Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    Emma never wanted to conquer the world by enslaving mutants. She wanted power (but not public power like presidents or kings, she wanted to be the real power behind the scenes). And she thought mutants were an asset and the future. She did end up moving to Magneto's Genosha after Gen X, after all. To work as the teacher of the telepathy class. And she admitted she had to sing an anthem about the glory of Genosha and Magneto.
    She considered mutants as assets to be bought, sold, and traded.

Aka chattel slaves.

She was sent to Genosha, after killing her sister, stealing her fortune, and at the very least mind-wiping(if not killing) the police officer who was investigating her, by Xavier who knew she had to flee the country until he sorted everything out.
    Last edited by yogaflame; 07-23-2018 at 10:35 AM.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    She considered mutants as assets to be bought, sold, and traded. Aka chattel slaves. She was sent to Genosha, after killing her sister, stealing her fortune, and at the very least mind-wiping(if not killing) the police officer who was investigating her, by Xavier who knew she had to flee the country until he sorted everything out.
    You have some impressive revisionist history.

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    You have some impressive revisionist history.
    No, it's called canon.

I take it you haven't read Generation X #75?

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    I wholeheartedly agree with this 150%
    This on the the other hand....

How could this lead to good storytelling? Not considering I find those 4 to be the least interesting X-Men (thanks to an intro to New Mutants them GenX) but have four "stars" will eventually lead to stagnation and "bottlenecking" where every conceivable thing happens to a few characters while their are newer and newer chars getting crammed down with limbo and shitty story arcs
    Yeah, not interested in this lineup, either. They're best spread out.

I’m not getting into this argument again.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Let's be real. Emma only stayed with the X-Men afer Genosha because she was bored and had fun playing with Scott. After the whole Phoenix-5 debacle(including psionic cannibalism), of course she would go crazy when Scott died. Even in the midst of her time 'as a hero' we still got scenes like this,
    they never gave her a POV in IvX and its aftermath. I actually didnt mind what she did but it was too one note. If they delved into her head and the trauma she felt after losing Scott, it would have made more sense but they didnt. They just wrote her as a psychotic loon when in actuality the X-men failed her. I think there could have been an attempt to portray her as a tragic sympathetic character there but the route they went lacked any layers or charcater development
    Last edited by Havok83; 07-23-2018 at 11:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    I’m not getting into this argument again.
    Then don't try to say I'm revising history when I have the pages to prove my perspective.

BANNED

You can take any of the Xmen and break down all the evil things they've done for the sake of the good. Everyone of them has done something at some point that's glossed over.

But that's off topic....

Uncanny should be back...it reached 500 issues and should've kept going. Relaunches don't do anything. They're just glorified creative changes...it doesn't change a brand that never changes. It got to this point because of bad editors, poorly written stories, bad art, and increasing prices for rehashed stories that are watered down. There's an increase in people reading the books online for free. Some people decry this, but it isn't new. People used to read the books in the store before the internet. They did it because they wanted to know if it's something they should spend their money on, or not. And now that comics are much more expensive for a lot less content it isn't a surprise.
    Last edited by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost; 07-23-2018 at 11:08 AM.

So the logic of loading up one team is to make sure one book is good, and possibly let the other books suffer because the big names are elsewhere? I do agree that the best thing for the X-books is a long term flagship.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

What happened to Uncanny and to the X-Men line in general? Brand mis-management. And this is even before the Complex days - Joe Quesada has always shown little appreciation and understanding of the mutant titles and as soon as he came onboard he watered down the core books with a third X-Men book, completely destroyed X-Force (which he replaced with something great but with very little longevity), changed Cable, Deadpool and killed most of the continuity between the various titles. Character relationships suddenly stopped mattering, continuity stopped mattering, and the X-book became more dependant on having big-name creators writing and drawing them, while previously they would perform well regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    What happened to Uncanny and to the X-Men line in general? Brand mis-management. And this is even before the Complex days - Joe Quesada has always shown little appreciation and understanding of the mutant titles and as soon as he came onboard he watered down the core books with a third X-Men book, completely destroyed X-Force (which he replaced with something great but with very little longevity), changed Cable, Deadpool and killed most of the continuity between the various titles. Character relationships suddenly stopped mattering, continuity stopped mattering, and the X-book became more dependant on having big-name creators writing and drawing them, while previously they would perform well regardless.
    Agree with all this. I also think it was an editorially mandated shift in the writing style. The X-Men quit being a team and started being written with a couple of focus characters and the rest as supporting. For people who complain about X-Men Gold being about Kitty, that was Uncanny for over a decade, only it was about Cyclops, with Wolverine as an antagonist.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    You can take any of the Xmen and break down all the evil things they've done for the sake of the good. Everyone of them has done something at some point that's glossed over.

But that's off topic....

Uncanny should be back...it reached 500 issues and should've kept going. Relaunches don't do anything. They're just glorified creative changes...it doesn't change a brand that never changes. It got to this point because of bad editors, poorly written stories, bad art, and increasing prices for rehashed stories that are watered down. There's an increase in people reading the books online for free. Some people decry this, but it isn't new. People used to read the books in the store before the internet. They did it because they wanted to know if it's something they should spend their money on, or not. And now that comics are much more expensive for a lot less content it isn't a surprise.
    You’re entitled to your view of course but I don’t understand the concept of consuming something before deciding if you want to buy it.

I buy it, consume it, then if I don’t like it I won’t keep buying it.

Reading online for free may not be new but it’s certainly way more rampant. Also, even if people used to do it in comic shops, overall that increased sales of books. Sales 101: more foot traffic is more sales.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Hahaha, oops. That’s what I meant, yes.

Thanks! Very interesting and disappointing at the same time.

BANNED

This

All the bad stuff at marvel from the end of the Spider-Man marriage to the death of X can be traced to him

He allowed his own personal feelings to get in the way of what fans actually wanted

It's why marvel is trying to now reverse everything he did a decade later.

Of course the fox feud played a part in this and the disgusting treatment of X-Men and FF, that looks to be over thankfully and maybe a new era and fresh start can actually begin.

I still can't believe there were people who didn't believe the complex was real.