Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516

Quote Originally Posted by BatKeaton View Post
    Oh well:

Not only Batman is the bestselling comic book all around the world (in America, the title is always #1), but he's the most successful and profitable cinematic solo superhero. His franchise/brand grossed 4.9 billion of dollars, without even considering "Suicide Squad" (where he stars in, as well as his archenemy), the 2004's Catwoman solo movie and the upcoming Joker movie. I think these three movies should be inserted into the final gross as well.
    Nobody beats Batman.
    If we are talking about Pure profit Spiderman beats everyone. His merchandise sales are ridiculous like he moves more Merchandise by himself then THE avengers, Superman, and Batman combined. Kids love Spiderman. Then Spiderman has made like 5.2b at the boxoffice without including Civil war,IW, or Venom. I prefer Batman but yea unless you dont Include kids in the debate Spiderman is the Wolrds biggest superhero overall. But with adults I'm sure like both of us alot of people prefer Batman.

Not only Batman is the bestselling comic book all around the world (in America, the title is always #1),
    Not even close. One piece and Donald duck are listed as the best selling comics world wide and superman is listed as best selling in America. Casper the friendly ghost sells more then batman worldwide! Batman comes in second in floppy sales however behind superman and before Spider-Man in america.

http://ppcorn.com/us/the-top-9-best-...s-of-all-time/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...g_comic_series

https://bestlifeonline.com/best-selling-comic-books/

Retired

Watching reactions to the JOKER trailer, I found that a lot of people don't know who Joaquin Phoenix is or how to pronounce his name--but they know who Zazie Beetz is and feel compelled to say her name as soon as she appears on screen. Other than Phoenix and Robert De Niro, I have no idea who the other actors are, nor do I care.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Watching reactions to the JOKER trailer, I found that a lot of people don't know who Joaquin Phoenix is or how to pronounce his name--but they know who Zazie Beetz is and feel compelled to say her name as soon as she appears on screen. Other than Phoenix and Robert De Niro, I have no idea who the other actors are, nor do I care.
    The amazing thing is how many people are reacting to the trailer. I don't recall that many people reacting to the trailer of Aquaman, Captain Marvel, or Shazam! Most these people I have never even heard of.
    And the reaction to other other trailers wasn't nearly as enthusiastic. Seems like everyone was blown away by the trailer. Even the ones that had their doubts going in.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Not even close. One piece and Donald duck are listed as the best selling comics world wide and superman is listed as best selling in America. Casper the friendly ghost sells more then batman worldwide! Batman comes in second in floppy sales however behind superman and before Spider-Man in america.

http://ppcorn.com/us/the-top-9-best-...s-of-all-time/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...g_comic_series

https://bestlifeonline.com/best-selling-comic-books/
    When I was a senior in high school we hosted a German foreign exchange student and he brought a bunch of Donald Duck comics. Apparently he's really big over in Europe.
    Assassinate Putin!

Mighty Member

If there is one thing I do find baffling is that in the comic book the Joker was scarred. It was his disfigurement which essentially created his persona.

Heath Ledger wore makeup, but he was still badly scarred beneath it.
    I don't have a problem with film makers taking liberties, in some ways they can enhance the plot. I always loved the relationship between Rogue and Wolverine in the first two X Men movies, I was disappointed it was never developed more. But I'm just bewildered that this Joker is presented as simply a man who gets bullied. Phoenix is an amazing actor,. But.....Heath Ledger's Joker is a very hard act to follow.

Quote Originally Posted by BatKeaton View Post
    Oh well:

Not only Batman is the bestselling comic book all around the world (in America, the title is always #1), but he's the most successful and profitable cinematic solo superhero. His franchise/brand grossed 4.9 billion of dollars, without even considering "Suicide Squad" (where he stars in, as well as his archenemy), the 2004's Catwoman solo movie and the upcoming Joker movie. I think these three movies should be inserted into the final gross as well.
    Nobody beats Batman.
    What. Does. This. Have to do with this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by motherofpearl1 View Post
    If there is one thing I do find baffling is that in the comic book the Joker was scarred. It was his disfigurement which essentially created his persona.

I don't have a problem with film makers taking liberties, in some ways they can enhance the plot. I always loved the relationship between Rogue and Wolverine in the first two X Men movies, I was disappointed it was never developed more. But I'm just bewildered that this Joker is presented as simply a man who gets bullied. Phoenix is an amazing actor,. But.....Heath Ledger's Joker is a very hard act to follow.
    I'm guessing it's going to be more then just being bullied like he's mom and GF being murdered or something.

Retired

Original Joker wasn't scarred. He was affected by the chemicals, with his skin turned white, his hair turned green and his mouth contorted in a rictus grin. You could call that scarring, but it was never treated that way originally. Although original original, Joker was given no origin at all and you could have assumed that he simply wore clown make-up. The chemical bath is what Nicholson's Joker got. Ledger's Joker was a revolution in concept, by having him just wear make-up--the only unnatural thing being the scars on his mouth. The Leto Joker seems to be all natural, with everything done to his body being by choice and not forced upon him. The Phoenix Joker appears to be further on that trend toward explaining the Joker as purely choosing such an appearance and not having anything imposed upon him.

Quote Originally Posted by motherofpearl1 View Post

Technically he isn't following Heath Ledger's act, he's following Leto's. The more Jokers we get, the less Ledger's is this untouchable stumbling block in the way of new interpretations.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Original Joker wasn't scarred. He was affected by the chemicals, with his skin turned white, his hair turned green and his mouth contorted in a rictus grin. You could call that scarring, but it was never treated that way originally. Although original original, Joker was given no origin at all and you could have assumed that he simply wore clown make-up. The chemical bath is what Nicholson's Joker got. Ledger's Joker was a revolution in concept, by having him just wear make-up--the only unnatural thing being the scars on his mouth. The Leto Joker seems to be all natural, with everything done to his body being by choice and not forced upon him. The Phoenix Joker appears to be further on that trend toward explaining the Joker as purely choosing such an appearance and not having anything imposed upon him.
    Let'os joker I assume was knocked in by batman. Harley did it by choice and Joker went again but I didnt think Joker did the first time. Now the idea they just hanging out in chemicals was dumb af. Especialy ones strong enough to do that to you