• No

11 47.83%
  • Unsure

1 4.35%
  • No opinion

1 4.35%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Maybe they can turn Green Lanterns into the buddy book?

Green Lantern Corps can be with the popular alien members (Arisia, Kilowag, etc) while the earth members rotate. One arc has Arisia, Kilowag, Bdg and John, then another story can replace John with Kyle and so forth.

Green Lanterns can probably be the book where you can do the buddy system. One arc has John and Hal then another has Guy and Kyle and etc.

Don't know if this will work but I'm just throwing out ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by ERON View Post
    Kyle in the Titans is actually a great idea. He's the same age, and had personal connections to them pre-Flashpoint that could easily be re-established.

As far as the problem of Hal and Kyle both being on Earth at the same time, how about this? Prior to Hal's resurrection, Kyle had little to do with the old GL Corps. He had more of a personal relationship with Alan Scott and Jade. So why not take Kyle out of the Corps entirely and tie his powers into the Starheart? Then you can have Kyle and Hal both active on Earth without stepping on each others' toes, so to speak.
    It's not the worst idea around. Though personally, I think there's more merit to the idea of having Jessica Cruz tied to the Starheart; her original Power Ring feels far closer to Allan's original stories than it does anything from the Corps.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Maybe they can turn Green Lanterns into the buddy book?

Green Lantern Corps can be with the popular alien members (Arisia, Kilowag, etc) while the earth members rotate. One arc has Arisia, Kilowag, Bdg and John, then another story can replace John with Kyle and so forth.

Green Lanterns can probably be the book where you can do the buddy system. One arc has John and Hal then another has Guy and Kyle and etc.

Don't know if this will work but I'm just throwing out ideas.
    I definitely think that, whatever shape the franchise takes, it should lean into the "buddy cop" vibe more than it usually does. We're supposed to have two Lanterns per Sector (that is still a thing, right?), they're space cops......the Lethal Weapon parallels are pretty obvious and this is a dynamic DC rarely uses.

I'm not terribly concerned about the details. I just think DC needs to figure out what shape the IP is going to take and how to utilize the roster to its utmost potential. It's a tall order, there's a lot of moving parts and you'll never satisfy the whole fanbase, but I think if each major Lantern (all six of them) find a niche that mostly fits their character, the fans will be satisfied, if not thrilled.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I was a fan of their teamup last time so I'd be game.

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    Well of course other variations are possible. But with Hal's supporting cast and background on Earth, and with his space adventures being long since worn out, it seems to me that Earth duty is the best role for him now, if you're not going to make him the Spectre.

By process of elimination, that leaves space for Guy and Kyle. But that doesn't mean you couldn't do a few furlough stories on Earth.

Re Guy as a Red Lantern and Kyle as a White Lantern: That failed, so there's no point in trying it again.
    Soule's Red Lanterns has been one of the few things to save among N52