Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Amazing Member

Default Gifted Season 2 Trailer is out. Did anyone even know about this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYX4BOhFQTU

Seriously there's like only a 128K views as of right now on the Trailer and it's on the official Marvel Channel. And as far as I know that's the highest viewed trailer released for this. I did not see any promotion from Marvel at all for this. It really feels like Marvel half-a**ed this one.

Much higher production budget and cinematic quality for this season.

But, as for Marvel... well The Gifted is not listed as one of their TV shows right now as seen below.

https://www.marvel.com/tv-shows

They are doing some limited promotion of it here and there on the twitter page, but its clear they don't know how to entirely handle it right now within what is likely still perhaps an unspoken (or perhaps spoken) understanding to limit promotion of joint Fox/Marvel stuff. Much of the promotion is being left to Fox.
    Last edited by jmc247; 07-22-2018 at 10:42 AM.

Didn't they do an SDCC announcement for this? I think the trailer isn't getting much attention because there are so many other trailers being released right now. I'm sure Fox will have plenty of TV spots between now and the premiere though.

it looks really good though.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Centrions View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYX4BOhFQTU

Seriously there's like only a 128K views as of right now on the Trailer and it's on the official Marvel Channel. And as far as I know that's the highest viewed trailer released for this. I did not see any promotion from Marvel at all for this. It really feels like Marvel half-a**ed this one.
    I think there's the issue that it was released along with
    -Shazam
    -Aquaman
    -Glass
    -Young justice season 2
    -Godzilla 2

Tomorrow would've been better

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post

Much higher production budget and cinematic quality for this season.

But, as for Marvel... well The Gifted is not listed as one of their TV shows right now as seen below.

https://www.marvel.com/tv-shows

They are doing some limited promotion of it here and there on the twitter page, but its clear they don't know how to entirely handle it right now within what is likely still perhaps an unspoken (or perhaps spoken) understanding to limit promotion of joint Fox/Marvel stuff. Much of the promotion is being left to Fox.
    I love it! Love everything about it! Hopefully they expand more on the 7/15 stuff and i’m holding out hope that the “It was Scarlet Witch and Cyclops” theory pans out.
    Last edited by Psyknight; 07-22-2018 at 11:47 AM.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Yes, I knew about it.

# of views well are we comparing to other TV series trailers for their seasons? I'd have to see those #'s.

The ratio of positive:negative comments is massively high especially compared against season 1's SDCC trailer. So that is a good sign.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

BANNED

Marvel.com just posted an article about the panel.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Psyknight View Post
    I love it! Love everything about it! Hopefully they expand more on the 7/15 stuff and i’m holding out hope that the “It was Scarlet Witch and Cyclops theory pans out.
    What theory?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    What theory?
    Red light going out of control, its speculated that cyclops killed Magneto, pissed off Wanda and they killed each other taking everything down with them, or that Wanda and Cyke going at it and things went overboard

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    Red light going out of control, its speculated that cyclops killed Magneto, pissed off Wanda and they killed each other taking everything down with them, or that Wanda and Cyke going at it and things went overboard
    As long as cyke doesn't get blamed...

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    LOL. Yes, the former theory.

It seems like after starting out with a pretty low number of viewers it’s been picking up somewhat.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    It seems like after starting out with a pretty low number of viewers it’s been picking up somewhat.
    Yeah on the channel for the show itself the viewcount stands at approximately 400,000 compared with about 1.7m for the season 1 trailer so about 25% or so. However, the number of "likes" is... actually a bit higher overall, as well as fewer "dislikes".

I don't know how many "Reaction" videos were made for the season 1 trailer but I saw a fair amount for this season's as well. So that's good (most of the reactions were generally positive... like nearly all were very enthusiastic)
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

BANNED

https://www.youtube.com/user/MARVEL/...ery=the+gifted

It's also over 450,000 at Marvel's official channel now, compared to a lil' over 1 million for the first season's trailer, from more than a year ago. So already at almost 50% there, and well over triple what it was according to the OP, just 2 weeks ago.
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 08-05-2018 at 09:54 AM.