Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

From looking at and thinking on this thread I've realized that DC's probably got a better artists bullpen than at any time in its history.

If you just look at the Murderer's Row of artists that draw for Tom King's Batman, that's a pretty astounding lineup right there.

And that roster doesn't include DC's top house style artists, which I would say are Reis and Fabok now. I feel like they, particularly Reis, are today's answer to Neal Adams.

Plus great weirdos like Allred and Derrington and occasionally Sienkiewicz (with or without Cowyan).

Jorge Jimenez is blowing me away on Justice League. I didn't know he could do that. As for Snyder collaborators Cheung is also terrific as is Capullo.

Stephan Sejic is the most painterly DC artist maybe ever and the current Aquaman artist, Federici, is delicious.

Frequent Johns' collaborators Gary Frank and Doug Mahnke can do no wrong in my book.

And where oh where did Ben Oliver come from and how can we get him to draw everything? The few DC books I've read that he's drawn ("The Just" for Multiversity for one) have been so freaking great.

And even naming so many (including like 10 Batman artists I didn't name) I'm leaving out incredible artists like Pat Gleason and I'm certain several more.

I don't remember DC ever having quite so MANY great artists before.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Ryan Sook. He's got great aesthetic sense that can grab above average attention but keep a wide appeal and really strong storytelling and details. Otherwise:

pencils - Jim Lee
    colors - Jordie Bellaire
    inks - Art Thibert
    rate - Doug Mahnke
    storytelling - Francis Manapul

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    He had a stroke a few year ago and cannot draw with his drawing hand. Last I read he was teaching himself to draw with this other hand, but I have not heard how that is going.
    Howard Porter managed that and many people would argue he's improved, but that has to be a one in a million skill. I really wish Breyfogle the best though, he's one of my all-time favorites out of hundreds.

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    From looking at and thinking on this thread I've realized that DC's probably got a better artists bullpen than at any time in its history.

If you just look at the Murderer's Row of artists that draw for Tom King's Batman, that's a pretty astounding lineup right there.

And that roster doesn't include DC's top house style artists, which I would say are Reis and Fabok now. I feel like they, particularly Reis, are today's answer to Neal Adams.

Plus great weirdos like Allred and Derrington and occasionally Sienkiewicz (with or without Cowyan).

Jorge Jimenez is blowing me away on Justice League. I didn't know he could do that. As for Snyder collaborators Cheung is also terrific as is Capullo.

Stephan Sejic is the most painterly DC artist maybe ever and the current Aquaman artist, Federici, is delicious.

Frequent Johns' collaborators Gary Frank and Doug Mahnke can do no wrong in my book.

And where oh where did Ben Oliver come from and how can we get him to draw everything? The few DC books I've read that he's drawn ("The Just" for Multiversity for one) have been so freaking great.

And even naming so many (including like 10 Batman artists I didn't name) I'm leaving out incredible artists like Pat Gleason and I'm certain several more.

I don't remember DC ever having quite so MANY great artists before.
    Agree with everything you said.

Now if we can only get Quitely and Risso on monthly books, oh my.....

I also heard DC is paying more than Marvel right now. Marvel is going with a lot of newer/unknown guys as a result.

Like Batman Jones stated, DC is just loaded with great artists right now, but my favorite was always Ethan Van Sciver.

Sorry to see he's left DC to do his own thing. Hopefully he'll be back one day.
    WHO DAT?!!