Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Variant

Wow, that looks really cool! Big fan of Amy Reeder's stuff. And any word on if it's a really high incentive?
    Last edited by millernumber1; 07-24-2018 at 01:00 PM.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

It seems the variant artist remembered that Mayday changed her costume after Spider-Verse.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

Jody Houser reveals the events of Spider-Girls take place directly after issue 23 of Renew Your Vows...cliffhanger ending?

https://twitter.com/Jody_Houser/stat...F%3Fpage%3D724

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Jody Houser reveals the events of Spider-Girls take place directly after issue 23 of Renew Your Vows...cliffhanger ending?

That would truly be terrible.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    It seems the variant artist remembered that Mayday changed her costume after Spider-Verse.
    I try to forget it sometimes .

Or at least a direct lead-in.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Agree. I really really don't like the Spider-man costume on Mayday. Seriously they should have altered that thing to fit her more. It looks way to blocky compared to the other girls costumes. Like Annie's has a good mix of blue and red and black on it, Silks design is really cool, Spider Gwen's look is sharp and on point, Anya's is very much a nod to one of the first Spider Women, Jessica's is classic, but May's new look is...bad. Just not even close to looking good on her. Ben's old suit looked amazing on her character and became more connected to her than to him for a long while.

I get they put her in Peter's costume as a tribute to him, but I would think they would have altered it by this point to make it more, I don't know, suitable for a female form? It always felt like it wasn't designed for her shape and needed to be fixed.

I like the covers and have high hopes for Spider-Girls series event just like I did for Spider-Woman. Overall the female spiders I find more fascinating as characters and the challenges their writing and artist teams have in making quality works than the male Spiders have (but I do like them also but if Peter Parker has a bad storyline he will be fine but for a female spider if the storyline and art isn't at least 90% great then their numbers take a hit and shorten the lifespan thus the creative teams have more of a battle and consequences to make at their best abilities a quality storyline and characters/charazations, chemistry in the cast they make).

I recall at the end of the Secret Wars tie-in that May was in that at the end of that storyline she got another costume on vs wearing her dad's old costume plus she was also in Web Warriors. May wasn't used as much as I would of liked in the Web Warriors series but happy she was in the series as well as Anya and Gwen but they weren't used/written effectively most of the time in that series in my personal opinion. Web Warriors had alot of potential with the Multiverse and the characters but in the end outside of a few positives.
    I like the original character Ottava and happy she was a hero showing a power of the grand multiverse for anything possible (Happy to see that she will not be forgotten and will be used and show up in some form but also fearful..more on that later bellow).
    Plus when the characters were not wearing their masks the human faces in the art style from the artist team was amusing and very expensive which was fun to see and provide scenes I loved like in issue #1 Gwen's facial expression in the response to May's questioning how weird things are in the team and the Multiverse meanwhile one of her friends is a version of a teenage aged dead girlfriend of her dads with Spider powers hogging her face with fast food wondering why all the universes she's visiting she always seems to be dead and later on Punk Rocker Spider-man's reveal of what happened to his version Gwen Stacy and Gwen's response.

One thing I'm reading often from the Renew your vows thread (BIG fan of that series) is the fear for Annie's parents. Fearful of what happened to May's might happen to Annie's also during this event since the series is gone and this will be what might be the last we see of them or not. I'm fearful of MANY characters I like during this event:
    Annie's parents (I love that version of Peter and greatly MJ),
    Ottava (love her and a representation of the multiverse providing true alternates and a battle against expectations plus I found her to be fun working with the other spiders and with the India Spider-man),
    and Gwen's cast from Earth-65. Gwen's dad (love his character and the partnership and love between the two was one of the strongest pleasures and hooks I got from her series as a whole), her friends from the band 'the Mary Janes' (really like Earth-65 Betty of the group), Bodega Bandit (He's just...the worst ), and the punk rock vibe and alternates it provided.
    With constant rumors of Gwen going to be living on 616 constantly stirring up thing might not be looking good for Earth-65 either being destroyed (revealed info for the first issue of Spider-Gwen:Ghost Spider #1 stating that Earth-65 is about to get hit big with Multiverse troubles which might mean the Inheritors and this event is about to hit Earth-65 in a huge way) or the people Gwen cares about hurt or killed making Gwen leave as Earth-65 has nothing for her there with them gone in her life.

I'm hoping for the best for all the characters but I'm also worring a bit too.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Agree. I really really don't like the Spider-man costume on Mayday. Seriously they should have altered that thing to fit her more. It looks way to blocky compared to the other girls costumes. Like Annie's has a good mix of blue and red and black on it, Silks design is really cool, Spider Gwen's look is sharp and on point, Anya's is very much a nod to one of the first Spider Women, Jessica's is classic, but May's new look is...bad. Just not even close to looking good on her. Ben's old suit looked amazing on her character and became more connected to her than to him for a long while.

I get they put her in Peter's costume as a tribute to him, but I would think they would have altered it by this point to make it more, I don't know, suitable for a female form? It always felt like it wasn't designed for her shape and needed to be fixed.
    I was actually referring to the costume she adopted on the final page of the Secret Wars: Warzones --- Spider-Island backups, and if I recall right, it was also a costume that had been pre-designed by Ron Frenz himself for a flash-forward to Mayday as an adult and Benjy as a teenager also adopting the Spider-Man mantle.
    The spider is always on the hunt.