Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    I think they make you route for Joker. He'll probably only embrace his darker urges and surrender to insanity at the end of the film. So whomever the antagonist is, they are gonna be the worst kinda evil. So when joker snaps and does something joker esque to the antagonist we cheer for him. Yea it ends with him now being broken and finding himself in insanity and chaos. But alot of movies have tragic endings. But you can take the edge off by having joker do his thing on the worst kinda person.
    I'm thinking of the "It's Joker Time!" story now.

Blech, the buggy site makes it so all posts are double posts...
    Last edited by Gray Lensman; 07-29-2018 at 11:50 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    TWhy does a movie have to be about a hero? If Joker goes up against someone even worse than him it would make him a kind of hero in context.
    If Joker goes up against someone even worse than him, someone on the creative team has miserably failed to understand Joker

The movie could be an "inofficial" prequel of the Heath Ledger version (10th year anniversary and all that) and have not much to do with the comic book version. It seems they are casting Joker's mom and she's not in the Killing Joke from what I remember. Not even in Azzarello's Joker GN. Deadpool has worked out fine, Venom might well work out as well, why is there so little enthusiasm for this? Why does a movie have to be about a hero? If Joker goes up against someone even worse than him it would make him a kind of hero in context.
    The last thing I want to see is Joker as a hero in any capacity.

Deadpool has an ongoing comic for years. Venom has had multiple ongoing comics. Both lean on the side of anti-hero than villains. Joker doesn't.

BANNED

If Joker goes up against someone even worse than him it would make him a kind of hero in context.
    No it would not in any way at all.

And I don't want to see anything that is even worse than the Joker anyway in a DC film anyway.

I'm tying to think of films/shows with a protagonist who's a bad guy on the topic of would The Joker be a hero. Off the top of my head there's Death Note, Sopranos, Perfume, Kill Your Friends and American Psycho but none of them would make a good template for a Joker film.
    Snowflakes melt in flame wars.

Put it this way, people watch Nightmare on Elm Street movies wanting to see Freddy kill people. He's always the best character in the movie. That doesn't mean anybody wants him to be the good guy.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    If Joker goes up against someone even worse than him, someone on the creative team has miserably failed to understand Joker
    I think the point is that he he isnt quite joker yet till the end of the movie. And there are ways to make ppl worse then him. I dont recall Joker sexualy assualting anyone ever and hurting Children is something hes only done a few times and the most notable one was what he did to Jason Todd and even that was soemthing people like Harley and Ras were shocked Joker would do.

Isn't this supposed to be a crime drama of sorts?

I was expecting this to chronicle Phoenix' Joker descending from average joe to Clown Prince of Crime.

I dont recall Joker sexualy assualting anyone ever
    Depending on your own view there was Babs in Killing Joke.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    No it would not in any way at all.

And I don't want to see anything that is even worse than the Joker anyway in a DC film anyway.
    I don't expect a Mexican Cartell or Szasz maybe a traditionalist like Falcone or Jack Palance's character in Burton's Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by jump View Post
    Depending on your own view there was Babs in Killing Joke.
    Yea I never got the impression that he touched her sexually. I know people are divided over this one. Theres never been any clarficiation?

Yea I never got the impression that he touched her sexually. I know people are divided over this one. Theres never been any clarficiation?
    Nah and I doubt there ever will be. Even if he didn't rape her technically taking photos without their permission of someone after they were stripped against their will is a form of sexual abuse.

BANNED

I don't expect a Mexican Cartell or Szasz maybe a traditionalist like Falcone or Jack Palance's character in Burton's Batman.
    I don't see how those are worse than the Joker.

I don't see how they are even 1/10th as bad as the Joker.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I don't see how those are worse than the Joker.

I don't see how they are even 1/10th as bad as the Joker.
    Ok, I always thought of Joker being as much as an entertainer as a killer and the worst weapon in his arsenal should be poison gas (but then I completely ignore anything Jason Todd). Probably that's why I think a Cartel (affecting a whole country) or Szasz (completely dead inside) are worse. Audiences would have flocked to a Nicholson or Ledger solo movie, no? I don't think I want a Joker as evil as in Death in the Family or Killing Joke.
    Last edited by batnbreakfast; 07-30-2018 at 10:56 PM.