Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

I remember one poster who seemed to make it a personal mission to find a character that could defeat Living Tribunal, preferably an anime character.

I loved how creative that guy got when he was arguing Superman could defeat Galactus haha
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    The League of Typos.

With such inductees as:

The Sliver Surfer
    The Lamethrower
    and Fern Buster Dr. Strange
    Martian Manhandler was often spotted at the Darth Mall searching to buy a Bat Grill

Darth Sidious vs Superman man that was something that guy GUTS/Batman had fun with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I remember one poster who seemed to make it a personal mission to find a character that could defeat Living Tribunal, preferably an anime character.

I remember that shit when Goku with Dark Star dragonballs. Claiming they had infinite wishing power. Kicked that logics ass myself and made it void.

Also remember someone tried to say who would win between the generations of rumblers and I was all Kensgiro on people.

Hmmm.

Chuckg schooled me hard as Overlord Chuck.

Also Farrealmer made threads to kill and/or torture us too.

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    Also remember someone tried to say who would win between the generations of rumblers and I was all Kensgiro on people.
    Hey that was my thread! And you pushed me into a vat of acid in it if I remember correctly.......

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    The classic Everyone vs Thanos in the bathroom thread mailedbypostman started. The imagery is hilarity at its finest.
    I remember this one, and it caused the first appearance of this video on these boards:

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    The League of Typos.

With such inductees as:

The Sliver Surfer
    The Lamethrower
    and Fern Buster Dr. Strange
    Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Martian Manhandler was often spotted at the Darth Mall searching to buy a Bat Grill
    Along with Magento, Rouge and The Significant Otter.

Other faves include:

1) CBR Rumbles vs ..... e.g. the 8-legged freaks in a shopping mall.

2) Anything to do with Jupiter Gorilla

3) Bane vs Juggernaut

4) There was this one thread that’s almost impossible to describe unless you saw it because it just kept getting changed constantly by the OP when we kept pointing out the flaws in it. I reached the point of literally crying at my desk, laughing. Hogwarts and Twilight vs Every Avenger ever, every X-Man ever and King Kong for some reason. It led to great images like “King Kong: Wizard Puncher” as the Hogwarts guys swarmed round him on broomsticks like bi-planes, or “The Invisible Magnet” who came about because the OP decided they didn’t know how powerful Sue Storm’s forcefield is, so he arbitrarily decided it was as powerful as Magneto’s.... of which he also didn’t know the strength, so it was an utterly pointless decision. Trying to remember who else was in the thread... I wanna say Big, Sol M, maybe CoR and.... aaaarrgh, long-time poster from Canada who was a personal trainer (I believe Sharp met him once) but the name is escaping me for the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    4) There was this one thread that’s almost impossible to describe unless you saw it because it just kept getting changed constantly by the OP when we kept pointing out the flaws in it. I reached the point of literally crying at my desk, laughing. Hogwarts and Twilight vs Every Avenger ever, every X-Man ever and King Kong for some reason. It led to great images like “King Kong: Wizard Puncher” as the Hogwarts guys swarmed round him on broomsticks like bi-planes, or “The Invisible Magnet” who came about because the OP decided they didn’t know how powerful Sue Storm’s forcefield is, so he arbitrarily decided it was as powerful as Magneto’s.... of which he also didn’t know the strength, so it was an utterly pointless decision. Trying to remember who else was in the thread... I wanna say Big, Sol M, maybe CoR and.... aaaarrgh, long-time poster from Canada who was a personal trainer (I believe Sharp met him once) but the name is escaping me for the moment.
    Oh man, I'd almost forgotten about that beautiful disaster.

To add onto this list of greats however:

5) Mr. Explode Face

6) That guy who kept getting banned over the Flash. Watching Pen break down literally everything he said line, by line, by line, was poetry in motion.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

I remember a thread pre-2014 board wipe where Sasuke got the power of the Ghost Rider. Mostly because I wrote a scene in it where, during the Battle at the Valley of the End, after has Sasuke been kicking Naruto's ass, Naruto grabs a seemingly random stick. He takes a wild swing at Sasuke but misses and hits the ground... Which calls down a bolt of lightning that imbues Naruto with the powers of Thor, complete with Mjolnir. The fight doesn't go so well for Sasuke at that point.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

I have fond memories of the "Quotes that define..." threads. (For example "QtD villainy" or "QtD badassness".) Fun times.

Hey do you guys remember the RPG marvel ultimate alliance the rise of toxin?

BANNED

All the Lord of Nightmares threads...

Extraordinary Member

I remember the most trafficked thread I ever posted being a Spider-man vs. Aquaman thread that got pretty heated and became a bit infamous for a while.

And I have fond memories of the sketch threads we used to do.