Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112
    Amazing Member Friendly Belligerent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    You know, I just had a random thought that'll probably pan out to nothing, but-

What if the reason for the minotaur's strength is Zeus? I think most people are pretty sure Zeke is him in some way (or hell, who knows, maybe Athena), but what if Zeus's original body or strength has somehow been linked to the minotaur too (or possibly his father as well)? It's not a very well fleshed out theory, but I was just wondering to myself about the minotaur and I just remembered the bull was one of Zeus' symbols.
    Lol yeah beat me to it.

Amazing Member Friendly Belligerent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darius View Post
    Are we certain this Minotaur is the same beast she spared in #0? The art doesn't match at all. Feels like a glaring over site for such a visually driven book.
    This was addressed in an interview with Azz. They clearly addressed that it is the same creature and it was suggested that it was an artist choice to make it look different but that I think may be playing coy to avoid suspicion of a plot point.

Extraordinary Member

Pretty sure I suggested this a little while back
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    I had thought about this, and decided it was less squicky than Carol Danver's pregnancy.

Man, I'd say this issue veered into George RR Martin territory, but there's a new More Than Meets the Eye coming out this month that will fill that quota.

As for what Zeke did in this issue, I have two theories (at least one has already been put out here but I didn't read the whole thread):

1. Zeke transferred his consciousness into Hipolyta, him having identified as an Amazon from all the time he's spent amongst them. This would explain the stilted speech and different color bubbles (though both could be because her vocal cords are terracotta). I like this idea because it shows the connections he's formed with the rest of his cast despite how tiny he is, but I'd rather it be...

2. Zeke can restore life, a concept that can bring back all the characters that have been impaled in this issue. I don't see a lot of Amazon's surviving this battle, so having a free resurrection card can come in handy. That could explain why Hipolyta stayed statuey - he's inexperienced with his powers (d'aww, baby's first necromancy).

Option 2 is also major because FB just assimilated the Life entity (and got a much cooler look as a result) so if someone else in the universe has that kind of power it's kind of a big deal.
    Another possibility: Zeke just removed whatever block had been stopping Hippolyta from returning to flesh after Hera willed her to do so. The special voice and the glowing blue eyes might, in this theory, be there because Hippolyta has her own form of god mode (that's what the eyes remind me of, at least) and her bracelets, having been turned to stone with the rest of her, aren't holding it back.
    Last edited by Silvanus; 09-04-2014 at 10:49 PM.

BANNED

This run has been stellar all around. I actually wish Azz was writting Hercules into this as well. I like the voice they have in the title.

And to me, at least visually, the FB kind of looks a dark image of him.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Silvanus View Post
    Another possibility: Zeke just removed whatever block had been stopping Hippolyta from returning to flesh after Hera willed her to do so. The special voice and the glowing blue eyes might, in this theory, be there because Hippolyta has her own form of god mode (that's what the eyes remind me of, at least) and her bracelets, having been turned to stone with the rest of her, aren't holding it back.
    The eyes are similar now that you say that.