View Poll Results: How should the X-Titles be named?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Color-Coded

15 39.47%
  • Ambiguously Grand Adjectives

13 34.21%
  • One "X-Men" title (with spin-offs)

8 21.05%
  • Other (specify)

2 5.26%

Default X-Line Naming Conventions

With Uncanny X-Men set to return in November, the X-Line's will presumably include the aforementioned flagship, Astonishing X-Men, and X-Men: Red.

What naming conventions for the line do you prefer and think is best for new/casual readers to differentiate between the different books?

X-Men Gold/Blue/Red/Black
    Uncanny X-Men, Astonishing X-Men, Amazing X-Men, X-Men, X-Men: Legacy, New X-Men
    or one main title with several spin-offs (New Mutants, Generation X, X-Force, X-Factor, Excalibur, etc)

color coded is a better move.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

We could name them after metals. Or rare elements.

X-Men Bronze
    X-Men Gold
    X-Men Silver
    X-Men Platinum
    X-Men Adamantium
    X-Men Vibranium
    X-Men Uru

I like color coding.
    Favorite Characters: Wolfsbane, Storm, Psylcoke, Beast, Feral, Tempo, Nightcrawler, Quicksilver

Favorite Titles: X-Men Red, Legion of X, Marauders, Hellions

I couldn't care less about the titles tbh.

BANNED

The color-coded teams grew on me. Though I prefer Blue & Gold over Red & Black- the words are less harsh idk. Anyway, color-coding is an easy distinction between teams, but I don't think it's the optimal way of naming X-Men titles. They seem a little basic, and the names don't have much weight.

Uncanny X-Men, X-Force, New Mutants, Gen X, Excalibur & X-Factor as titles have decent coverage and are all recognizable with some attached nostalgia. Extraordinary X-Men is decent enough, even if the run itself wasn't the best. Nyx would have been a great title had it not been used for that limited X-23 run.

I suppose the title isn't whats making me pick it up so its not critical. But if I had my way then Uncanny, X-Force + New Mutants would all be ongoings, just because they were among some of my first comics I picked up

Honestly it doesn't matter it is what inside that counts meaning creative team and group of x-characters but Colors are probably easier and would be pretty easy to design uniform and themes around a color. That said I prefer stuff like X-force (black ops) X-factor(government sanction) X-factor(detective agency) or X-factor(corporate owned superhero team) or Extinction Team(uncanny X-men) Rogues Rapid Response Team(X-Men). I think the Xmen are at their best when teams have set missions more than the standard stuff.

Black's just a set of weekly one-shots, so Red will be the only colour coded title left. I suspect it'll be renamed when it gets to it's third trade. It'll be odd if there's one odd name like that. I don't care what the books are called, just be consistent.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    Nyx would have been a great title had it not been used for that limited X-23 run.
    NYX would have been an ongoing, but the glacial release pace and delays killed it. Also, while X-23 was introduced in it and was part of the cast, Kiden Nixon was the main character (Laura wasn't even in the second miniseries). So NYX would still work as a street-based title.

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

I voted for one main X-Men book (Uncanny, obviously) with spin-offs, mainly X-Factor, X-Force and maybe New X-Men if we need a youth book.

If we're going adjectives, use Uncanny, Astonishing and Extraordinary*.

The colors made it easy to talk about the books in shorthand, but didn't really make sense beyond Gold and Blue since those are the two traditional X-colors.

*Despite how atrocious Lemire's run was, the name of the book itself was great.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

I didn't like color adjectives when there were only Blue & Gold, but now there are so many mutants and so many titles that I find it like a smart solution, mainly because this way all of them can be equally important and because there can be more or less titles according to necessities.

"Ambiguously Grand Adjectives", in any case, I find a bit outdated.