Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    It was basically a villains team with Betsy somehow roped into it.
    Monet isn't a villain

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    It was basically a villains team with Betsy somehow roped into it.
    They werent villians in this book

Archangel was a mindless drone
    Sabretooth had been inverted and working on his redemption
    Monet was an Xavier alumni that just came off an X-men stint
    Magneto had been an X-man for several years at that point
    Psylocke had several stints on various X-Force squads. She wasnt really any better than her teammates

Fantomex and Mystique werent officially on the roster but they werent used in a villain capacity here

Quote Originally Posted by 2nd line g View Post
    How’d the biggest thing in comics get to the point of not even being an on going? I know Uncanny is coming back, but how did a title that was selling 70k a month even 5 years ago get to this point? I’ve only read Marvel comics for a few years now and only the first to Xmen omni’s. I’m not stirring the pot, I’m really interested in the history. Thanks for any insight.
    A steady stream of hacks writing the book for years. Fraction, Gilen on it. Also Bendis did awful. Bun had only two actual X-men on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by nnelg View Post
    A steady stream of hacks writing the book for years. Fraction, Gilen on it. Also Bendis did awful. Bun had only two actual X-men on the team.
    Huh? Every one of Bunn's cast had previously been X-men. Even if Sabretooth is discounted, Archangel, Magneto, M and Psylocke had all been X-men prior to Bunn

IDA with hacks on the book. Those writers arent why Marvel didnt have a book titled Uncanny in ResurrXion

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nnelg View Post
    Bendis sales were in the 50k 60 k + range, because the X-Men mattered back then

I don't really get the hate for Uncanny V3.

Cyclops was solid, and got to refute the points against him.
    Emma was terrific.
    Magik was awesome.
    Mags... was MIA most of the time but meh...
    Cuckoos were fun
    The new guys were... decent. I like Triage, and the issue with Ben Deeds with Emma and Magik was really fun.

Gillen's run was great and I liked Bendis' a lot too, some characterization issues notwithstanding. Bunn's was good and I loved seeing M on the main team. Fraction was terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    I don't really get the hate for Uncanny V3.

Cyclops was solid, and got to refute the points against him.
    Emma was terrific.
    Magik was awesome.
    Mags... was MIA most of the time but meh...
    Cuckoos were fun
    The new guys were... decent. I like Triage, and the issue with Ben Deeds with Emma and Magik was really fun.
    The end dragged. It was great up until the stuff with the will and Matthew. The revolution stuff seemed pointless and went nowhere

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    The end dragged. It was great up until the stuff with the will and Matthew. The revolution stuff seemed pointless and went nowhere
    Eh, I thought a Havoc/Mags fan would enjoy the ending (before the writers collectively forgot it existed). But the X-Men are never allowed to be happy I suppose.

Eh, I thought a Havoc/Mags fan would enjoy the ending (before the writers collectively forgot it existed). But the X-Men are never allowed to be happy I suppose.
    Not sure what there was too enjoy. The stuff with the Will reading and Matthew Malloy went on for too long and I lost interest. It made me drop the book. It didnt feel like Bendis really knew what he was doing at this point.

Huh? Every one of Bunn's cast had previously been X-men. Even if Sabretooth is discounted, Archangel, Magneto, M and Psylocke had all been X-men prior to Bunn

IDA with hacks on the book. Those writers arent why Marvel didnt have a book titled Uncanny in ResurrXion
    I’m so sorry to interrupt, but what nnelg is basically saying is that most of those characters are predominantly associated as villains. After all, both Magneto and Mystique have upcoming X-Men Black one shots that have been described by Marvel as Villain One-Shots. Even with Mystique starring in the revamped Weapon X series.
    Favorite Characters: Wolfsbane, Storm, Psylcoke, Beast, Feral, Tempo, Nightcrawler, Quicksilver

Favorite Titles: X-Men Red, Legion of X, Marauders, Hellions

Not sure what there was too enjoy. The stuff with the Will reading and Matthew Malloy went on for too long and I lost interest. It made me drop the book. It didnt feel like Bendis really knew what he was doing at this point.
    The Malloy stuff was super crappy.

But Havoc working with Cyclops to bring every mutant to DC to show they weren't a threat was a super cool way to end the series.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfsbane View Post
    I’m so sorry to interrupt, but what nnelg is basically saying is that most of those characters are predominantly associated as villains. After all, both Magneto and Mystique have upcoming X-Men Black one shots that have been described by Marvel as Villain One-Shots. Even with Mystique starring in the revamped Weapon X series.
    Weapon X is a villains book now. Can't be anything else with its roster.

Sabretooth hasn't been good in the X-Books since Bunn's series. He's been inconsistent as hell since ResurrXion. They don't know if he's an X-Men or a Villain. So they write him as a Villain who gets to hang out with the X-Men. lol

So Weapon X is the on-going villain title. And Black is the mini series villain title. lol I keep wondering what it will take for the former to finally to bite the dust.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 07-22-2018 at 07:39 PM.

The Malloy stuff was super crappy.

But Havoc working with Cyclops to bring every mutant to DC to show they weren't a threat was a super cool way to end the series.
    The final issue was good but Havok didnt even say anything in it. He definitely wasnt the reason why I liked it. He just stood there as an extra. As a matter of fact Im disappointed that Bendis inheritted Havok after AXIS and did nothing with him. I thought he would join the team which amounted to one issue and then the series was done soon after

The final issue was good but Havok didnt even say anything in it. He definitely wasnt the reason why I liked it. He just stood there as an extra. As a matter of fact Im disappointed that Bendis inheritted Havok after AXIS and did nothing with him. I thought he would join the team which amounted to one issue and then the series was done soon after
    I mean, he didn't speak in the final issue, but mostly because it was just showing the Trial of Henry McCoy and the O5 (plus Magik and Colossus reconciling).

The issue before was virtually all Havoc and Cyclops, and acting like actual brothers for the first time in forever.