ability. Otherwise, why would she have bothered buying that jacket last issue?
    I just image that can be the case. If the venom can be made into a pattern over her then combine that color shifting then technically she should be able to wear what she wants freely.
    Her buying that outfit was due to what it symbolized which happily shocked her. She stated to her father that she was certain everybody hated her but coming across that store with all the merchandise stated otherwise. That people support/valued her to the point merchandise was made of her. Buying that jacket wasn't out of necessary but honor of what it represents and how that meant something to her.