Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516 LastLast

I'm definitely in the camp that thinks this looks good. I mean it's a Joker origin film set before Bruce was orphaned, what does anyone think that should look like? Considering that context, I think it looks like an intriguing Elseworlds movie, and definitely a good movie if nothing else. Eh, I'm sold anyways. Luckily it was cheap to make, so it doesn't need to be a billion dollar blockbuster to be considered a success. Hopefully it does well enough WB feels confident doing more unique films like this in the future. The genre could use the variety. And there's usually not a lot of comic book films in October, so I'll probably manage to catch it in theaters.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by trooper_thorn View Post
    Funnily enough I saw somebody on Twitter theorizing that this could be an "unreliable narrator" situation where the Joker is telling his story and therefore it's possibly just made up.

Anyway, it looks interesting.
    That could be a cool way to go with it maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    So basically what I am seeing from the comments is that if you were expecting a remake of The Dark Knight, this isn't a movie for you. If you want to see a re-imagined version of Joker, instead of the same old stuff, you might like it.
    Sort of a Superman: The Movie verses Man of Steel sort of thing.
    I mean I guess technically anything they do and put Jokers name on would be a remagining. But yea for all its decisiveness MoS was a superman movie. Maybe not the tone people wanted but if you called the movie strong guy ppl would say that's superman. This trailer just looks like a dude who performs as a clown is slowly loosing his marbles. The next trailer might show him doing some actual Joker esque stuff. All that said it looks good and I wanna see more at this point.

But you could remove gotham and make it New York and call it chuckles and I'd be like ok its a movie about a crying clown who slowly morphs into some crazy killer(I assume most the trailer was him getting hurt not the other way around so that's just an assumption because hes the joker. If this wasnt Joker I might not know where hes was going or how far untill we see more)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    That could be a cool way to go with it maybe.
    Personally would not be a fan of watching a 120 minute movie to have the reveal be that the whole story was made up by the main character. Kind of like a time travel story where everything the hero does was for nothing because ultimately it was all resolved by going back a week in time and preventing the story catalyst from happening in the first place.

Just don't get the "It's not a comic book movie..." take.

If anything, this Gotham looks the most like the Gotham that would orphan a kid who would one day put on become Batman. It's the first time it has actually looked enough like a city that is on the edge and about to go over.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Looking at the IMDB page one of the roles is a "social worker". There's also some sort of gala event. I'm wondering if the death of the Waynes isn't in the movie. The kid playing Bruce is certainly young enough.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Looking at the IMDB page one of the roles is a "social worker". There's also some sort of gala event. I'm wondering if the death of the Waynes isn't in the movie. The kid playing Bruce is certainly young enough.
    That(well, more than that) didn't hit you right off the bat?

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Just don't get the "It's not a comic book movie..." take.

If anything, this Gotham looks the most like the Gotham that would orphan a kid who would one day put on become Batman. It's the first time it has actually looked enough like a city that is on the edge and about to go over.
    It looks like New York

Ok so not trying to start a DC VS marvel thing but between aquaman shazam and probably this I think things are finally starting to shift in DC favor.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Ok so not trying to start a DC VS marvel thing but between aquaman shazam and probably this I think things are finally starting to shift in DC favor.
    I wouldn’t say in their favor but they’re definitely on the right track and in the game as it were. They’ve put the divisive Snyder stuff behind them and have turned the corner. Joker shows that it doesn’t have to be in continuity. If someone has a good story to tell with a DC property they’re willing to give them a shot. I think it’s a great strategy.

BANNED

Anything Joker has my attention, but separating that the best I can....I dug this trailer. It was what a tease should be - give you just enough to wet your appetite for more. It's creepy, sympathetic, weird, absurd, etc.

It has my attention for sure.

Retired

It's funny that if you look at the first SHAZAM! trailer and this trailer, they are cut in the same way, with comparable scenes, even though the tone is completely different. Both open with a wide shot of the city, then a female councilor talking to the main character. There's a scene with bullies giving a beat down and a scene on a commuter train. I'd like to see someone use the sound track from the JOKER trailer for the SHAZAM! trailer and vice a versa.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    That(well, more than that) didn't hit you right off the bat?
    But it makes me wonder if Joker didn't have something to do with it...again.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    But it makes me wonder if Joker didn't have something to do with it...again.
    That was the first place my mind went.

It will be interesting to see where they go with it.

I'm getting Taxi Driver and King of Comedy vibes from this newest trailer.