Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfsbane View Post
    I’m so sorry to interrupt, but what nnelg is basically saying is that most of those characters are predominantly associated as villains. After all, both Magneto and Mystique have upcoming X-Men Black one shots that have been described by Marvel as Villain One-Shots. Even with Mystique starring in the revamped Weapon X series.
    I never saw Magneto as a "stroke a white cat cackling " villain. Mystique....eh shes effing batty butshe does what she does to survive
    soooo Sabretooth?

Quote Originally Posted by 2nd line g View Post
    When did they first go to more than one Xmen book a month, and what was it called?
    New Mutants
    Last edited by BroHomo; 07-23-2018 at 06:52 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    A dying industry as a whole. Digital comics and piracy
    If the stories and writing were as good as they used to be, I would imagine that people would want to own their own hard copies of the issues despite the opportunity to read pirated issues.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 2nd line g View Post
    When did they first go to more than one Xmen book a month, and what was it called?
    Huh?

Well the first spin-off X-Men book was The New Mutants in 1983 if that what's you meant.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    I never saw Magneto as a "stroke a white cat cackling " villain. Mystique....eh she does what she does to survive
    soooo Sabretooth?
    Bunn notes Magneto as a villain, and says there's no question of it.

Mystique has murdered her own children. Raped people, like Wolverine & sent the video to his lover. Turned into Rogue & tried to sleep with Gambit. I didn't read the story, but apparently she did something very bad to Dazzler at one point, whom Emma helps her get revenge on. Mystique is on the level with Sabretooth. Done bad things to survive, and done bad things just for the Hell of it, or because she was petty lol. After Destiny died, Sabretooth was her next love, and I think she's been with him longer. And they antagonize the X-Men together.

Mystique, Sabretooth, Magneto, and Emma are seen as villains by Marvel. Some have doubts on Magneto & Emma because despite ruthless methods, their goals are admirable. If they're not Saturday Morning Cartoon villains, then they aren't doing what they do to try to be evil 'mwuhahaha'. They just have a goal that they are willing to get nasty to achieve.

The family film, Kung Fu Panda. Tai Lung was the villain of that movie, and the creators say he doesn't consider himself a villain. He feels he's the hero of his story & has been unfairly wronged Then they mention fans had too much sympathy for him, and they had to go back & add him going on a rampage to make his jailing seem less cruel. The creators see him as a dangerous villain who needed to be dealt with. Some fans see his behavior as understandable, and don't consider him such.

Emma & Magneto seem to fall into that. Where creators see them as a layered villains, but many fans see them as anti-heroes. JDW says he thinks the 2 fighting the X-Men was better. And I think he may have meant that given the ruthless nature or Emma & Magneto, they should never be understood by the X-Men because of how far they have taken some things. So they are in conflict, not because those 2 are evil. So much as their methods are not accepted. Which can still make them villains, because they are dangerous to many since they don't have many lines they aren't willing to cross.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 07-23-2018 at 07:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Bunn notes Magneto as a villain, and says there's no question of it.

Mystique has murdered her own children. Raped people, like Wolverine & sent the video to his lover. Turned into Rogue & tried to sleep with Gambit. I didn't read the story, but apparently she did something very bad to Dazzler at one point, whom Emma helps her get revenge on. Mystique is on the level with Sabretooth. Done bad things to survive, and done bad things just for the Hell of it, or because she was petty lol. After Destiny died, Sabretooth was her next love, and I think she's been with him longer. And they antagonize the X-Men together.

Mystique, Sabretooth, Magneto, and Emma are seen as villains by Marvel. Some have doubts on Magneto & Emma because despite ruthless methods, their goals are admirable. If they're not Saturday Morning Cartoon villains, then they aren't doing what they do to try to be evil 'mwuhahaha'. They just have a goal that they are willing to get nasty to achieve.

The family film, Kung Fu Panda. Tai Lung was the villain of that movie, and the creators say he doesn't consider himself a villain. He feels he's the hero of his story & has been unfairly wronged Then they mention fans had too much sympathy for him, and they had to go back & add him going on a rampage to make his jailing seem less cruel. The creators see him as a dangerous villain who needed to be dealt with. Some fans see his behavior as understandable, and don't consider him such.

Emma & Magneto seem to fall into that. Where creators see them as a layered villains, but many fans see them as anti-heroes. JDW says he thinks the 2 fighting the X-Men was better. And I think he may have meant that given the ruthless nature or Emma & Magneto, they should never be understood by the X-Men because of how far they have taken some things. So they are in conflict, not because those 2 are evil. So much as their methods are not accepted. Which can still make them villains, because they are dangerous to many since they don't have many lines they aren't willing to cross.
    I remember a confession on Tumblr that said that Mystique was a better person than Wolverine because she raised her children and he killed then, like wow, i can't believe the mental gymnastics that you have to go throught to reach that conclusion lol.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I remember a confession on Tumblr that said that Mystique was a better person than Wolverine because she raised her children and he killed then, like wow, i can't believe the mental gymnastics that you have to go throught to reach that conclusion lol.
    Yeah. Mystique often seems to get lots of passes from people when she's just as fucked up as Creed. Maybe she didn't start off that way, and wasn't that way when Claremont was around. But since the 90's, her character has become a standard villain, and she's gotten more despicable as the years wore on. Again, like Sabretooth -who wasn't supposed to be as evil as he became.

Mystique casually abandoned Graydon as a hindrance when he turned out to be human. Then casually assassinated him because he helped hurt Destiny's family. She cares more about her lover's family than her own. lol Even Sabretooth respected him, and spared his life. Mystique did neither. What's that say about her when Sabretooth is the better parent? lol
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 07-23-2018 at 07:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Yeah. Mystique often seems to get lots of passes from people when she's just as fucked up as Creed. Maybe she didn't start off that way, and wasn't that way when Claremont was around. But since the 90's, her character has become a standard villain, and she's gotten more despicable as the years wore on. Again, like Sabretooth -who wasn't supposed to be as evil as he became.

Mystique casually abandoned Graydon as a hindrance when he turned out to be human. Then casually assassinated him because he helped hurt Destiny's family. She cares more about her lover's family than her own. lol Even Sabretooth respected him, and spared his life. Mystique did neither. What's that say about her when Sabretooth is the better parent? lol
    Eh, I'm not arguing who's worst between Mystique or Sabretooth( Creed is one of my faves tho) as people, but that seems kinda like an out of character moment for Sabretooth to spare Graydon, son or not. He was a mutant hating bigot, why would Sabretooth not kill him? Even in X-Men TAS it was implied that Creed killed his son.

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    Eh, I'm not arguing who's worst between Mystique or Sabretooth( Creed is one of my faves tho) as people, but that seems kinda like an out of character moment for Sabretooth to spare Graydon, son or not. He was a mutant hating bigot, why would Sabretooth not kill him? Even in X-Men TAS it was implied that Creed killed his son.
    Well Sabretooth has never really cared about mutants or their rights. Maverick gets on him for selling out his kind, and Creed made it clear he didn't care, and told Rick to save that talk for Magneto or Xavier.

He's also shown that he hates himself, and admitted it in Bunncanny when facing off with the mutant in the Dark Riders. So I don't guess Graydon's views bother him.

He seemed to respect how Graydon inherited his maliciousness, after killing Birdy to spite him.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 07-23-2018 at 08:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I'd argue that X-23 shows that Wolverine is the better parent, even if he is a flawed one in terms of execution.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    I'd argue that X-23 shows that Wolverine is the better parent, even if he is a flawed one in terms of execution.
    Can't forget Amiko, Jubilee, and Kitty. All daughter-figures he had.

Astonishing Member

Eh, a character doesn't have to be a cat-stroking, cackling, puppy kicking monster to be a 'villain.' One of my pet peeves is when any 'villian' is shown with any kind of depth and is automatically declared an anti-hero and needs to join the team. Even in 'real life' terrible people can have some good qualities, but they're still terrible people and shouldn't be trusted.

Magneto can be noble at times, for sure, but he also has his manic periods where he turns off the power over the whole world(imagine how many people would die in that instant on planes, in hospitals, performing certain jobs, etc) or crushes his followers for funsies. He, along with Doom, represent Marvel's best villains, in that they do destructive things, but have their reasons for it. Somehow in this era of moral relativism, that turned him into some kind of antihero for people out there, but let's be real. Emma to me has always been a selfish mean woman, even when she pretends to be helpful(almost always self-serving in the end). In any case, her having her own school of Hellions and trying to take over the world through the enslavement of her fellow mutants was narratively more compelling than trying to be a "hero". I'm glad Marvel is repositioning both of them into their original molds.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Magneto can be noble at times, for sure, but he also has his manic periods where he turns off the power over the whole world(imagine how many people would die in that instant on planes, in hospitals, performing certain jobs, etc) or crushes his followers for funsies. He, along with Doom, represent Marvel's best villains, in that they do destructive things, but have their reasons for it. Somehow in this era of moral relativism, that turned him into some kind of antihero for people out there, but let's be real. Emma to me has always been a selfish mean woman, even when she pretends to be helpful(almost always self-serving in the end). In any case, her having her own school of Hellions and trying to take over the world through the enslavement of her fellow mutants was narratively more compelling than trying to be a "hero". I'm glad Marvel is repositioning both of them into their original molds.
    I get that but it seems very regressive. There are ways to do it with better writing than the abrupt nature that we saw with Emma in IvX and currently with Magneto in Blue. The heel turn wasnt earned in either case. It screams of editorial influence rather than a natural evolution of where the character currently has been the past few years leading up to this.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Emma never wanted to conquer the world by enslaving mutants. She wanted power (but not public power like presidents or kings, she wanted to be the real power behind the scenes). And she thought mutants were an asset and the future. She did end up moving to Magneto's Genosha after Gen X, after all. To work as the teacher of the telepathy class. And she admitted she had to sing an anthem about the glory of Genosha and Magneto.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I get that but it seems very regressive. There are ways to do it with better writing than the abrupt nature that we saw with Emma in IvX and currently with Magneto in Blue. The heel turn wasnt earned in either case. It screams of editorial influence rather than a natural evolution of where the character currently has been the past few years leading up to this.
    Let's be real. Emma only stayed with the X-Men afer Genosha because she was bored and had fun playing with Scott. After the whole Phoenix-5 debacle(including psionic cannibalism), of course she would go crazy when Scott died. Even in the midst of her time 'as a hero' we still got scenes like this,

and this:

Emma's just mean and sadistic at her core. Has been since day one.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!