Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

The subway picture I actually like way better then the Teaser video. I get a Joker swagger from that pic. Hopefully that's prior to the chemical bath and we get a more traditional looking Joker by movies end. But it didnt make me think Chuckles the clown like the teaser did.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    The subway picture I actually like way better then the Teaser video. I get a Joker swagger from that pic. Hopefully that's prior to the chemical bath and we get a more traditional looking Joker by movies end. But it didnt make me think Chuckles the clown like the teaser did.
    People need to calm down. We have seen 0.1% of the movie so far. So who knows what takes place in the other 99.9% of the movie or where these clips and pictures fit into the movie's timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    People need to calm down. We have seen 0.1% of the movie so far. So who knows what takes place in the other 99.9% of the movie or where these clips and pictures fit into the movie's timeline.
    Bingo. When they move to the soundstages, nobody will get anything till the trailer barring a few more still images.

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

The chemical bath isn't necessary. Not if there's no Batman to accidentally knock him in there, and inadvertently create his greatest foe.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    The chemical bath isn't necessary. Not if there's no Batman to accidentally knock him in there, and inadvertently create his greatest foe.
    Tbh I really can take or leave the “Batman knocks the man who would be Joker into a vat of acid”. I hate how so many writers have a hard on for both keeping that origin but then trying to have the Joker’s identity be unknown. Either do it like Ledger and have him be a complete mystery or do it like Batman 89 and give the guy a real background. Don’t tell me he’s some scmuck that was turned into the Joker by happenstance but his life was a mystery and we know nothing about him

Leto's Joker which is still in effect also fell into the vat, technically twice. I don't think we need that repeated imagery in this short time span. Why give an audience the excuse to be reminded of your most recent joker, more than they already will by way of them being the same character.

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    True but I'd still like his paint to look more like classic Joker

I hope they use "Laughing" for the first actual trailer
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

True but I'd still like his paint to look more like classic Joker
    The diamond pattern on the eyes does look sort of like Joker in the book Batman: The Dark Prince Charming. I wonder if that was intentional or just a coincidence?

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Tbh I really can take or leave the “Batman knocks the man who would be Joker into a vat of acid”. I hate how so many writers have a hard on for both keeping that origin but then trying to have the Joker’s identity be unknown. Either do it like Ledger and have him be a complete mystery or do it like Batman 89 and give the guy a real background. Don’t tell me he’s some scmuck that was turned into the Joker by happenstance but his life was a mystery and we know nothing about him
    Honestly, I think that works better for the character then giving him an actual identity prior to being The Joker.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    I hope they use "Laughing" for the first actual trailer
    I agree. I thought it was very effective and appropriate in the teaser.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    He looks a lot like Joker looked in Batman: The Dark Prince Charming. The diamond pattern around the eyes. So you can't say he isn't comic book accurate.

It isn't the comic accuracy or lack thereof that bothers me. It's that without makeup Phoenix looks like a perfect candidate to turn into the Joker, but somehow every feature that should be made better with the facepaint instead got covered up. Which to me comes across as pure incompetence from the makeup department, and since that image was officially released, says also that the director can't see that.

Working with natural features is makeup 101. Working against them so drastically is a bad sign.

I guess if I knew more on what the story was about, I could have a reaction. I'm neutral so far.

The more i watch the subway video the more the make u pk grows on me. I means it's mostly the swagger Phoenix has when he walks. Its way more iconic Joker then Ledgers Akward movements. And Lwdgers make up looked horrible too but the performance made it all work cause ledger made it his own. So I'm actually really3 excited to see what Phoenix does

Mighty Member

DC's 'Joker' Movie Reveals Chilling First Poster, Trailer Coming Tomorrow

DC is taking a deep dive into the terrifying psyche of its most iconic villain, as Todd Phillips and Joaquin Phoenix are teaming up for a solo Joker film, hitting theaters later this year. Unlike every other DC movie to-date, this Joker flick will be a completely different tone, promising a deeper, darker story than we've ever seen. On Tuesday, Phillips shared the first poster from the movie, and it's lining up with everything we've been hearing so far: This movie is going to be twisted.

The poster shows nothing but Phoenix's Arthur Fleck, the man who becomes the Joker, looking into the sky with blood and makeup on his face. The tagline beneath the logo simply reads, "Put on a Happy Face." Phillips also revealed, along with the poster, that the first teaser trailer would be arriving online Wednesday.

Take a look at the first Joker poster below!

I think I already have a good idea how this story is going to be. It could be good.