Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What happens after X-Men 92? (spoilers about the X-Men 92 book)

Hello!
    So I'm really new to reading Marvel comics. I just finished the X-Men 92 book and am wondering if they ever finished that storyline in another book? I'm reading the current X-men books and it's like everyone turning into a mutant at the end of X-Men 92 never happened.
    Also Jubilee isn't a vampire by the end of X-Men 92...but in Generation X she is older and is a vampire. Is there a book where she turns back?

X-Men '92 wasn't part of the main continuity. It was a stand-alone story loosely based on the old Fox cartoon. So no, I'm afraid everyone turning into mutants is where that story ended and it won't be continued.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Hello!
    So I'm really new to reading Marvel comics. I just finished the X-Men 92 book and am wondering if they ever finished that storyline in another book? I'm reading the current X-men books and it's like everyone turning into a mutant at the end of X-Men 92 never happened.
    Also Jubilee isn't a vampire by the end of X-Men 92...but in Generation X she is older and is a vampire. Is there a book where she turns back?
    X-Men '92 was a standalone story that isn't in canon with any other titles. It's really just its own thing and pretty much an homage to both the 1992 X-Men cartoon series and various stories and events that happened in Marvel Comics during the 1990s, with some nods to more modern stuff as well.

As regards Jubilee, she had lost her powers years ago after a story entitled "House of M". Then she got turned into a vampire sometime around 2010 (she also rescued and adopted a baby named Shogo around 2013, but I digress). But at the end of Generation X, Quentin Quire uses the power of something called a "Phoenix Shard" to turn Jubilee back. So, she's a human mutant once again.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    she also rescued and adopted a baby named Shogo around 2013, but I digress
    I'd say "rescued" is a bit charitable. She took that kid without permission and carried him across international borders. That's straight up kidnapping.

Kid was orphaned anyway. She formally adopted him when she got home.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Kid was orphaned anyway. She formally adopted him when she got home.
    He wasn't orphaned until Jubilee and the X-men killed his father

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    I'd say "rescued" is a bit charitable. She took that kid without permission and carried him across international borders. That's straight up kidnapping.

Shogo was in Generation X and I assumed Jubille actually had a baby! I have to read the book where she got him...Somebody mentioned around 2013 but in which book?

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Shogo was in Generation X and I assumed Jubille actually had a baby! I have to read the book where she got him...Somebody mentioned around 2013 but in which book?
    The 2013-2015 X-Men series kicked off by Brian Wood.

I would love to see this book be relaunched, but this time do it correctly. Don't get writers who apparently found the animated series "hilarious" and in some kind of competition to see how many cameos can be fit into a single issue and instead focus on good storytelling and artwork. Marvel could have gold here if they would only put an ounce of effort into getting the right people.
    Some bands I love: Katatonia, Tool, Flaw, Within Temptation, Breaking Benjamin, Evergrey, The Panic Division, Bush, The Birthday Massacre, Silverchair ('94-'01), Poets Of The Fall, Lacuna Coil, Autumn, Klone, A Perfect Circle, Starset, This Misery Garden, Evanescence, Dead Letter Circus, Pallbearer, The Foreshadowing & tons more!

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

I was expecting a book based on the show in tone and picking up where it left off... instead it was a book that was inspired by the show only in name and aesthetics. The art was bad, the story was sloppy and it made fun itself way too much. The show was dark and for the most part serious life/death themes. This was ridiculous hoodgepoodge of fan-fic and fever dreams.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

The art is actually what drew me to the book because I thought the colors and style were somewhat similar to what I remembered from the animated series. I didn't expect the plot to be such a mess, but it was still fun to read because the lineup

And thanks Anduinel, I will check out these books!

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    I was expecting a book based on the show in tone and picking up where it left off... instead it was a book that was inspired by the show only in name and aesthetics. The art was bad, the story was sloppy and it made fun itself way too much. The show was dark and for the most part serious life/death themes. This was ridiculous hoodgepoodge of fan-fic and fever dreams.
    I thought the art was fine. But yeah, they banked way too hard on nostalgia for the cartoons to sell this book, when that was something they could never deliver (due to Fox owning those stories). And what they did deliver was a tongue-in-cheek homage to the 90's heyday of X-Men popularity done in vaguely the style of the cartoons of the era. I liked it, but it definitely was not what Marvel primed the readership for.

Ugh I loved his run

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    She did rescue him from a collapsed building after the Arkea meteor strike.

But let's be honest, the way family is built in regards to the X-Men in general and Jubilee in specific tends to be filled with all sorts of extralegal maneuvers. Jubilee's custody by the X-Men is questionable itself. As near as we can tell, she just showed up and they just let her stay. So, essentially harboring a teenage runaway. She really should have been placed with an official foster home or even sent to live with whatever relatives she may have in China (one of the reasons she actually ran away from the orphanage she was sent to was because she was afraid that she'd be sent to a whole other country). You can hand wave it saying "Surely the Professor addressed this through proper channels", but really we have no evidence that he actually even bothered. So, by doing some research into Shogo's situation and then filing official adoption papers, she followed the law far more than any of her role models probably did. As for saving him from his father who was an abusive war criminal who saw family as a way of furthering his own ends, I'd say they have the moral high ground. In that situation, they're serving as a more aggressive form of social services.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    She did rescue him from a collapsed building after the Arkea meteor strike.

But let's be honest, the way family is built in regards to the X-Men in general and Jubilee in specific tends to be filled with all sorts of extralegal maneuvers. Jubilee's custody by the X-Men is questionable itself. As near as we can tell, she just showed up and they just let her stay. So, essentially harboring a teenage runaway. She really should have been placed with an official foster home or even sent to live with whatever relatives she may have in China (one of the reasons she actually ran away from the orphanage she was sent to was because she was afraid that she'd be sent to a whole other country). You can hand wave it saying "Surely the Professor addressed this through proper channels", but really we have no evidence that he actually even bothered. So, by doing some research into Shogo's situation and then filing official adoption papers, she followed the law far more than any of her role models probably did. As for saving him from his father who was an abusive war criminal who saw family as a way of furthering his own ends, I'd say they have the moral high ground. In that situation, they're serving as a more aggressive form of social services.
    So you're saying that the X-men kinda kidnapped Jubilee and she's just continuing the cycle of abuse?