Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Always fun discovering how we all found our way to the forum. =)

God, the Storm threads.

Out of curiosity, who won the Medusa Rumble and why was it Logan? :P
    IIRC, Logan lost. We determined that Medusa could choke him out for a ten-count without him ever getting in range with the claws.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    IIRC, Logan lost. We determined that Medusa could choke him out for a ten-count without him ever getting in range with the claws.
    I have vague memories of that. Good one, yeah.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    Oh wait. Y'all mean the Inhuman Medusa dont you? I assumed mythological lol
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Oh wait. Y'all mean the Inhuman Medusa dont you? I assumed mythological lol
    Yes, was the Inhuman. Basically it came down to 'Can Logan slash through her hair faster than she ties him up and strangles him', and the answer -- if I'm recalling correctly -- was basically 'No'.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Yes, was the Inhuman. Basically it came down to 'Can Logan slash through her hair faster than she ties him up and strangles him', and the answer -- if I'm recalling correctly -- was basically 'No'.
    Sounds right to me!
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

I just realized the old CBUB on electricferret.com still exists.

...looking back at CBUB, I am now recalling how annoying it is to have winners determined by vote. O_o
    Why are we here?

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    ...looking back at CBUB, I am now recalling how annoying it is to have winners determined by vote. O_o
    LOL. Same here; Rumbles has ruined me for any other fight board.

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    I just realized the old CBUB on electricferret.com still exists.
    It was from there that I made my way to the CBR.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    It was from there that I made my way to the CBR.
    Same here, back in like 1999.

Although it wasn't my first thread as OP, I did a Buffy versus Post-Crisis Batman thread. This was probably in 2008. I had the difference between official power level versus actual feats explained to me. I think I may have done a Q vs. Galactus thread in which it was explained to me that I was extrapolating and invoking the no limits fallacy on Q's abilities.

It was probably extreme luck or a minor miracle that I didn't get banned because it took me a while to "get it" and understand what people were saying.

Oh, and there was a Pendaran exchange and I probably got stubborn and prolonged the argument. Luckily, the first rule of Pendaran exchanges is that we don't talk about them once the thread is over. Hence, it never happened.

I can't remember his name, sad to say, but there was a mod that I made a good impression on and he probably cut me some slack and explained things over again without a ban warning.

Sharp was also significant in explaining things without being sarcastic.

Nowadays, it's harder and harder to get into a real debate because I either don't know current stuff on either character or I know one but not the other.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    Same here, back in like 1999.
    You can use the Wayback Machine to see what the site looked like way back then.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Luckily, the first rule of Pendaran exchanges is that we don't talk about them once the thread is over.
    Being real, the only ones that stick with me are the outstandingly terrible ones. I often forget a loooot of the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Being real, the only ones that stick with me are the outstandingly terrible ones. I often forget a loooot of the others.
    Yea, but it used to be/still is a rite of passage. You break everyone the first time they say something dumb. Then return to your Fortress of Rumblertude.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Well, being serious about it if there can be a serious about something like this, the memorable ones are the ones where the person absolutely and categorically will not acknowledge any evidence contrary to the character he wants to have win- end of story.

I don't remember the guy's user name and I wouldn't say it if I did, though I think he's banned, was the guy that no matter what evidence was presented would just ask everyone if what they said was what they just said (kind of a weird way to say it but I don't know how else to describe it) and then slightly alter the circumstances of the fight in ways that made no difference. That one was quite recent so maybe that's why it stands out for me.
    Power with Girl is better.