Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Does it really diminish Batman if he has imperfect parents?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    There's an interesting story to be told about having to overcome the legacy and nature of one's own parents, as well as the pain of seeing them murdered, but I'm not sure it works as Batman's story.

The inclusion of the Waynes in the movie does suggest that, like the 89 film, we'll see the Joker being their murderer, and there's already mixed feelings about that as well.

It goes without saying his motivations for becoming Batman are stemmed from his parents deaths. The white guilt/sense of reasonability is something that is instilled in him from his billionaire Dad who chose to work as a Doctor instead of being a tycoon as he wants to give back to the community which his son carries on in his own way, if his Dad is another greedy Tycoon it takes a layer away from the lore that has been built. It's also harder to justify and keep the intensity up on Bat's crusade if the people that kicked it off weren't golden goodie two shoes.
    Snowflakes melt in flame wars.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    I'd been under the impression that Batman wasn't going to be in it at all.
    I can't imagine he's not even going to be mentioned.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by jump View Post
    It goes without saying his motivations for becoming Batman are stemmed from his parents deaths. The white guilt/sense of reasonability is something that is instilled in him from his billionaire Dad who chose to work as a Doctor instead of being a tycoon as he wants to give back to the community which his son carries on in his own way, if his Dad is another greedy Tycoon it takes a layer away from the lore that has been built. It's also harder to justify and keep the intensity up on Bat's crusade if the people that kicked it off weren't golden goodie two shoes.
    Batman is a Justice/revenge fantasy. Most kids are going to wish they had power to change things if their parents were gunned down in front of them. Regardless of their character. It took a long time for the comics to go that deep into Batman’s parents. Also he was 8. His impression of his father was going to positive unless he was a abusive privk. Not to mention his mother died too. It doesn’t really matter that much. Either it was in his character or it wasn’t

Batman is a Justice/revenge fantasy. Most kids are going to wish they had power to change things if their parents were gunned down in front of them. Regardless of their character. It took a long time for the comics to go that deep into Batman’s parents. Also he was 8. His impression of his father was going to positive unless he was a abusive privk. Not to mention his mother died too. It doesn’t really matter that much. Either it was in his character or it wasn’t
    True you can just say parents are murdered therefore he fights crime now but it's more it's a step backwards from a well developed lore for the sake of including Alec Baldwin doing his SNL skit.
    Last edited by jump; 08-28-2018 at 10:36 AM.
    Snowflakes melt in flame wars.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by jump View Post
    True you can just say parents are murdered therefore he fights crime now but it's more it's a step backwards from a well developed lore for the sake of including Adam Baldwin doing his SNL skit.
    I could see Thomas Wayne being a Glengarry Glen Ross type guy. Idk if I’d like him as Trump

I'd been under the impression that Batman wasn't going to be in it at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I can't imagine he's not even going to be mentioned.
    If there were a Batman in it that had any actual role, speaking, seeing his face, we would have probably have heard the actor playing him leaked by now, or at least a list of candidates.
    He might be mentioned or even a glimpse of a shadowy figure. But from what they are saying about Thomas Wayne, it almost seems that the events of the movie take place while
    Bruce was still a child. Or not even born yet?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    If there were a Batman in it that had any actual role, speaking, seeing his face, we would have probably have heard the actor playing him leaked by now, or at least a list of candidates.
    He might be mentioned or even a glimpse of a shadowy figure. But from what they are saying about Thomas Wayne, it almost seems that the events of the movie take place while
    Bruce was still a child. Or not even born yet?
    It does seem like Batman is more likely to be foreshadowed (no pun intended, Mr. Baldwin) than mentioned. The casting news suggests Thomas will have a significant, and Batman and Thomas aren't usually seen with a generation of each other.
    Last edited by AJBopp; 08-28-2018 at 04:58 PM.

BANNED

I like that he phrases his denial in a Donald Trump voice.

It does seem like Batman is more likely to be foreshadowed (no pun intended, Mr. Baldwin) than mentioned. The casting news suggests Thomas will have a significant, and Batman and Thomas aren't usually seen with a generation of each other.
    I guess the thing people need to remember or have forgotten is this is an elseworlds story. So everything you know about Batman, Joker, Thomas Wayne doesn't necessarily apply. Batman may not even exist right now
    or may never exist in this story. Just go into the movie and see what story they tell or just skip the movie.

uuuhhh, can we talk about this please. https://www.instagram.com/p/Bn_uihPA...=toddphillips1

Quote Originally Posted by Sain View Post
    uuuhhh, can we talk about this please. https://www.instagram.com/p/Bn_uihPA...=toddphillips1
    Umm well I was down untill he turned into chuckles the clown.