Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    I remember before Killer Croc and Bane when Hidan and Buffy were the board's usual go-to victims for curbstomps.
    like Master Chief in Factpile
    whatever Scientists tells us what they believes are the only things that exists in Reality(our world), they treats what US government and mainstream news media said about things like 9/11, CO2 Emissions, and so on as their gospel

https://lnk.bio/Masonicon

calling Real Life Martial Artists that can break walls "Comic Book Peak Human" is like calling Pre-new52!Cassandra Cain "Shounen Manga character"

Extraordinary Member

I remember when we would hold parties for holidays

And just Khazan in general
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Remember CBUB? Where there were fights listed on another website and people came here to talk about them?

Then we got the big write up of how the fights are, usually commentated by Harley Quinn and Xena's Callisto.

Good times. I missed those "official fights."
    CBUB, that brings me back

Wonder if It might be fun to bring the concept of "Official Fights" back. It'd be interesting to see some write ups of a few fights

Wonder if It might be fun to bring the concept of "Official Fights" back. It'd be interesting to see some write ups of a few fights
    I think it could be fun if enough people were interested in it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I think it could be fun if enough people were interested in it.
    I suppose it would have to be an interesting fight

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    I remember when we would hold parties for holidays

And just Khazan in general

CBUB, that brings me back

I'd support it. I also miss the "official fights".

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Menace of Mysterio View Post
    I'd support it. I also miss the "official fights".
    Same here.

Astonishing Member

I also (mis)remember crossover fight tournament that didn't just bans anyone whose special powers are spoken by anything other than high-tech exosuits, it also bans anyone with metahuman stats even when characters in question are technically non-powered humans
    whatever Scientists tells us what they believes are the only things that exists in Reality(our world), they treats what US government and mainstream news media said about things like 9/11, CO2 Emissions, and so on as their gospel

https://lnk.bio/Masonicon

calling Real Life Martial Artists that can break walls "Comic Book Peak Human" is like calling Pre-new52!Cassandra Cain "Shounen Manga character"

At this point, I feel its finally appropriate to list my personal curse of ever changing personas into worse and worse restaurants (and other things) as a hallmark moment of my Rumbles experience.

Also, Cthulhu Attenborough.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

I found this board in 2002 while waiting for JLA/Avengers. I had found a great write-up of a silver age match-up between the two teams and then a link that took me here. My first post was in response to a rumble between Hulk and Wonder Woman, where I got schooled about speed blitzing and the power of the magic lasso. Despite my relative neutrality about the character, I seemed to get drawn into a high percentage of Storm threads, battling with Storm worshippers who ignored all the rules here. I think my most successful rumble might have been Wolverine vs Medusa, which only went about 4 pages.

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    I found this board in 2002 while waiting for JLA/Avengers. I had found a great write-up of a silver age match-up between the two teams and then a link that took me here. My first post was in response to a rumble between Hulk and Wonder Woman, where I got schooled about speed blitzing and the power of the magic lasso. Despite my relative neutrality about the character, I seemed to get drawn into a high percentage of Storm threads, battling with Storm worshippers who ignored all the rules here. I think my most successful rumble might have been Wolverine vs Medusa, which only went about 4 pages.
    Always fun discovering how we all found our way to the forum. =)

God, the Storm threads.

Out of curiosity, who won the Medusa Rumble and why was it Logan? :P
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Always fun discovering how we all found our way to the forum. =)

God, the Storm threads.

Out of curiosity, who won the Medusa Rumble and why was it Logan? :P
    Cuz he's hairier, bub.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Extraordinary Member

Seeing this thread bumped reminded me of that Official Fights idea. I still wanna try it

Adrian Tullberg was 99% the reason I joined this forum.

I lurk more than anything, so I didn't really contribute much outside of the RPG threads, save for that one time I posed a Kratos vs Norse Mythology thread (before that particular God of War existed) and several people called me an idiot for suggesting it.
    Last edited by Yun Lao; 12-16-2019 at 09:11 PM.

After I joined, around 2005-2008, everything seemed more exciting. In addition to the Vs threads, there were more RPGS, more Tournaments, and so on. The atmosphere seemed more relaxed and open to innovation. At least that's how it seemed to me at the time.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

I came here around 2008, from CBUB. I do miss the tournaments from back then.