Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    You just have to google the director and the screenwriters to loose all interest in THIS Joker. JP is a great actor, though.
    I disagree. One could have said the same thing about the Russos before they made The Winter Soldier.

You just have to google the director and the screenwriters to loose all interest in THIS Joker. JP is a great actor, though.
    My jumping off point was seeing the makeup. How did they manage to make him look less like the Joker after applying the clown makeup? That takes a special level of incompetence.

You're assuming that's his final look. Maybe that's his first pass.

Fantastic Member MarkRodriguez09's Avatar

Problem is, without the acid bath he's just another random guy in clown make up. Getting a lot of 'Ledger but not quite' vibes coming from those new subway pics.
    Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
    I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/

Quote Originally Posted by MarkRodriguez09 View Post
    Problem is, without the acid bath he's just another random guy in clown make up. Getting a lot of 'Ledger but not quite' vibes coming from those new subway pics.
    There's more to joker then a acid bath orgin see TDK.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Calighoula View Post
    I disagree. One could have said the same thing about the Russos before they made The Winter Soldier.
    The Half in the Bag Episode about Hangover III is pretty discouraging

Yes because all directors and screenwriters haven't and never will get better if you don't like there work never give them another try.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

No its just that they made their money with fratboy crap once and why would I want to forgive that?

No its just that they made their money with fratboy crap once and why would I want to forgive that?
    forgiveness? That means your holding some sort of grudge look a bad movies a bad movie maybe the next one is better maybe not you can at least see a full trailer before you decide if the movie is for you or not.

The Half in the Bag Episode about Hangover III is pretty discouraging
    Hated

Joaquin makes kino.
    BB

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    My jumping off point was seeing the makeup. How did they manage to make him look less like the Joker after applying the clown makeup? That takes a special level of incompetence.
    He looks a lot like Joker looked in Batman: The Dark Prince Charming. The diamond pattern around the eyes. So you can't say he isn't comic book accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkRodriguez09 View Post
    To be fair, there were a lot of "ehhh.... that's not quite Joker" vibes from ledger prior to the release of the movie.

Somepeople changed their mind watching it. Other didn't.

The first Hangover movie, sequels aside is one of my favroite comedies of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    To be fair, there were a lot of "ehhh.... that's not quite Joker" vibes from ledger prior to the release of the movie.

Somepeople changed their mind watching it. Other didn't.
    I never liked the way Heath Joker looked. He just looked like a guy wearing sloppily applied white paint on his face, and the smile looked terrible. At least in the Joaquin Joker subway scene the paint looks
    more neatly applied to and looks more like the traditional Joker, even if it too is just paint. I mean we got Jared Joker, who seemed to obviously have white skin and not just paint (otherwise DAMAGED
    wouldn't have been visible) and overall that was a bad look. So paint vs actual skin color is secondary to whether someone can give a convincing performance as Joker.