Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

1. Sleeper
    2. Gotham Central
    3. Powers

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theboychild View Post
    Love love your list! Do you own the Wolverine Vol. 1? I've been looking for it everywhere and no luck!!! Although I see some online but they're ridiculously expensive! I'm thinking of getting the Spider-Man Omni by Roger Stern! What are your thoughts about it?
    Yes I own the Wolverine Vol.1 Omnibus. My list consists only of those I own

I would absolutely recommend the Spider-man Roger Stern Omnibus. This is one of the best Spidey runs ever. If you don't mind Bronze Age material as it can be a little wordy for modern readers, this is a must. Some really nice "80s" art - mostly JRJR before he started doing his blocky art.

Fantastic Member

Hmm, I'm not sure if I should go on content alone, or also consider the build of the omnibus. Maybe factoring a bit of both, but giving more bias to content:

1) Planetary
    2) Gotham Central
    3) JSA vol 1, 2, 3

Runners-up: Daredevil by Ed Brubaker vol 1 & 2, Uncanny X-men vol 1 & 2 (had trouble getting into 3), Fourth World, Hawkeye by Matt Fraction, Miles Morales: Ultimate Spider-Man (I'm probably the only one that'd include this but I love Miles so shhh :P)

Edit: Almost forgot Doom Patrol. It's a hefty one!
    Last edited by soundsci; 07-23-2018 at 12:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Yes I own the Wolverine Vol.1 Omnibus. My list consists only of those I own

I would absolutely recommend the Spider-man Roger Stern Omnibus. This is one of the best Spidey runs ever. If you don't mind Bronze Age material as it can be a little wordy for modern readers, this is a must. Some really nice "80s" art - mostly JRJR before he started doing his blocky art.
    Yeah, I love the Bronze Age material! Is the Wolvie omnibus good? Since it's so hard to find now would you recommend getting the TPs/Epic Collections?

Quote Originally Posted by madave View Post
    Planetary; I can't believe how cheap Planetary goes for, probably the most cohesive and ambitious Omnibus I have. There are some great limited edition series, but Ellis keeps this going for 27 issues (if I recall right), and it works on a number of levels.
    X-Statix; Allred and Milligan, something really different and unique.

X-men Classic Omnibus. My favourite Claremont moments, introspective, emotive, and beautifully illustrated.

Although not strictly called Omnibuses, Saga Deluxe 1, or Madman Gargantua, would both be contenders for a top three slot.
    I concur with the X-Men Classic omnibus! The stories are carefully thought. Did you enjoy reading the Classic X-Men omnibus which are the "deleted scenes"?

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Yeah, I love the Bronze Age material! Is the Wolvie omnibus good? Since it's so hard to find now would you recommend getting the TPs/Epic Collections?
    The Wolverine Omnibus is great in the respect it's chronological in how the issues are set out and has such great runs such as Barry Windsor Smith's Weapon X and Claremont's and Miller's mini run. Not everything in it is great but it's really well put together. The only thing I felt was missing was Origin, but I later picked up the Wolverine Origin Complete Collection OHC which includes Origin and Origin II and is kind of a mini Omnibus but not labelled so.

If you're a big Logan fan, then yeah, go for the Epic Collections. If you liked Origin, pick up the Complete Collection OHC. On the other hand, you just don't know with Marvel. They could just decide to reprint the Omnibus and issue a Vol. 2. Quite a few of us have been hoping for this.

I only have 3 lol.
    1.)Kurt Busiek and Sean Chen's Iron Man
    2.)Matt Fraction and Salvador Larroca's Invincible Iron Man Vol. 1
    3.)Matt Fraction and Salvador Larroca's Invincible Iron Man Vol. 2
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Mighty Member

1. Spider-man by Roger Stern
    2. Hickman FF v1
    3. Batman by Morrison v1

Nothing too groundbreaking there, but three fun, layered collections

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    The Wolverine Omnibus is great in the respect it's chronological in how the issues are set out and has such great runs such as Barry Windsor Smith's Weapon X and Claremont's and Miller's mini run. Not everything in it is great but it's really well put together. The only thing I felt was missing was Origin, but I later picked up the Wolverine Origin Complete Collection OHC which includes Origin and Origin II and is kind of a mini Omnibus but not labelled so.

If you're a big Logan fan, then yeah, go for the Epic Collections. If you liked Origin, pick up the Complete Collection OHC. On the other hand, you just don't know with Marvel. They could just decide to reprint the Omnibus and issue a Vol. 2. Quite a few of us have been hoping for this.
    Will check that out! Thanks. Do you think it's worth getting the Wolverine Vol. 1 omnibus for $200? It's super expensive and surely a ripoff!

Quote Originally Posted by bob/.schoonover View Post
    1. Spider-man by Roger Stern
    2. Hickman FF v1
    3. Batman by Morrison v1

Nothing too groundbreaking there, but three fun, layered collections

Awesome choices! #1 is next on my queue, definitely!

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    I only have 3 lol.
    1.)Kurt Busiek and Sean Chen's Iron Man
    Coolness!

Coolness!
    Thanks. All of them are really good.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Thanks. All of them are really good.
    Haven't gotten into the Iron Man stuff yet. These omnis are addicting!!!

Neither of these are omnibuses.

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    Neither of these are omnibuses.
    That's what's written on them.
    https://www.amazon.com/Invincible-Ir...40_&dpSrc=srch

https://www.amazon.com/Invincible-Ir...40_&dpSrc=srch
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 07-23-2018 at 10:47 PM.