The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    The League of Typos.

With such inductees as:

The Sliver Surfer
    The Lamethrower
    and Fern Buster Dr. Strange
    Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Along with Magento, Rouge and The Significant Otter.
    Shadow Battle Crap. And others, as noted in this thread.

Other faves include:

1) CBR Rumbles vs ..... e.g. the 8-legged freaks in a shopping mall.
    That one was GOLD.

2) Anything to do with Jupiter Gorilla
    It's kind of odd that Jupiter Gorilla started off as a discussion via PM between myself and the Arbiter.

aaaarrgh, long-time poster from Canada who was a personal trainer (I believe Sharp met him once) but the name is escaping me for the moment.
    Am currently drawing a blank on his name, but I remember the guy, and yeah, I met him. It's on the tip of my tongue, gah.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    The classic Everyone vs Thanos in the bathroom thread mailedbypostman started. The imagery is hilarity at its finest.
    That one was a riot. 'So, Thanos is sitting on the john, and the following (huge) list of people break down the door and attack'.

Setting aside the fact that they're standing shoulder-to-shoulder to stuff themselves into Thanos's john, it made for a hilarious start-up.

Pendaran's song about Slade and his jobber aura also springs to mind...I have that saved somewhere.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

We don’t see enough Hatneto these days.

We don’t see enough Hatneto these days.
    True. And to derail the thread, dude's name was AJ Valiant.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    True. And to derail the thread, dude's name was AJ Valiant.
    That’s the guy!!! Nice dude.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Of course one of the MunchKING's most defining threads was the YvtWs. I remember those, fondly.

I don't think I was involved in it, but one thread I remember with amusement was the "Venom vs Superman" thread. "It would be like hitting a big fluffy pillow".
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

I was a big fan of naked Maito Gai versus Doctor Octopus in a china shop.

That really made me laugh.

Also, I enjoyed that thread where that guy was trying to pitch that Fierce Deity Link could beat Bleach characters and the like based on some seriously dodgy calculations pertaining to the game clock.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Crisis on Infinite Earths in the Marvel Universe. I can't remember who wrote it out, but it was freaking epic.

EDIT: It was Adrian Tullberg
    Last edited by Sub-Zero MKA; 07-23-2018 at 06:08 AM.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Crisis on Infinite Earths in the Marvel Universe. I can't remember who wrote it out, but it was freaking epic.

EDIT: It was Adrian Tullberg
    Most 'written out and epic' stuff on the old boards was Adrian. ^_^
    Why are we here?

I remember a "Superman vs. Picard's Enterprise" one which was kind of the reverse of "Superman vs Galactus". The OP kept arguing that we had to "adjust" Superman's abilities to fit into the Star Trek universe because nothing else would make for a real fight. We kept pointing out that's because it wasn't a real fight. He kept trying to lower Superman's abilities and raise the Enterprise's. We'd point out that such a debate is pointless because it results in no feats to use as a basis. I think that, as it went on, he may have pulled more and more stuff from Star Trek into the fight like Q could teleport across the galaxy in an instant. And we're wondering what that has to do with Superman vs. the Enterprise.
    Power with Girl is better.

It's kind of odd that Jupiter Gorilla started off as a discussion via PM between myself and the Arbiter.
    It's the proudest moment of my Rumbles career. I was /This/ close to not pressing the send button. I was convinced it was silly and was risking embarrassment. Thank God I didn't get cold feet and you exceeded my mathematical expectations :P
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    I don't think I was involved in it, but one thread I remember with amusement was the "Venom vs Superman" thread. "It would be like hitting a big fluffy pillow".
    That one was weird.

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    It's the proudest moment of my Rumbles career. I was /This/ close to not pressing the send button. I was convinced it was silly and was risking embarrassment. Thank God I didn't get cold feet and you exceeded my mathematical expectations :P
    It did make for an interesting character. I was always more impressed by his intelligence.
    Why are we here?

That one was weird.

It did make for an interesting character. I was always more impressed by his intelligence.
    Reed Richards, Zoom and Pre Crisis Supes all in one adorable fluffy package my friend.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Oh.

Pendaran's rant about the Bride of Nine Spiders power just being 'throws spiders on people'. Should also be on this list of greats.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Awww, we remember us in the mall against giant spiders.

Best funsie times.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Oh.

Pendaran's rant about the Bride of Nine Spiders power just being 'throws spiders on people'. Should also be on this list of greats.
    It continued to here.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    Awww, we remember us in the mall against giant spiders.

Best funsie times.
    Choice of weapons from a list of types, time to prep, everything.
    Why are we here?