When was she called Diana Truthqueen?

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    When was she called Diana Truthqueen?
    Thanks to the magic of wikipedia, this issue apparently http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Trinity_Vol_1_29

And wow, im really liking what im seeing of this preview. Also seeing Astarte on the island is certainly a surprise.

Fight-clubbing as a hemophiliac would be an especially effective way to get good at fighting, I suppose...
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

This is looking so good. The real Diana right here, folks.

Looks fantastic. I never thought I'd actually care about learning Mayfly's backstory.

At least we have Transformation Island back. I wonder do you think this means we get to learn other villains that were mentioned backstories?

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

This is a breath of fresh air compared to what we've just been through with Robinson. Even if Orlando's issues just end up being workmanlike at best, it's going to be a major improvement.

I love the appearance of the Purple Ray, and how it looks like the one in Earth One.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

While I've never been a fan of Mayfly, this preview has piqued my curiosity about her. Orlando has Diana's characterization spot-on so far. I'm excited to see what he does with her world in his short run. My only gripe about this preview is that it appears to be blonde(Azzarello/Chiang) Hippolyta carrying baby Diana! Rucka and Scott did away with that and made Hippolyta look very similar to the Perez version.
    Last edited by Dr. Poison; 07-23-2018 at 05:14 PM.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    While I've never been a fan of Mayfly, this preview has piqued my curiosity about her. Orlando has Diana's characterization spot-on so far. I'm excited to see what he does with her world in his short run. My only gripe about this preview is that it appears to be blonde(Azzarello/Chiang) Hippolyta carrying baby Diana! Rucka and Scott did away with that and made Hippolyta look very similar to the Perez version.
    The DCEU Hippolyta being blonde made me expect they'd eventually switch back. Might not be her though so we'll see.

Looks like a good issue. Orlando was boring on JLA and Supergirl, but his Unexpected series shows he's still got that Midnighter goodness in him. Hopefully he'll bring that quality here.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Looks fantastic. I never thought I'd actually care about learning Mayfly's backstory.
    Same here. But, then I thought "why not"? If I recall correctly, her previous appearance was surprising, and well received. Plucking out an obscure, and non-Olympian villain from Wonder Woman's past and fleshing her out is an interesting and welcome move (not that I don't love me some mythological characters, but a break from those is sorely needed right now.)

It looks like Diana is offering Mayfly a chance to atone and redeem herself in this story. I could see Mayfly eventually becoming an ally to WW as a nice bookend to Barbara Minerva going from friend to foe.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RepHope View Post
    The DCEU Hippolyta being blonde made me expect they'd eventually switch back. Might not be her though so we'll see.

Looks like a good issue. Orlando was boring on JLA and Supergirl, but his Unexpected series shows he's still got that Midnighter goodness in him. Hopefully he'll bring that quality here.
    Hard telling.

Could be a case of "As the publisher, this doesn't really matter to us."

I'd guess that's about all it will amount to.