Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Default Remember When? (Rumbles Nostalgia)

Remember When:

Cass Cain fought at Helms Deep?

Rumbles Forum fought off giant spiders?

Pendaran kicked your butt for the first time?

You posted your very first "Killer Croc vs. Lizard" thread?

---

This thread is dedicated to your most memorable Rumbles moments and memories. Sit back, relax and chat about the good old days. ^_^

I'll start. Anybody remember when that crazy dude showed up and single handedly fought off the whole forum until we all believed Lions were in fact superior to Tigers? :P
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Astonishing Member

my cringiest idea that I ever posted here(technically this is just an reincarnation of a Pre-reboot Rumbles thread of mine): http://community.comicbookresources....s-this-villain as well Cuddles, Giggles, Toothy, and Petunia from HTF vs Space Marine from 40k, and an unspeakable and unthinkable idea(hint: it involves my favorite series sans HTF, Mario, Sonic, and MLPFIM)
    whatever Scientists tells us what they believes are the only things that exists in Reality(our world), they treats what US government and mainstream news media said about things like 9/11, CO2 Emissions, and so on as their gospel

https://lnk.bio/Masonicon

calling Real Life Martial Artists that can break walls "Comic Book Peak Human" is like calling Pre-new52!Cassandra Cain "Shounen Manga character"

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

I seem to remember Vakanai and someone else making out in a hot-tub during the Pre-Crisis days (when they decimated everyone's post counts years ago).
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

The League of Typos.

With such inductees as:

The Sliver Surfer
    The Lamethrower
    and Fern Buster Dr. Strange
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

The Tournaments. There was a time when there was an abundance of tournaments, some of them mine. There was a particular style of tournament that was named after the one who popularized it, his name is in the back of my mind but I can't pull it out. Yeoman? Or was it someone else?
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Captain America vs Batman

Remember CBUB? Where there were fights listed on another website and people came here to talk about them?

Then we got the big write up of how the fights are, usually commentated by Harley Quinn and Xena's Callisto.

Good times. I missed those "official fights."

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Remember CBUB? Where there were fights listed on another website and people came here to talk about them?

Then we got the big write up of how the fights are, usually commentated by Harley Quinn and Xena's Callisto.

Good times. I missed those "official fights."
    That's how I found the forum actually

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Captain America vs Batman
    Which one? Haha :P
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    That's how I found the forum actually
    Same with me.
    - big_adventure

I wasn't around for its inception; but the Superman vs. Galactus thread was straight up gold.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

The classic Everyone vs Thanos in the bathroom thread mailedbypostman started. The imagery is hilarity at its finest.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

________ goes to Sunnydale used to be a huge thing.

That Fry vs ATT Robin thread turned flame war between The Dog and Chaosblueflame. That was honestly hilarious.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

I remember one of my earliest threads was "Batman versus Buffy". YES, comic book Batman versus the Vampire Slayer. Or Q vs. Galactus.

Yes, I was a rookie.

But some of the most memorable threads though probably a nightmare for the mods were threads where the OP or someone else would never acknowledge that something was a mismatch and proceed to endlessly ignore evidence.

I remember the Superman/ Galactus thread and Thanos fighting in the bathroom was a great parody.

Oh threads here and there involving Squirrel Girl which inevitably devolve into the fact that her greatest feats happen off-screen or are P.I.S. (and apparently she was created to be a parody of fight forums to begin with). Threads involving Luke Cage punching out Dr. Doom or any similar thread. Any sort of "omnipotent vs. omnipotent" thread when people don't understand what "The No-Limits Fallacy" means.
    Power with Girl is better.