Default Two new prequel-era novels announced

The first is "Queen's Shadow" which deals with Padme between TPM and AOTC as she goes from Queen to senator. While the Anakin/Obi-Wan partnership in the gap between the films has been chronicled fairly heavily in both canon and now non-canon sources, I don't think Padme's time in-between has really gotten that much attention. Could be interesting.

The second is Master and Apprentice, which will deal with Obi-Wan and Qui-Gonn. While of course the Jedi Apprentice and various other novels dealt with the partnership, it's something that's not as covered in the new canon.

There's also some other books and comics which look interesting, such as one focusing on Vader's castle, a "maxi series" of sorts focusing on the different eras, and several "Solo" adaptations.

https://www.starwars.com/news/sdcc-2...blishing-panel
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

The Padme one does sound pretty interesting. She was a character that had some opportunities to shine in the Clone Wars series, so seeing her rise to the position of senator could be pretty interesting.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Very excited to read Queen’s Shadow if they handle Padme as well as they did her daughter in Bloodline and Princess of Alderaan. More Qui Gon is always a plus too. I’m happy to see that Disney is looking to really expand eras and concepts all around the movies, especially the prequels.

Queen's Shadow, Most Wanted, and Thrawn Alliances look dope. I like Padme's character in general, so I'm definitely excited to read more about her. I also hope it is as good as Bloodline.

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

Just a mention that they confirmed some more details about the maxi series - it will be called 'Age of' and split into three parts: Republic, Rebellion and Resistance, each one as you can imagine focused on a specific era of Star Wars and will last thirty issues total. Age of Republic is first and focuses on characters from the prequels, with two special one-shot comics each month from December to March, one for a hero and one for a villain. The characters covered will be Qui-Gon Jinn and Darth Maul in December, Obi-Wan Kenobi and Jango Fett in January, Anakin Skywalker and Count Dooku in February and finally Padme Amadala and General Grievous in March.

https://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star...ge_of_Republic

Jinketsu

With these books and comics, and the Clone Wars TV series coming back... it looks like they're gearing up for something in the Republic era. That, or they're set on how they're to fill the stuff in the original trilogy and so now can focus on the prequel trilogy filler.

Empty is thy hand!

Wizard! As a prequel fan, it's nice to see a return to that era. Looking forward to all of it!

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    The second is Master and Apprentice, which will deal with Obi-Wan and Qui-Gonn
    Oooh, now that's interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by BruceWayneJr. View Post
    Wizard! As a prequel fan, it's nice to see a return to that era. Looking forward to all of it!
    Agreed, and what pleases me is that it's not all Clone Wars related, given we have Queen Shadow set between I and II and the pre Phantom Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan book. Kinda hoping they might recognize some elements from Jedi Apprentice in there though, given I grew up with those...

I remember being quite fond of "Cloak of Deception" which featured Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan dealing with a caper while Palpatine orchestrates the early stages of the Naboo crisis and also Valorum's downfall (The "Baseless accusations of corruption"). It's done by James Luceno, who is still writing the occasional novel for Disney. It'd be interesting if a novel could cover similar ground for Disney.

It's sort of a companion book to the Darth Maul Shadow Hunter novel, which interestingly has Obi-Wan play detective years before AOTC came out.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth