Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    Until they give me a clue how Joker works without Batman they can throw all the teasers they want at me. Doesn't matter what he looks like, I'm not interested until they show how this concept can possibly work.
    I'm guessing a Goodfellas with make-up sort of thing?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I'm guessing a Goodfellas with make-up sort of thing?
    Is that necessary then? Why wouldn't I just watch Goodfellas without the makeup?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    Is that necessary then?
    Is any film medium necessary?
    Is having films at all necessary?

Until they give me a clue how Joker works without Batman they can throw all the teasers they want at me. Doesn't matter what he looks like, I'm not interested until they show how this concept can possibly work.
    This is largely what you are saying. It worked just fine.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joker_(graphic_novel)

Is that necessary then? Why wouldn't I just watch Goodfellas without the makeup?
    Because you haven't already seen it and it maybe good and different?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by MarkRodriguez09 View Post
    Ugh... I'm hoping this is just some protoype or whatever until he actually falls in the vat of acid. Maybe he'll have the accident until the end, but that kinda means we're stuck with Chuckles for the entire movie.
    Why do you assume he's going to fall into a vat of acid at all? I've a feeling this isn't going to be the Joker origin you're looking for.....

Quote Originally Posted by DennisTheMenace View Post
    Why do you assume he's going to fall into a vat of acid at all? I've a feeling this isn't going to be the Joker origin you're looking for.....
    Was gonna say, you might be setting yourself up for major disappointment. I suggest you have no story expectations, just assume it's a brand new tale for the film. At least then, they can pleasantly surprise you if they choose to pull heavily from a book.

That logic can also mean - Now that we have Goodfellas, why make any mafia ever again? Which everyone knows isn't going to happen.

Although after seeing the pictures, I think Joaquin looks more like the Joker without any makeup than he does once it is applied.

Extraordinary Member

This looks more directed at the arthouse crowd more than comic fans. Phoenix might be one of the only actors who can pull this type of thing off, that transitional facial expression from smiling to exasperation was brilliant.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    This looks more directed at the arthouse crowd more than comic fans. Phoenix might be one of the only actors who can pull this type of thing off, that transitional facial expression from smiling to exasperation was brilliant.
    When has a superhero movie ever been directed at comics fans? We're way too small a demographic to aim movies at.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    When has a superhero movie ever been directed at comics fans? We're way too small a demographic to aim movies at.
    Eh I'd say these movies are made to appeal to ga and traditional comic fans. This seems to be going for a different crowd.

Extraordinary Member

I am beginning to think that they are gonna use John Wayne Gacy as a model and the Joker is going to be a less a crime boss/robber and more of a "realistic" serial killer or a proto serial killer.

Think a big budget episode of Criminal Minds with the Joker as the Monster Of the Week/Season Arc Arch-Psycho.

Mind you, I REALLY hope I'm wrong.

Incredible Member Master Planner's Avatar

On one hand, i always thought that Phoenix would be a great Joker and it was one of those who i wanted to take Ledger's place if Nolan wanted to use Joker in Rises. From what we saw,he looks more close to Romero/Ledger in style than the extravagant gangster of Leto's version.That's a good thing.

On the other hand,i am still against making a Joker-centered movie and an origin one,because part of Joker's appeal is his mysterious past.
    " I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Previously known as Nefarius

"The New Joker Movie Is Going to Be Good and You’re All Just Going to Have to Deal With It"

https://freebeacon.com/blog/new-joke...st-going-deal/

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Calighoula View Post
    "The New Joker Movie Is Going to Be Good and You’re All Just Going to Have to Deal With It"

https://freebeacon.com/blog/new-joke...st-going-deal/
    You just have to google the director and the screenwriters to loose all interest in THIS Joker. JP is a great actor, though.