Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

I hope Marquez will be on Uncanny. His art is great.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I mean at this stage it HAS to be Hickman right? Rich ran the rumour of him signing with Marvel a while ago, and everything of significance for the "Fresh Start" has been announced except for the X-Men titles. At this point I will be surprised if it's not him.

BANNED

Marvel needs to cancel the other X-Men books. Having all these books with different writers, and with the X-Men cast fragmented, is keeping the plot in stasis. They need one writer to take the reigns, with the maximum amount of mutant characters available for them to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudman View Post
    Marvel needs to cancel the other X-Men books. Having all these books with different writers, and with the X-Men cast fragmented, is keeping the plot in stasis. They need one writer to take the reigns, with the maximum amount of mutant characters available for them to use.
    theres nothing wrong with multiple X-men books and it wouldnt be a problem if we had better editors that did their jobs effectively like we had in the 80s and even 90s (heck the early 00s was even still good). I dont think things got too bad until the Utopoa era to be honest. Thats when the brand really became diluted and we got all these continuity inconsistencies

Astonishing Member

I predict the writers on Uncanny X-Men will be . . .

Eric and Julia Lewald, who worked on the X-Men cartoon back in the '90s.

Okay, maybe not. But it sounds like something Marvel would do. And the most entertaining speculation (even when not true) is the stuff that seems a little crazy while still being in the realm of possibility.

Astonishing Member

the continuity problems begun at the end of the Utopia period, around 2011, the Schism period. I remember reading that Marvel fired many editors around the time. Before that continuity was followed pretty strictly (the Carey X-Men Legacy-PAD X-Factor period).

I also think Aaron hurt continuity a lot with his zany Wolverine and the X-Men book, he had a general "this is a comic book, comics are FUN, who cares about continuity" attitude. Mystique, Sabretooth, Sauron, and all the villains of his book, were comedy parodies of themselves.

When we had the adjectiveless xmen book with the all female cast around 2013, continuity was being ignored completely. That book ended with Colossus, Living Monolith and Cain Marko fighting to be the Juggernaut, and Marko-Juggernaut got a power upgrade that made him immune to telepathy even without the helmet. That (which was probably a huge mistake to do) has been ignored completely.
    After secret wars, Lemire has a story in which Anole, Ernst, Glob and Martha go to the future, Anole develops a full adult body during his time in the future and Martha gets a robot armor, that was also completely ignored.
    Those kinds of things were respected before, or at least, an editor would tell a writer to not do that, which is better than allowing a writer to do that, only to ignore it afterwards.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    theres nothing wrong with multiple X-men books and it wouldnt be a problem if we had better editors that did their jobs effectively like we had in the 80s and even 90s (heck the early 00s was even still good). I dont think things got too bad until the Utopoa era to be honest. Thats when the brand really became diluted and we got all these continuity inconsistencies
    Nothing wrong with having different books for different purposes, but the current books all lack a clear individual purpose, and seem to comprise lineups of characters that would be better off without being separated. I've given up on the idea of Marvel editorial doing their jobs, so the only way I can see forward for the X-Men is team books being written by a single writer, with a few solo titles by others.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudman View Post
    Hear hear! X-Men has never been as good as it was under Lord Claremont. One writer, one vision, even over a few titles(Uncanny, New Mutants, Wolverine, Excalibur) is the best, especially over the course of a decade and a half! Of course, that would never fly in today's climate, but at least the editors need to step up and actually edit the line, and the various writers, to keep things consistent, intelligently evolving, and on-brand!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Amazing Member

Greatest X-Men runs ever:

1° X-Men Evolution
    2° Whedon
    3° Morrison
    4° Aaron's Wolverine and the X-Men
    5° X-Men: Red
    6° Claremont/Byrne

Spin offs

1° Uncanny X-Force(Remender)
    2° X-Force Kyost
    3° New Mutants - Claremont and Zeb Wells

The best way to pull the X-corner back into top statis is to borrow a page from the era when it was most successful. Have multiple titles and very few writers.
    Uncanny SHOULD be the flagship title with flagship characters. It should have Cyclops, Wolverine, Colossus, Rogue, Gambit, Angel and Psylocke.
    Change X-men Red to simply XMen and have Jean, Storm, Beast, Iceman, Forge, Maggot, and M.
    Astonishing XMen should be Havok, Polaris, Longshot, Dazzler, Guido and SunSpot
    Extraordinary XMen with Kitty, Nightcrawler, Cable, Rachel, Cannonball, Boom Boom and Quicksilver.

I would like the team to be characters that aren't on another team. Uncanny is the flagship title and should have the heavy hitters on the team.

BANNED

Tom Taylor has another Marvel book coming that he can't talk about.

http://comicbinge.com/x-men-writer-t...-at-sdcc-2018/

Here's to hoping.

I hope it isn't Uncanny X-men or Wolverine.

BANNED

• Soule or Guggenheim writing is the worst possible outcome. Their incarnations of the X-Men are my least favorite from any run I've read. I'm dreading the reveal of the roster- Soule returned Xavier (kinda) as the mysterious X, Wolverine has returned, Kitty Killjoy is unaccounted for post-Gold and X-Editor Jordan D.White and a couple writers are fond of Sage. There's this peculiar fascination with Glob Herman and Quentin Quire too. The SDCC panel indicated big plans for Quire too- which would be the absolute worst. Honestly, Uncanny X-Men could be the worst thing, and I'm hoping editorial don't screw us over.
    • White indicated Storm, Psylocke & Jubilee will be in a title together (not including Mystery in Madripoor), so I'm thinking that's probably this one. Furthermore, an X-Men Monday teaser with art by Mahmud Asrar shows Bishop & Jubilee. So that potentially accounts for four team members.
    • I'd say the likelihood of Iceman & Angel being on the team is high. They're the only remaining members (living ones anyway) of the O5 not on a team book. Bobby's solo might be enough to keep him busy. But regarding Warren, I'd be surprised if he didn't follow Betsy wherever she ends up.
    • Then there's Rogue, one of the most iconic X-Men, who's also not on a team book right now. I could see her being central to the new flagship, especially with some of the bonds she shares with other core X-Men. Her now-husband Gambit is already taken, both by Red + MMX and I don't think he'll be playing in three books simultaneously.
    • There remains a number of characters unaccounted for. Cable. Polaris. Emma Frost. Magik. Cannonball. Sunspot. Chamber. Monet. Rictor. Shatterstar. Multiple Man. All the X-kids. There's no shortage of X-Men and I hope editorial get the best possible combination.
    • Overall though, I'd say one of the most exciting possibilities is a returned Cyclops, who may or may not be making a comeback during the Extermination. Marvel has brought back every other A-Lister so I'd like to see Cyclops back too. Especially if Psylocke, Angel & Iceman are among the Uncanny X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse-James View Post
    I think we can conclude Uncanny might have Wolverine on it, as he needs to be on an X-Men team for sure.
    Does he need to be though? I'm not a big fan of Wolverine anyway, but I would argue that a number of his most interesting stories were spent away from the X-Men.
    I don't think Logan would even want to be back on a team so soon after his return, given that he's been dead for an extended period of time and much has changed in his absence.
    And what would his role be nowadays? We got to a point where Logan was a leader among the X-Men- is that something fans want back? Personally, I'm loving seeing women leading all the X-Teams right now. Regardless, would he take a backseat? And how would his placement on a flagship title impact the overall trajectory of the narrative- Logan is such a big character that he'd likely overshadow the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    I would love it to be an event title like Avengers No surrender with a lot of X-Men and different teams.
    I'd be cool with that but building a cohesive story with that many characters, and with a solid creative team, seems like a lot of work, and it'd be difficult to unite the titles we've got right now. I'd love to see something like this, but maybe once the other books are properly established and not otherwise occupied with other threats (like Cassandra Nova)

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    I just hope the artists aren't ones whose styles I dislike. Looking at you, Ramos and Bachalo.
    Give me Russell Dauterman and Pepe Larraz!
    Couldn't agree with you more. Ramos & Bachalo aren't for me. I would LOVE to have Dauterman or Larraz on an X-Men ongoing.

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    With Jordan mentioning 4 issues having already been written and lots of pages drawn, and also given that Blue and Gold have been coming out bi-weekly, I think we can assume we are getting AT LEAST a bi-weekly Uncanny book. I think it would make sense to have it even 3 times a month or weekly given that Astonishing and Red are already drifting down the charts and can't bring the level of sales a "core" X-Men book generates.
    The lengthy wait between issues really fragments the story, so bi-weekly issues would be great. So long as the quality doesn't falter, then having content more regularly is certainly a huge plus in terms of keeping readers interacting with the story, and getting to tell tales with the entirety of the roster, and thus being able to look at very different stories without time constraints or fears of having the run cut short before you get to an idea.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Just give me a book with these 4:
    Jean
    Wolverine
    Cyclops
    Storm
    Do we really want vanilla love-triangle stuff going on? My feelings on Wolverine have probably been made clear, but this isn't for me. Besides, X-Men Red already delivers Jean & Ororo, and I suspect the best is yet to come.

Quote Originally Posted by bishop66 View Post
    I can say with about 99.9 percent confidence that its Dauterman and Asrar on art for Uncanny X-Men 2 times a month.....with I'm sure Bachalo coming on as well further down the line.............as for writer this is an extremely guarded secret, not one of the people I usually get my info from know for sure..its not Claremont though I've heard he has some other x-related things coming after X-Men Black....still gonna say Hickman with Soule, Duggan or Brisson as the second choice......we will get the news probably after Extermination issue 1 ships and Cyclops returns
    Hell yes for Dauterman + Asrar. Please no Bachalo.

As for the writer, I'd happily take Duggan or Brisson. Soule hasn't delivered the best X-Men stories; Astonishing was terrible and misused, or simply didn't use, most of the roster, and the story became bland and predictable within a few issues. Hickman would be interesting but there's nothing solid that indicates he's even interested in coming back to Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    People really don’t think Kitty is gonna be in a book? I’m thinking she has to be in this.
    Wishful thinking. I feel like Excalibur will return eventually so Kitty and Rachel may land there. I hope she's not on this after having been in the spotlight for the X-Books for so long.

Quote Originally Posted by nnelg View Post
    I would like the team to be characters that aren't on another team. Uncanny is the flagship title and should have the heavy hitters on the team.
    Agreed. My personal preferences would be that all characters aren't on more than one team at any given time. Even those I love most don't need to be spread across various titles when there's such a rich well of characters to pull from. I don't see why Uncanny needs to have Jean, Storm, Nightcrawler, Beast etc. when they're already accounted for (and under competent writers may I add)

Heavy hitters? Absolutely. I expect nothing less. But choose ones that aren't already in use. Cyclops, Psylocke, Angel, Iceman, Rogue, Polaris, Jubilee, Bishop etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    Tom Taylor has another Marvel book coming that he can't talk about.

http://comicbinge.com/x-men-writer-t...-at-sdcc-2018/
    I doubt he'd be given Red AND Uncanny. Putting the fate of the entirety of the X-Men in the hands of one writer seems unlikely. But I'm very interested in what this mystery project is- New Avengers or Defenders following his Adamantium Agenda perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if Rachel and Forge don't end up joining the Red team considering the crucial parts they will play, currently play and have played in the story.

just rename it Nation X or Extraordinary X-Men. Adjectiveless X-Men always never say well with me.
    What role
    Does Rachel have in red?
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?