Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Ok, I always thought of Joker being as much as an entertainer as a killer and the worst weapon in his arsenal should be poison gas (but then I completely ignore anything Jason Todd). Probably that's why I think a Cartel (affecting a whole country) or Szasz (completely dead inside) are worse. Audiences would have flocked to a Nicholson or Ledger solo movie, no? I don't think I want a Joker as evil as in Death in the Family or Killing Joke.
    You specifically said NOT Szazs or a cartel. You said Falcone or Carl Grissom. And if he's not going to be evil then what's the point of him?

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    I think the point is that he he isnt quite joker yet till the end of the movie. And there are ways to make ppl worse then him. I dont recall Joker sexualy assualting anyone ever and hurting Children is something hes only done a few times and the most notable one was what he did to Jason Todd and even that was soemthing people like Harley and Ras were shocked Joker would do.
    Depends on how wide you want to cast the net.

It absolutely happens in the Azzarello/Bermejo "Joker" story.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    I think the point is that he he isnt quite joker yet till the end of the movie. And there are ways to make ppl worse then him. I dont recall Joker sexualy assualting anyone ever and hurting Children is something hes only done a few times and the most notable one was what he did to Jason Todd and even that was soemthing people like Harley and Ras were shocked Joker would do.
    Joker vs the evil Sex Molester? Joker vs the Minor Murderer? Those don't sound like compelling comic book movies to me, but I guess tastes vary.

And again, I don't know how the movie ends. Is the final shot the first time we see Joker in his iconic appearance, slowly turning to the camera with his green hair and manic grin, free and ready to run loose on the city? That's a cliffhanger, not an ending, but without Batman there's no plausible direction to take a sequel, and it means the current the movie hasn't really even been about The Joker.

I just don't see how such a movie can come to any sort of resolution. The police can't catch him, but you can't let him not be caught. Even Freddie was always (seemingly) destroyed in his movies. But he was always vulnerable to teenage girls. Joker is only vulnerable to Batman. What's the end of the story without Batman?

BANNED

Well, this is progressing just fine. No problems here. Nope.

"sources say the script paints Thomas Wayne as a cheesy and tanned businessman who is more in the mold of a 1980s Donald Trump."

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...father-1137843

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post

"sources say the script paints Thomas Wayne as a cheesy and tanned businessman who is more in the mold of a 1980s Donald Trump."

Clearly, WB's master plan is to destroy the whole Bat-franchise. "F#$k Batman!" indeed.

Ultimate Member

LOLOLOLOLOLOL....

That's so weird. Maybe it was Baldwin's Trump impression that got him the gig.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    LOLOLOLOLOLOL....

That's so weird. Maybe it was Baldwin's Trump impression that got him the gig.
    Undoubtedly.

I have no words for Trump Wayne.

I don't understand this, even treating the movie like an elseworlds it doesn't compute. You're now undermining Bruce Wayne upbringing from his Dad's teaching about how the city has been good to their family over generations so his white guilt says to pay it back to the community as well as the motivation of having a beloved figure lost if he's now a Trump like figure.
    Snowflakes melt in flame wars.

Quote Originally Posted by jump View Post
    I don't understand this, even treating the movie like an elseworlds it doesn't compute. You're now undermining Bruce Wayne upbringing from his Dad's teaching about how the city has been good to their family over generations so his white guilt says to pay it back to the community as well as the motivation of having a beloved figure lost if he's now a Trump like figure.
    It's Todd Phillips.

While there is no telling just how true any of this is, it doesn't sound like something that Phillips wouldn't do.

So instead of Thomas last words being "Bruce it's ok don't be afraid" or "Save Martha" it will be "Bruce Make Gotham Great Again"

BANNED

sources say the script paints Thomas Wayne as a cheesy and tanned businessman who is more in the mold of a 1980s Donald Trump."
    Then again it is a film that has the Joker as the main protagonist (presumably) so the script may not be taking an entirely objective and truthful view of most characters.

I mean, it's a Joker movie. You think it's going to paint Batman as some kind of hero?

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I already get the feeling that critics are going to slurp this movie up if it is good or bad. You listen to any of the online talking heads speaking about it and they are already totally in love with it without one bit of film being shot yet. They are so in love with the "well they are doing something different" mindset that even if the movie is bad they are going to praise it unreal levels. That and they have this automatic reaction to Phoenix were they almost always love his movies be they good, bad, or just nonsense.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Then again it is a film that has the Joker as the main protagonist (presumably) so the script may not be taking an entirely objective and truthful view of most characters.

I mean, it's a Joker movie. You think it's going to paint Batman as some kind of hero?
    I'd been under the impression that Batman wasn't going to be in it at all.