11 47.83%
  • Unsure

1 4.35%
  • No opinion

1 4.35%

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BANNED

Default Would you like to see Guy and Kyle in a space comic?

While Hal appeared in an Earth comic?

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    While Hal appeared in an Earth comic?
    Yes I would with Space Cabbie as a supporting regular character.....does anyone else like Space Cabbie or am I his only fan? Lol.
    Favorite Characters: Wolfsbane, Storm, Psylcoke, Beast, Feral, Tempo, Nightcrawler, Quicksilver

Favorite Titles: X-Men Red, Legion of X, Marauders, Hellions

If it was good I'd read it of course, but I think Kyle does better on earth. He's the Everyman of the GLC, it makes more sense and plays to his strengths to keep him on earth, with a job and a secret identity and all that.

And Guy never should have left the Reds in the first place; it was a perfect fit for him.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Guy was best in JLI. I don't think he should ever leave earth. Hal is better in space and looking forward to Morrison's run. It's the only thing besides Red Hood and Frank Millers books I'll be dropping money on. DC did ok with TV and movie this Comic Con but the announcements for the comics are pretty bad. Maybe I'll read Captain Marvel by Johns but it better not be decompressed and it needs to grab me from the first issue.

As with any comic, it would depend on the creators involved. A concept is only as good as its creators, after all. A good writer can make even the most ridiculous concept into something worth reading, while a poor creator can turn what should have been a sure-fire concept into a complete mess.

As for this particular concept, Kyle is one of my all-time favorite characters. Guy, I can take or leave. If I had my druthers, I'd prefer a Kyle solo set on Earth with occasional ventures into space, maybe with Guy popping up from time to time as a supporting character. But I'd want someone writing it who really gets Kyle as a character. Ron Marz and Grant Morrison really got Kyle. Other writers who have had their hand at the character, like Judd Winnick and Ben Raab, not so much. And Tom King wrote him so out of character in Omega Men it might as well have been a different character.

Sure, they work great together.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ERON View Post
    As with any comic, it would depend on the creators involved. A concept is only as good as its creators, after all. A good writer can make even the most ridiculous concept into something worth reading, while a poor creator can turn what should have been a sure-fire concept into a complete mess.

As for this particular concept, Kyle is one of my all-time favorite characters. Guy, I can take or leave. If I had my druthers, I'd prefer a Kyle solo set on Earth with occasional ventures into space, maybe with Guy popping up from time to time as a supporting character. But I'd want someone writing it who really gets Kyle as a character. Ron Marz and Grant Morrison really got Kyle. Other writers who have had their hand at the character, like Judd Winnick and Ben Raab, not so much. And Tom King wrote him so out of character in Omega Men it might as well have been a different character.
    While I totally agree with you in regards to Marz and Morrison, I actually thought Judd Winick's run was very VERY good. Especially his first year introducing Nero.
    The less said about Ben Raab's run the better. I thought that was truly HORRIBLE.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.