Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Noticed that a couple of folks online have mentioned that it seems like what might be the suit coat in that poster looks like it could be along the same lines as one of Rupert's in the Scorsese film The King Of Comedy.

Don't know. Seems like it could be a dress shirt, but the pattern certainly seems like it could be a nod.

Mighty Member

intriguing. so it looks like this Gotham is set up to be 70s era NYC, kind of. hmm.
    Joker as Travis Bickle, maybe. Hmm...
    Last edited by Hypestyle; 04-03-2019 at 06:31 AM.

Have to wait for a full trailer with more in it but nothing about this requires him being Joker. Like him being Joker doesn't feel necessary but the name appeal will help. So I'm worried this is a story that didnt have Joker in mind at all and they just slapped that name on to help sale tickets. Still looks intersting but I'll have to wait for another trailer to say if ima see it right away or not. I'm leaning towards yes

Retired

I got so emotional watching that trailer, I don't need to see anymore--I just want the movie now. I understand why the hype train has to start so early for movies, but what are we supposed to do with all this excitement in the meanwhile?

I don't like it. Why does this movie need the Joker? Put any average joe named John Smith and it's the same thing. The last thing I want to see is sympathetic Joker.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    I don't like it. Why does this movie need the Joker? Put any average joe named John Smith and it's the same thing. The last thing I want to see is sympathetic Joker.
    I like what I see as a movie but it's not Joker. It's almost fitting to have De Niro in it given this is Joker crossed with Travis Bickle.

it's not hurting anything. and it's not worse than Leto's version. that's all that I can ask for.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

It's a solid trailer, I was skeptical about a Joker movie but at least it looks well crafted. I don't think I mind that it's so much of a departure from most portrayals, I really wouldn't want to seen a more typical Joker as a protagonist in anything to be honest.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

So if this catches on and is a hit, what is the likelihood this will create a spinoff DC cinematic universe? Maybe another stand along Batman universe?
    Assassinate Putin!

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    So if this catches on and is a hit, what is the likelihood this will create a spinoff DC cinematic universe? Maybe another stand along Batman universe?
    Sounds unlikely, but you never know with money. One of the reasons Phoenix took on the role was because that while he wanted to play a comic character he didn't want to commit to multi-film contracts. I think Joker is supposed to be the start of DC making more or less stand alone films again.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

The trailer sold me on the movie.

This trailer was a huge letdown to me. If they didn't say "gotham" in one line of this trailer would you know it was a joker movie? Looks like you could replace joker and the waynes with any name and it would not chance the plot. Joker had a comic in the 70s so he can carry a movie but this just feels like a guy in a crappy clown mask and not really a joker movie. Also the mom thing is making me think the penguin and his mom from gotham.

Sorry wb maybe the next trailer but this one was a huge letdown to me.

Looks like it’ll be pretty good! Very much a stand-alone thing, and more Joker in name only, but a good movie none the less.

I’ll definitely see it.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Its as bad as the 'New Mutants' trailer